Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Question Mark Mound posted:

Siri doesn't like my accent so I pretty much never use it. About nine times out of ten when I try, it takes me so long telling it "no, change the reminder message" that I'd have been quicker just typing it up in the first place. Anything Siri-related is basically a non-existent feature for me.

"Be ye disabling of yon shield-uh!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

ChadSexington posted:

I don't think it's known yet. IIRC iOS 9 got released a week or two after the iPhone announcement last year, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same deal here.

Standardish practice has been announce on day, release 3 days before the new devices ship.

So like, announce today, phones ship on a Friday 2 weeks from now, iOS 10 releases the Wednesday prior.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is this gonna come out today?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Out and about. Release date? Preorder date?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Any mention of tVOS release date?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Don Lapre posted:

Unlikely. Here is what will happen
Monday 9/12 people will get shipped notifications for overnight shipping via fedex/ups/etc..

Tuesday 9/3 people will post OMG its out for delivery, or Its in my hometown!

Tuesday 9/3 evening People will post wtf apple, why is ups holding the phone till friday!

Not what he meant (and I think you meant 13th, not 3rd.)

In the past, delayed (past release date) shipment estimates have sometimes been too conservative and they've come a week or more early...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I was told this is the thread to poo poo up with shipping commiseration etc...

I'm extremely bummed my Wife's RoseGold 7+ still says delivery tomorrow but UPS says Monday now. :\ That's lame.

Mine won't be here until like, end of Sept.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Aphrodite posted:

Where are you located?

I had a 16th date the whole time but my phone's latest tracking update is departing Anchorage last night at 12:43am. So over 36 hours ago now. I'm hoping it's just customs stuff since I'm in Canada, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not in by tomorrow either.

Seattle. And my wife's iPhone shows its last check in as departing Japan. 10:05 pm on the 15th (assuming that is local time since it hasn't happened yet.)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
That was my experience too for a matte black plus 258. Well not that late but not release date.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Bape Culture posted:

Most people here are going from a 6s are they not?
I am!

6S+ here going to 7+

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Aphrodite posted:

My issue did turn out to be just a missed scan, and my phone left Louisville last night.

However it only got out of customs at 8:30, which is a little tight for delivery today since it still has another stop before it goes on a truck.

My wife's went from Monday to today but hit an issue and is stuck in Louisville and says tomorrow which is minorly blowful since I can't guarantee where I'll be tomorrow...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

LODGE NORTH posted:

This is true. Trucks go out hella early.

Anyone with an October ship date get any good news?

9/27 delivery date. Moved to Preparing for Shipment today.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I mean, who knows how long it will be in "preparing" but I think, historically, that's been a sign it's doing something within the next couple days.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Aphrodite posted:

Mine got into my area's local hub an hour ago, so I should know soon if I'm getting it today or a delay until Monday.

Not a big deal really, I needed it for October 14th but I'm well ahead of that.

Yeah. No mine explicitly says it's not coming until tomorrow and that it's delayed.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

LODGE NORTH posted:

Apparently some people with October ship dates are getting Preparing for Shipment notices. However, I am not one of those people.

Mine went to PFS like 36 hours ago or so... and my card is fully charged for the tax. (Not pending). However my estimate of 9/27-29 hasn't altered at all. And it's set to 6-8 day shipping (which kinda blows I think, since I ordered at like 12:09).

Hoping I see a status change soon and an update to my shipping.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

flipoff posted:

My phone has shipped today, will be here Wednesday. Original delivery window of 10/4-10/10.

A chat person at Apple said to me that was impossible and everyone with dates that late was lying on the internet. LOL.

Despite that showing up EVERYWHERE.

Sadly, my 9/9 order on Apple (ordered at 12:09pm) with a ship date of 9/27-29 has been Preparing for SHipment for like 5 days now and no status update whatsoever. People with the exact same configuration as me who have original dates of October are getting their phones bumped up to today, tomorrow, wednesday, etc...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
My saga continues. Finally shipped after 3 days of PFS. Sat in ZhengZhou for 3 more days with a delivery date of Friday, finally switched to Monday... and now delivery date is unknown as it finally heads to Korea.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah so there's been a mechanical delay in Korea.

KIM JONG UN-GATE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

fordan posted:

And I don't think Apple pays for Sat delivery. Your options are to try and get it tonight or probably wait until Monday. I've been turned away from getting a non-Saturday delivery package on Saturday at the depot before because "it's already packed on the truck for delivery on Monday."

What I can tell you about Saturday and UPS and iPhones is:

1) The day after launch day, people got it via UPS on Saturday.

2) The day mine came in, 1 week later, there was a weird widespread UPS delay... mine came in Saturday.

Maybe they will keep doing Saturday for the iphones for launch-ish orders. I wouldn't bank on it, but it is definitely possible given the recent evidence.

• Locked thread