Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Listening to the Cerrone Rogan podcast now. A Whole New World is Aladdin not The Little Mermaid, smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

Listening to the Cerrone Rogan podcast now. A Whole New World is Aladdin not The Little Mermaid, smh

Rogan is craaaaaaaazy drunk 30 minutes into this and it's pretty hard to listen to him.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Sep 1, 2016

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Whereas Cerrone is probably on Bud #15 for the day and just getting started.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

threeagainstfour posted:

Rogan is craaaaaaaazy drunk 30 minutes into this and it's pretty hard to listen to him.

He's not crazy drunk at any point in that podcast. He's buzzed generally throughout, but if you think that's crazy drunk, you don't know crazy drunk.

Cerrone at one point mentions he's 4 to 1 on Rogan and gives him a second beer, but I don't think Rogan has much more than that.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Tim Kennedy sucks and now I'm gonna watch the Yoel Romero fight

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Does the fight pass fight night on saturday look any good?

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
haha I have never seen the Yoel Kennedy fight before but goddamn that is brutal

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Someone post the "wind speed, air pressure" tweet thing of Romero destroying him please.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Kennedy was objectively right to be mad about that blatant violation of the rules. Big John was morally right to allow it to happen.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Kennedy pulled yoel into a huge punch by his glove. gently caress him

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
Pretty typical Rogan if you ask me, especially when he says something to the effect of

"Conspiracy theorists are ignorant. They don't look into the facts. Anyway Donald, check out this cool news article about how SETI found aliens. It's true because someone put it online."

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

mistakinder posted:

Pretty typical Rogan if you ask me, especially when he says something to the effect of

"Conspiracy theorists are ignorant. They don't look into the facts. Anyway Donald, check out this cool news article about how SETI found aliens. It's true because someone put it online."

Donald Cerrone is smarter than Joe Rogan.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

mistakinder posted:

I actually listened to this one and Rogan specifically says it probably is a blip and mentions that the chances are like one in a million. He does ramble for about twenty minutes about the nature of infinity after that, so make fun of that all you want but don't make poo poo up.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Posting from the future about the CM Punk fight:

-Punk misses weight, blames not being able to train.
-Punk gets knocked out in under 30 seconds, with a punch so vicious it enters the UFC highlight reel for all eternity. WWE plays it fifty million times in their later programming.
-The concussion that Punk receives is so severe he's never cleared to fight or wrestle again.
-Punk fails both pre and post-fight drug tests.
-Accordingly, UFC strips Punk of his show fee and terminates his contract.
-The doctor suing Punk for defamation wins and takes Punk for every penny that he has.
-Punk tries to crawl back to WWE on his hands and knees, who only offer him an unpaid internship. Punk accepts, only to be fired live in-ring during Wrestlemania.
-Punk's wife leaves him for Ryback.
-Punk dies alone in the street, pennyless and unloved.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

And everyone in the McDonald's cheered and clapped!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

C. Everett Koop posted:

-Punk gets knocked out in under 30 seconds, with a punch so vicious it enters the UFC highlight reel for all eternity. WWE plays it fifty million times in their later programming.
-The concussion that Punk receives is so severe he's never cleared to fight or wrestle again.
-The doctor suing Punk for defamation wins and takes Punk for every penny that he has.
-Punk tries to crawl back to WWE on his hands and knees, who only offer him an unpaid internship. Punk accepts, only to be fired live in-ring during Wrestlemania.

So did Mexico pay for the wall or what

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

So did Mexico pay for the wall or what

what the gently caress is mexico

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Nate the great has had enough, please stop scheduling him to die

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

C. Everett Koop posted:

Settle down, Beavis.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

C. Everett Koop posted:

This is going to happen all month, isn't it

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
So what happens if the fight is canceled? and is mighty mouse fighting this month?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

1st AD posted:

I really enjoyed the Joe Silva era of MMA as a legitimate sport, on the other hand I will enjoy the poo poo out of fights where nobody gives a poo poo about weight classes or belts and we get more entertaining scraps like Conor vs. Nate.

Anyone half way knowledgeable can throw together rad fights for mega stars. Where we'll miss Joe Silva is on the prelims and early prelims.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Herr Tog posted:

So what happens if the fight is canceled? and is mighty mouse fighting this month?

Then the fight doesn't happen and something else replaces it on the card, and also

Memento posted:

UFC September - You Feel Lucky, Punk?

Men's Flyweight (125lbs, 56.7kg) Champion: Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson (24-2-1).
The greatest fighter in the world. Attained the title at UFC 152 in September 2012, and has successfully defended it 8 times in a row. Will defend his title next against the winner of The Ultimate Fighter 24 tournament at the finale of that series on December 3rd, 2016. The pound-for-pound greatest fighter in the world.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Marching Powder posted:

Anyone half way knowledgeable can throw together rad fights for mega stars. Where we'll miss Joe Silva is on the prelims and early prelims.

Honestly the biggest hurdle is probably scoping B-leagues for good talent and then grooming them for the big stage/not tossing them to the wolves. I think the UFC is already kind of set up to do this because it's pretty typical for a 6-0 B-league champ to get signed to the UFC and then sink or swim.

Unless the UFC changes the way they matchmake, the whole winners vs winners and losers vs losers thing has worked pretty well.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Bluedeanie posted:

Then the fight doesn't happen and something else replaces it on the card, and also

The pound for pound smallest fighter in the world set to defend title belt that he uses as a blanket on cold nights.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

remind me not to drink and shoot the poo poo with this guy

Grandmaster.flv fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 1, 2016

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Work Friend Keven posted:

The pound for pound smallest fighter in the world set to defend title belt that he uses as a blanket on cold nights.

Lol

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

It's a pity MM doesn't have a vaguely normal sized body so we can tell how good he actually is.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Ratios and Tendency posted:

It's a pity MM doesn't have a vaguely normal sized body so we can tell how good he actually is.

He could beat the poo poo out of both of us at the same time so imo he's very great.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

You need a hug from your mommy dude

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

So I bought 202 and watched Maia wrap up Condit like a methed up spider spraying web everywhere, is there anything on 203 that should warrant a purchase other than Punk being beat into early onset dementia? Kinda new and still figuring out who's worth a gently caress to watch.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

well he effortlessly annihilated a gold medal olympian in the clinch and lost to the champion of the weight class above him while still working full time in a factory. also every single other accomplishment.

i think he is actually really good

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Marching Powder posted:

well he effortlessly annihilated a gold medal olympian in the clinch and lost to the champion of the weight class above him while still working full time in a factory. also every single other accomplishment.

i think he is actually really good

I don't know what's going on with Wilson since I don't talk to him much these days but I'm going to be disappointed if he doesn't end up getting his shot soon

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
He has tim elliot's belt

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Critical posted:

So I bought 202 and watched Maia wrap up Condit like a methed up spider spraying web everywhere, is there anything on 203 that should warrant a purchase other than Punk being beat into early onset dementia? Kinda new and still figuring out who's worth a gently caress to watch.

Heavyweight fights are almost always entertaining and Overeem and Miocic are both really good fighters. Probably the most interesting heavyweight title matchup since Cain vs JDS I

Werdum is cool and Travis Browne sucks poo poo, their first fight was pretty one-sided and only got dull when Werdum slowed the pace of the rear end whooping in the fourth and fifth. I think the rematch should be a good chance to watch Travis Browne humiliated again.

Faber/Rivera and Calderwood/Andrade are both eh. Uncle Creepy vs the Taz-Mexican Devil is the most interesting fight I see on the prelims.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Hint: Newcomers don't want to spend time finding out wtf Uncle Creepy is. Just use their names.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

if you see a guy being referred to as uncle creepy in the context of something you like and don't google it you're probably apathetic due to a deep depression and your dick works fine too it's just the depression

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Hint: Newcomers don't want to spend time finding out wtf Uncle Creepy is. Just use their names.

Any newcomer is going to have to google "Ian McCall" anyway, it's not any more difficult to google "Uncle Creepy"

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I love my mommy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

fatherdog posted:

Any newcomer is going to have to google "Ian McCall" anyway, it's not any more difficult to google "Uncle Creepy"

Follow Up: Has the announcing team ever referred to him casually by this name beyond talking about what a terrible nickname it is?

• Locked thread