Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

This guy dead yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

William Stoner posted:

This guy dead yet?

No, Bill, he ain't

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

red19fire posted:

And remember that Rihanna's savage beating was for the ignominious crime of confronting him with proof of his infidelity with some groupies. For that, she had her face slammed into the dashboard, and then punched in the face on the ground in an alley. Not enough bad things can happen to him.

I heard he beat her because she gave him Hep C.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
is Gucci Mane like a lion with a mane of gucci or like gucci man, but saying man like mane

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

He's a rapper.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
One time Chris Brown seen me kicked my self In the nuts.

Owch!

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

WhyteRyce posted:

Colin's had cops pull guns on him before for no good reason but he was apparently raised in a rich area or something therefore that totally negates any opinion he can have on the subject and in fact does not even lend any kind of weight or alternative insight on the subject

Actually Colin doesn't have any insight on sociology because he's a football player

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

So now they're saying there were no guns found on Brown's premises.

Black man allegedly threatens white woman, SWAT team responds.

White teen physically caught raping a white woman behind a dumpster, is getting out of jail in a few days.

I love America.

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

ruddiger posted:

White teen physically caught raping a white woman behind a dumpster, is getting out of jail in a few days.

I love America.

Life is becoming a lot like GTA.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Agent Escalus posted:

S.J.W. spotted. Chris Brown wouldn't be impressed, he'd pound you in a heartbeat for whatever

Also notice how sitting football man didn't do that until now after all the hype, as opposed to always

god so what you weirdo. it doesn't matter if it is a selfish motive or an altruistic motive, the end result is the same.

and why the gently caress would he be protesting something BEFORE it became a national issue and why does it matter at all with regards to the validity of his actions now? what are we oppression hipsters now?

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 1, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ruddiger posted:

dude that guy is already getting out of prison???

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

dude that guy is already getting out of prison???

Served his debt to society.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ruddiger posted:

I love America.

I'm not really sure what the comparison is. In Chris Brown's case, police responding to a guy with a history of violence, reportedly threatening violence with a gun, in a mansion. I don't know the details of the other one but it sounds like just a horribly inappropriate sentence.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it wouldn't have been a thing if he didn't get all fuckin nutty with the cops and start yelling and demanding warrants and poo poo, which im not even sure they really needed (dunno the details really nor do I know if he may be a 4th waiver) but either way the cops kiddie gloved him by not just arresting him outright

when police come say hi because someone said you've been waving a gun around, they pretty much cuff you and take you in for further questioning or whatever afaik. esp in CA.

im preeetty sure they could have just arrested him then searched the house without needing a warrant as it is incidental to the arrest and they gotta do a 'protective sweep' or whatever but he's rich and famous and whining on twitter and would tie up LA's court time/money so kiddie gloves.

imo black doesn't have a whole lot to do with it in this instance

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 1, 2016

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Some free legal advice: always always always demand to see a warrant. That the cops outside had to procure one before entering the premises shows that they did, in fact, need a warrant to enter the house.

All other dumb bullshit aside, It was smart of Brown to demand one, slowing the cops down enough to hide his way-illegal poo poo in his mansion hidey hole.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you should always ask for a warrant but i still think that under other circumstances would have just arrested him and searched the house anyway

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Toadvine posted:

Some free legal advice: always always always demand to see a warrant. That the cops outside had to procure one before entering the premises shows that they did, in fact, need a warrant to enter the house.

All other dumb bullshit aside, It was smart of Brown to demand one, slowing the cops down enough to hide his way-illegal poo poo in his mansion hidey hole.

Do they really need a warrant if the woman said he had a gun and threatened to kill her?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

you should always ask for a warrant but i still think that under other circumstances would have just arrested him and searched the house anyway

They need probable cause, not heresay from some drunk white girl. The cops had no legal right to enter his house so he told them to gently caress off and get a warrant, which was his legal right. That probably pissed them off which prompted the SWAT response, but hurting cops feelings is not a crime and the SWAT response, no matter what way you look at it, is an overreaction from the LAPD. Having a history of beating women, while despicable, does not warrant tactical police with assault rifles threatening to light up your house like christmas.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Do they really need a warrant if the woman said he had a gun and threatened to kill her?

If the woman was still being threatened inside, yes, or if they thought he was destroying the evidence of the crime (whatever that could be).

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Listen and believe*

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

ruddiger posted:

I love America.

They fixed the loophole that allowed that, at least.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ruddiger posted:

They need probable cause, not heresay from some drunk white girl. The cops had no legal right to enter his house so he told them to gently caress off and get a warrant, which was his legal right. That probably pissed them off which prompted the SWAT response, but hurting cops feelings is not a crime and the SWAT response, no matter what way you look at it, is an overreaction from the LAPD. Having a history of beating women, while despicable, does not warrant tactical police with assault rifles threatening to light up your house like christmas.

They can arrest him for brandishing a firearm just based solely of her police report. If it turns out that she lied, well that's why it is illegal to file a false police report. They don't need to actually see him doing it to arrest him and bring him in for questioning.

Then, incidental to the arrest, they could search his house.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Searches_incident_to_a_lawful_arrest

quote:

In most cases, a search warrant pursuant to the Fourth Amendment is required to perform a lawful search; an exception to this requirement is SITA.[3] In Harris v. United States (1947), the United States Supreme Court held that an officer was permitted to perform a warrantless search during or immediately after a lawful arrest of the arrestee and their premises, regardless of what the arrest was for.

In Chimel v. California (1969), the Court further limited the exception to the person arrested and the area within their immediate control "in order to remove any weapons that the [arrestee] might seek to use in order to resist arrest or effect his escape" and to prevent the "concealment or destruction" of evidence.[5]

The SWAT response was a total overreaction though yeah that was def some dick waving on the LAPD's part.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 1, 2016

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree
bitches be lyin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOd7krGQ47w

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Wintermutant posted:

410,757,864,530 DEAD CHRIS BROWNS

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

7.7 Billion views! Whoa!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

So let's get this right, a black man with a proven record of violence against women and firearm offences is NOT shot by the police, but instead they choose to shoot unarmed black teenagers who have their hands up?

Get your loving act together American police! I mean are you racist or aren't you?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

BrigadierSensible posted:

So let's get this right, a black man with a proven record of violence against women and firearm offences is NOT shot by the police, but instead they choose to shoot unarmed black teenagers who have their hands up?

Get your loving act together American police! I mean are you racist or aren't you?

cop 1: so who is inside
cop 2: oh it's Chris Brown
cop 1: ...uh, Chris what?
cop 2: Brown. Chris Brown
cop 1: Mr. Brown?
cop 2: ya i guess
cop 1: is this a test?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

he's black and rich. its like when oj simpson was acquitted

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Glad to see Justice prevail. God Bless Breezy

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

interwhat posted:

7.7 Billion views! Whoa!

That's a really good number of views

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I am not sorry to miss this thread since a TMZ article will suffice, but I want to say I love Chris Brown's music and I don't give a poo poo what he does when he's not delighting my ears with his singing.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hey we can't make stereotypes when it comes to the police. Only for the minorities that they murder.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

The Goatfather posted:

he's black and rich. its like when oj simpson was acquitted

no war but the class war is relevant every second of our lives and then after we die

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

interwhat posted:

7.7 Billion views! Whoa!

what the heck that wasn't even the video i posted this is some bait and switch poo poo. oh well

woooooorld staaaaaaaar http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh6v3SPTYiQoyQ19f6

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Personally I don't want the police to shoot Chris Brown, I just want them to bash his face hard against his marble-tiled mansion floor until every blood vessel in his face pops and his head swells up like a water balloon.

Then they can kick him in the dick or whatever too I don't care

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Baylee Curran trying to recreate Rosewood over here.

http://kollegekidd.com/news/chris-brown-set-up/

quote:

TMZ is reporting Chris Brown might’ve been set up. The gossip site reports alleged victim, Baylee Curran, announced plans to set up Breezy in text messages.

Curran sent acquaintance Safari a text message shortly after getting kicked out of the singer’s home. The message reads, “Hey safari don’t you know this freak Chris brown is kicking me out of his house because I called his friend jewelry fake can you come get me my Uber is messing up if not I’m goin to set him up and call the cops and say he tried to shoot me and that will teach him a lesson I’m going to set his rear end up, Lol come get me.”

Safari responded, “Really that’s f****d up you ain’t going to do that your wrong if you do.”

Brown’s attorney, Mark Geragos, is trying to authenticate the text.

There were also no firearms found in Chris Brown’s million-dollar mansion despite a report from TMZ he threw a duffel bag containing weapons and drugs out of his window, the LA Times reports.

Geragos questioned the integrity of Brown’s accuser Baylee Curran. Curran told multiple media outlets and police that Brown put a gun to her head while she viewed a diamond necklace during a party at the singer’s home.

“It has become apparent that the allegations are not just false but fabricated,” Geragos said, noting LAPD found no jewelry or firearms.

Brown was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon after an hours-long standoff with police on Tuesday. He was later released after posting $250,000 bail.

His arraignment has been schedule for Sept. 20.

Brown denied any wrongdoing in an IG rant.

“Every three months, y’all come up with something, bro,” he said. “What is it? What’s going to be next? At the same time, when I call police for stalker people, they don’t come until the next day.”

meanwhile on the other side of the street...

http://sfist.com/2016/09/02/video_convicted_rapist_brock_turner.php

quote:

21-year-old Brock Turner, the Stanford student whose brief sentence for a rape conviction sparked international headlines, is now a free(ish) man, released from Santa Clara County Jail this morning after serving 90 days for the sexual assault of an unconscious woman.
As previously reported, Judge Aaron Persky sentenced Turner to six months in county jail for the crime, but days after the June sentencing it was revealed that Turner's release date was scheduled for September 2, as "it was assessed that he was unlikely to misbehave behind bars."
And apparently Turner managed not to misbehave, as at 6:08 a.m. this morning, Turner left the jail through the front door, met by a large group of reporters and a much smaller contingent of protesters.

Welcome home Brock, hope you find the peace in life that you deserve. :)

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 2, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

it's not about race

it's about class

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
*in an insanely gay voice* "Police would have just shot him on sight if he was Chris Black."

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

it's not about race

it's about class

It's about both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ruddiger posted:

Baylee Curran trying to recreate Rosewood over here.

http://kollegekidd.com/news/chris-brown-set-up/

meanwhile on the other side of the street...

http://sfist.com/2016/09/02/video_convicted_rapist_brock_turner.php

Welcome home Brock, hope you find the peace in life that you deserve. :)

police found no jewelry in multimillionaire rapper's mansion :raise:

• Locked thread