Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Football is stupid and I don't like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I got some really lovely news today so I'm happy Alabama was able to take my mind off of it for a bit

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
If I knew enough about photoshop and poo poo to create a Jayhawk version of :getin:, I would.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
NCAA Week 1 Aftermath: Joey Freshwater

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

It sucks that Alabama is still just as good as ever or maybe better.

Otherwise all the upsets have been fun.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

[HTown Takeover intensifies...]

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvuoh7WGvtc

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bobcats beat Ohio in 3OT, which is beyond my wildest dreams. I wouldn't say it's outside the possibility we can hang with Arkansas, seeing what the Hogs did today.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I've watched maybe one Purdue game since 2010 and I was going to watch the game today but I'm at my future in-law's and they don't have ESPNEWS. I think their cable package was saving me from myself.

I got to watch the LSU/Wisconsin game, though and that turned out pretty cool.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Washington beat the piss out of Rutgers and almost covered the 26-point spread in the first quarter, so that was fun.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
UMass traveled to the Swamp and hung with Florida into the fourth quarter. Mississippi State has to travel to UMass (at Gillette Stadium) in three weeks. Saving the percentage below to see how much it changes tomorrow.

MSU paid South Alabama $150K for their game, but USA paid them the same to come to Mobile a couple years ago. I wonder if the situation is similar with MSU's home-and-homes with UMass and LA Tech. I think it's thrifty, clever scheduling, assuming you win those games.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
It was a sad day to be a Stoops.

In other news, Big Blue Madness is only 41 days away!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

coogs

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Also, if you had told me the TCU/South Dakota State game would have a total of 100 points scored, I would have imagined TCU scored at least 80.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Ireland National Champions, bitch

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

A&M did the thing where the offense stalled on a bunch of drives and suddenly the defense started giving up a lot more, but I was 100% expecting a loss so I'm happy

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Well, we're definitely not beating Alabama this year. But we might beat LSU, so I am cautiously optimistic about this season.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Thats about what I expected to happen, even if I had hoped to do better. USC just doesn't have experienced talent to compete, especially on the lines

But atleast UCLA also lost

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
jalen hurts BITCHES

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Despite needing a 55-yard field goal to beat Vanderbilt, we're 1-0 and somehow turned in one of the better SEC showings. I'm pretty excited about our schedule now; Mississippi State next week looks much more manageable.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 4, 2016

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
loving :lol: UVA

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
The SEC East is wide open, so I'm less bummed about Mizzou not looking so good today.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I really have no idea what to think about that.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I think UNLV can make it a one possession loss to UCLA next week if everything goes right

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

JRizzle posted:

The SEC East is wide open, so I'm less bummed about Mizzou not looking so good today.

Same. I have tickets to the Mizzou-Carolina game and I'm very much looking forward to that clash of the titans.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Thoguh posted:

Football is stupid and I don't like it.

:lol:

--

News: WVU won it's opener.

Views: :getin:

Summary: Solid win over a p5 team -- first time we've won a home opener vs a non-conference Power 5 team since we joined a conference. Offense could have been better, defense looked pretty solid. After watching the rest of the conference, I feel okay about everything.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Quick thoughts because I'm exhausted:

1; Bama is still really good. They also have no margin for error. If FSU boat-races Ole Miss on Monday, there's no one the Tide can lose to and have a reasonable shot of making the playoff. The SEC is not sending a team to the playoff not named 13-0 Alabama this season.

2: Clemson did everything within their power to lose at Auburn. Deshaun Watson's still really good though.

3: The Big Ten won the weekend and is clearly the best conference. The favorites took care of business, Wisconsin pulled off a great win, and the only loss came on some fluky bullshit.

4: It's time to start the Houston to Playoff talk, and also Ohio State AND Michigan in the Playoff as well.

5: LSU/Tennessee out of the top 10, Oklahoma barely hangs on due to a lack of mid-range teams really impressing. Houston/Washington in, Louisville close.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Thank you for defeating evil.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

I can't even be mad, good for the Coogs

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Holy gently caress Bama will never be bad again. They've ascended beyond everyone

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Clemson Auburn lasted forever

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Probably Magic posted:

Thank you for defeating evil.

Thank you.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Florida Offense:

Only like 170 days until UF softball I guess. :suicide:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Crotch Bat posted:

loving :lol: UVA

I have all the same feels.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

pillsburysoldier posted:

Clemson Auburn lasted forever

Yall better not lose to noted 3rd string Clemson QB Chad Kelly

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Pretty good Week 1 for FCS and G5 teams. Glad Pitt wasn't a victim. 8-5 with a bowl loss, here we come!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
What I learned this weekend is that every team and every conference is bad, except for Bama, annoyingly.

Slate Action posted:

Ireland National Champions, bitch

I'm just glad we won A Game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

buddhanc posted:

Holy gently caress Bama will never be bad again. They've ascended beyond everyone

it's weird, like 5 years ago I'd have been so loving pissed off at this and now I'm just like eh, what're you gonna do

• Locked thread