Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Best mock draft ever - I got healers, fast birds, and DIX-ON.

Also got the NE and NO QBs!

Updated my team name because it's obvious and cheesy this year, but this league truly is MAKING FANTASY GREAT AGAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I did ESPN default autodraft last year and won the league.

Two years ago I took over a team that had an abandoned owner and just barely missed playoffs due to some crazy tiebreaking rules.

Have fun with the rules each week and set up rules to help you out! This league is much more and week to week management and having fun with the rules than it is about drafting well.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Are you going to remove all my players again?! I had 3 medics!

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
NEW RULE, NEW RULE!
WBest Coast Offense

Receiving Yards are 10.
Rushing Yards are -10.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I obviously shouldn't get the calvinball for failing to realize we were starting 2 qbs this week. Never goes to anyone that fails to set a proper lineup imo

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
NEW RULE! NEW RULE!
I only want good punters!

Net Punts are -468

(This value was very specifically chosen such that the top 12 punters last week for avg punt distance give positive points and the rest give negative!)

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Fenrir posted:

I believe this might be superceded by the punt rule already made. We'll have to ask Anubis for clarification.

It should be OK as I changed a different scoring category and the other rule change only changed "Punt Yards" and mine was to "Net Punts". They are essentially the same as "Rushing Yards" and "Rushing Attempts" the best I can tell.

However I did screw up and accidentally set it a little off by filtering only for available players. I should have set it to -489!

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
You're in for a pretty fun season ;)

Sometimes people change points and then the position gets removed for the week!

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
That was a pretty amazing loophole that you found.

I actually tried to pick a value to make finding a punter interesting this week though by making the stat that matters average yards per punt instead of just total punt yards. It's getting tough to find new ways to set rules that we haven't done many times before already

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
The End Zone is Lava is a giant cheater and his punter Schmitz didn't play any snaps!

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Nephzinho posted:

New Rule! New Rule!
You'll get 'em next time.

In any circumstance that a kicker misses their attempt, +1000 points.

New Rule! New Rule!
But if you do it won't matter!

In any other circumstance for kicking - it's worth 0!

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
New Rule!!! New Rule!!!
Opposite Day Indeed

Lowest total score this week wins!

(If that was a Calvinball only rule and I see something in time to get it in I do have a backup rule planned)

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
In that case, I'll go on with the theme from someone else

New Rule!!! New Rule!!!
Still playing for the other team...

Receiving Targets are worth 100 each

Receptions are worth -200

(This makes drops worth 100 points and catches worth -100)

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Wow - somehow I didn't start the right number of players even though I swear I set it up - and then had a player out on injury!

I can't even qualify for calvinball for being such a fuckup again.

I'm putting in a piss poor showing for being last seasons champ.

Gonna pull it together and get myself back up to playoffs and go for the repeat. Hope is never lost is calvinball!

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
If any lurkers want to join in I'm sure we could look at fixing up some of the absentee HC teams.

JPrime posted:

who has the calvinball, anyone know?

The following teams are D/Qed from it for not starting proper teams:
MAKING FANTASY GREAT AGAIN
The Noodle Incidents
Hill and Bernard IRL
"Y" as in "Y do we care?"

Which means as best I can tell - the lowest score for someone that started a legit team belongs to: A Nauseous Nocturne with the calvinball

New Rule, New Rule!
What's a team without a strong leader

Passing Yards are worth 25! Use that QB to carry your team

Aredna fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 6, 2016

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I certainly don't get Calvinball because a few players got injured and then by the time I noticed I was missing a position they were already out and too late to get a starter fixed!

I swear I'm not making my team be the worst for political reasons!

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
If it was changed last week, then it doesn't matter - you can change it this week! The limit is each rule is only changed once per week.

New Rule!! New Rule!!
Get Rid Of Slimy FootballS... even more!

Completions are worth -200

Rushing attempts are worth -200

Punting attempts are worth 1000

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
You can ignore mine and grab one of his.

In the past we've allowed all yards to be changed so in my mind these were all changing things related to giving away the ball for.

But obv that seems to have crossed the line so it's no problem :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I've been really bad in all of my leagues this year all the way around, which hits this one even more. I've noticed other people as well so I'm not sure if it's just an off year or something else.

It is getting harder to find interesting things to change though without repeating what we've done every year. Perhaps some sort of structure (completely anti-calvinball!) or rethinking of format could bring it back next year?

Maybe categories of change? Or instead of H2H some total points thing? I dunno just tossing ideas out because I did really enjoy it in the past and would hate to see it gone forever.

• Locked thread