Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Any suggestions for a cheap camera that can do short high-speed photography? I believe I saw Dave on EEVBLOG testing a Sony that had the feature. Relevant: I have three Dell switches that deserve only the finest 20 year old army-grade ammunition. I've spent 12 out of the 36 hours driving to a remote site, back to the office, home, again back to the site, and back to the office to rip out these glitchy bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Anyone in Seattle need some sweet garage storage?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/tls/5759792730.html

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I want to get back to working on cars, work is just killing me these past few weeks/months. :(

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I'm shopping on Croooober and drinking the Suntory Toki my friend gifted me for my birthday. This can only end with CC debt.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

I love IT.

I hate the people. I really kinda want to find a new IT job, because while the current job is steady, its....boring. I miss being a rack monkey sys admin.

In the same boat. Love the tech, hate the people. We're at least getting to play with some cool tech- but it's not worth the stress. Slept 6 hours last night after trying to configure AHV in a 3 node cluster. Ugh.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

This is probably the best thing about working IT. I can hate my job and not ruin any of my passions.
I still love photography, and working on motorcycles even though I haven't done much of either lately.
I'm starting to get a little disenchanted with cooking. BUT THANK loving GOD I'm not forced to do any of them to make a living. Or, I would probably hate them all.

...actually looking back. Working on motorcycles was the best job I've ever had.

Sup baking buddy? I just made some 10 loaves of banana bread the other night.
The wifey said "we're out of flour?!?!" at which point I informed her that any of the several WHITE 5 gallon buckets are full of flour. The orange ones are for sugar.

I try to do as little IT related stuff outside of work as I can. No more side gigs, no more fixing family PC's, no more $150/m in electricity home lab. It's great. My only regret with cars right now is continuing to work on them on the side and not working on projects I want to be. The side money is nice, but the stress and community are not worth my health/wellbeing. (I know, I've said it 3x before- this time I'm done.)

Also, what the heck do you do with 10 loaves of banana bread?

I've been hiding our over-rip banana's in the fridge for months... I should have enough for 5-6 loaves.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
All this camera chat makes me want to buy a body for my random Canon lenses... 6d's are now around $800 on CL. I was spoiled at my last job- I could just pick something from one of three lockers of bodies/lenses and use it for a week.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

I interrupt this pun broadcast for an emergency bulletin. Again, we say, WHAT THE gently caress GUY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb_BURLuI70

I love discovering a new channel, and I think I'll put another effortpost in with links to their channel pages soon. I have maybe 60 that I subscribe to, which is enough for at least two-four new, good videos a day. Youtube is my new TV.

He just did a great video on tubing bending. Between him and Tom/Mr Pete/Doubleboost/ and AVE I've got my machining fix covered.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I just cooked ~10 pounds of bacon for a Sandwich Potluck tomorrow at work. Amazingly enough I didn't eat a single piece.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

BloodBag posted:

Anyone have brake recommendations for an R56 justa mini cooper? I see power stop kits from rock auto and the full brake kits from pelican parts. Anyone want to steer me one way or another? I don't really like 'cheaping out' on something as critical as braking, but I don't want overkill poo poo like cross drilled and slotted for a daily for my wife.

Sorry for your guys loss up there :glomp:

I literally bought the cheapest ($220) brake kit for my wifes former 06 Mini S off Amazon. The kit came with rotors, pads, and sensors. They seemed to be the same quality I would have got locally at a import parts shop for half the price.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

the spyder posted:

I literally bought the cheapest ($220) brake kit for my wifes former 06 Mini S off Amazon. The kit came with rotors, pads, and sensors. They seemed to be the same quality I would have got locally at a import parts shop for half the price.

$186, My mistake.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AN5VMZE/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I fold my rear seats down all the time. Primarily for transporting something I really should be using the truck for. Lumber, Boxes, weed eater, ect ect.

• Locked thread