Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

If we're shooting for the moon a fully automated 1KoB would be amazing.

Although if you figure out something like that you might as well run traditional fantasy stuff too. It's really beyond the current scope of the site, but if you need ideas to kick around.

If we added a new gametype, the easiest manually run game to add would be a modified kicker eliminator (team, rather than player based) because game stats including FGM/FGA and XPM/XPA are already collected-- it'd be a modification of an existing gametype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swampface
Apr 30, 2005

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

There should be a cutoff for funbux bets that takes place before the games start on thursday, so you can't re-bet your winnings from an earlier match on a later match.

What's wrong with rolling your winnings over as long as the bets are in before the games start. Trying to get though a weekend betting max every possible game is a lot of fun (and I am very very bad at it.)

My personal feature request is to add funbux groups along with eliminator groups. I don't even need there to be seperate funbux, just a way to display the funbux of the people in the group you have set up all in one place for comparison's sake.

edit: Also thank you Rura for teaching me to never ever ever bet real money on football.

swampface fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 11, 2017

elfurbe
Dec 22, 2005
That guy with the thing

Rura Penthe posted:

Oh god, I apologize to you as well then. When you're thinking terrible thoughts about me try to remember to go look at my public github repos for software I'm not ashamed of :D

(Thanks to all for taking over here! It is a huge relief to see this tradition continuing)

Ha, my public github repos, by contrast, are full of many shameful things. All told, I have probably written mostly PHP in my life (before there was github, so you can't judge my code directly thank god), so my dishonor is utter and complete. You ship the code you have, not the code you wish you had, coffee is for closers, etc etc.

Honest to god, this was easy enough to get running that I can't say your ruby code is necessarily bad, outside of the implicit demerits for being ruby, obviously. We went straight to current revision on the ruby interpreter and upgraded a bunch of the dep gems to clear some warnings and such and Eliminator just keeps truckin' like a boss. At this point most of my obsessive-compulsive efforts have been optimization/fixes on the infrastructure scaffolding, I've barely touched the codebase.

Eliminator rides forever, shiny and chrome.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

elfurbe posted:

Eliminator rides forever, shiny and chrome.

I pick, I die, I pick again!

*sprays teeth with Bucs colors*

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

swampface posted:

What's wrong with rolling your winnings over as long as the bets are in before the games start. Trying to get though a weekend betting max every possible game is a lot of fun (and I am very very bad at it.)

I had the impression this was an unintended exploit? Essentially, most funbux players aren't playing this way, but there's obviously a huge advantage in doing so.

If this is a format people actually want, though, then that's fine... it's just fake money, I don't care much. :shrug:

elfurbe
Dec 22, 2005
That guy with the thing
Good news everyone! We want to capture your ire in a more structured way, so we set up a public issues-only repo for all your issue-submission impulses:
https://github.com/SASEliminator/Eliminator/issues

Basically I'm an awful pedant and I like lists and the other two didn't stop me so you're in my world now.

I already c/p'd Leper's issues in, added some comments, closed some, and I even fixed one by accident because I trip over ruby and make magic I guess.

Submit your grievances/feature requests/bug reports to the issue tracker and await judgement, as all must do. Thumbs up/down issues if you agree/disagree with them, add comments, be cool, etc.

I do want to be super clear that the existence of this tracker and the submission of an issue do not in any way imply that we'll be doing what you want or even reply in a timely manner. We do want to hear your bug reports and suggestions, but you must always remember that a hobby developer is never late, he commits precisely when he means to.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

I had the impression this was an unintended exploit? Essentially, most funbux players aren't playing this way, but there's obviously a huge advantage in doing so.

If this is a format people actually want, though, then that's fine... it's just fake money, I don't care much. :shrug:

nah, always intended, just like a real sports book that will take your money as often as they can. There's even a helpful hint on the betting page

quote:

Funbuck payouts will occur within a few minutes of the end of a game you have wagered on. Just got a big payout? Quick, go bet more!

xR MXM
Jun 24, 2008

:coffee:
I don't know if anyone would agree with me, but I liked when there was the lock of the week and the shoe in of the week on the page.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

xR MXM posted:

I don't know if anyone would agree with me, but I liked when there was the lock of the week and the shoe in of the week on the page.

I didn't even know this was a thing, but if we bring it back I request we call it the "Stone Cold Lock of the Century...of the Week."

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

elfurbe posted:

[snip]Basically I'm an awful pedant and I like lists[/snip]

Signs of a quality programmer here. Thanks to all you guys! Puttin' all my funbux on the Pats to COVER gently caress THE BROCKWEILER WOO

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Haven't checked lately. BUt I'm pretty sure i killed it on funbucks.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Weekly stone cold lock of the century available for early and late Saturday and Sunday games.

elfurbe
Dec 22, 2005
That guy with the thing
Stone Cold Lock of the Week of the Century of the Millenia of the Eon issue added: https://github.com/SASEliminator/Eliminator/issues/9

I believe qwijib0 played the ancient Eliminators and has some knowledge of what that should look like. I've only been Eliminating for three seasons so I have no idea what this means in practical terms. We'll look into it though. Offhand, it sounds like an excellent bloodbath catalyst and I'm all for that kind of comedy.

elfurbe
Dec 22, 2005
That guy with the thing
Good news, funbuckers and spread junkies! While we continue searching for an appropriate legitimate replacement odds feed for next season, I decided that Pinnacle could go straight to hell for killing our odds feed mid-season and I therefore resolved to scrape their site for great justice. Normally I would avoid scraping HTML for a number of reasons like ethics and laziness but these orangey dutchbags poked the fuckin' bear so I went and I got that pic-a-nic basket and now we're gonna eat up all the odds they brought for their friends and we're gonna laugh while we do it.

So! Odds should be updating on the customary cycle starting as of about 30 minutes ago. We'll see how long we can get away with this, hopefully until the end of the post season.

¡Viva el Eliminador!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh, can you scrape the crazy prop bets for the Super Bowl when that comes around?

I have no clue what goes into any of this so it might not be worth it for something that happens once a year.

elfurbe
Dec 22, 2005
That guy with the thing

Grittybeard posted:

Oh, can you scrape the crazy prop bets for the Super Bowl when that comes around?

I have no clue what goes into any of this so it might not be worth it for something that happens once a year.

Is...that a thing this site has done before? I don't funbuck, I don't know what you people do in there. If you're asking for a whole new feature/type of betting to be added to funbucks, there is zero chance of that happening anytime soon. If it's something that has happened in the past, we'll certainly do our best to see that it works as expected.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
As far as I know it'd be a new thing, so yeah no worries. It just popped into my head as something I'd like to bet fake money on.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Maybe those 15 points were too many....:greencube:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I didn't know what to take for spread eliminator, but the Pats-Texans game was my most confident, so:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Well crap I was planning on picking KC this week in eliminator but I already used up Pittsburgh and the Patriots. I can't win now. (Much like anyone watching the AFC game this Sunday)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elfurbe
Dec 22, 2005
That guy with the thing
And that's the post season!

Eliminator:
Congrats to xan and adrianoon for going 4-0, how did you not get burned at least one week, I charge you with witchcraft.
The 14-way tie for reverse would suggest that picking losers was apparently pretty straightforward.

Pickem:
Three way 10-1 tie, nice picking. Love that the AFCW screwed all of you on your perfect post seasons, we aim to please. Nit Wit Dog poo poo owned by the Raiders (what were you thinking, it's the Raiders), Ashen/YMB both let down by the KC Chefs who cooked up a disappointing loss. As the resident Chiefs fan of the new management team, I apologize.
Nine total people played reverse pickem, a third of them won it, you know who you are.

Funbuckeroos:
ashen destroyed the competition with $75,849.58 in winnings, besting the second place finisher by almost 2x, so all your bases legally belong to him now.

If you play a game-type I didn't mention, it's only because I don't care about it.

SAS Eliminator will return for a 14th glorious season and it will probably look and act just like this one. We'll be looking at issues/enhancements (add some more, be the change you want to see in eliminator: https://github.com/SASEliminator/Eliminator/issues) over the spring/summer where possible, but as you can imagine a lot of these things are harder to test when there's no handegg happening. From all of us FNGs here at EliminatorHQ, thanks for playing our post season! Hopefully we didn't cock it up too bad.

• Locked thread