Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
The Jays aren't going to make the playoffs, are they...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

The Berzerker posted:

I wouldn't go that far, but you're St. Dogbert, so... sure.

After tomorrow, the next 13 games are against Boston, Tampa, Anaheim, and Seattle. We're 16-19 against those teams this year - not bad, but not particularly good either. We just played the Rays and Angels and couldn't get anyone out in either series, and the Mariners and Red Sox are mashers against anyone; these are not the teams you want to be facing at a time where the offense is pissing away glorious scoring opportunities every night and the pitching can't make the slightest mistake without watching it fly over the wall. It also looks like we're going to be tied with Boston again at the end of the night, with Baltimore only one game behind after it looked like we'd buried them a week ago; furthermore, Detroit is within two games of us, Houston is within three, and the Yankees and Royals are both making runs behind them.

My point is, I don't know what's gotten into the Jays since they left Baltimore, but they need to figure it out in a big hurry.

St. Dogbert fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 7, 2016

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
The 2016 New York Yankees - "I Gave Up and Died, and It Worked!"

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Sydin posted:

gently caress this loving piece of poo poo year what the gently caress.

I was just thinking yesterday that, as bad as 2016 has been for politics and pop culture, we hadn't had anything really horrible and tragic happen in sports.

Everyone famous should just hide in their basements until New Year's.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Pomeranz is scratched from his next start, and will only pitch in relief for Boston from here on in, if he pitches at all.

It'll be interesting to see if MLB revisits this in the off-season. Plenty of people - including, for what it's worth, Bill Simmons - are suggesting that the Red Sox should get the prospect they traded back from San Diego.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Didn't he make a bunch of starts for them before getting hurt ?

Supposedly, he was already hurt when he was traded to Boston, much like Collin Rea when he went to Miami. Red Sox management and ownership is reported to be extremely angry with the punishment that A.J. Preller and the Padres received.

One wonders why this keeps happening, given that every traded player is supposed to undergo a physical. Still, the Padres kinda made a habit of trading injured players this year.

St. Dogbert fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Sep 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
So, Mark Trumbo for Steve Clevenger, eh? The guy leading MLB in homers for the guy leading MLB in being racist on Facebook.

• Locked thread