Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm looking forward the most to Ultimate Spider Man, myself. Peter's voice actor is godawful, but if I recall, that game has some nice cell-shading for a 2005 PS2 game and added some stuff to the Spider Man 2 formula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Friend or Foe may be one of the only Spider Man games I purposefully avoided. The art style just threw me off, and I don't really like Beat Em Ups.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Fun fact is that this was actually canon for a while in the Ultimate Spider-Man comic line (One of the few good things to come from the Ultimate Universe). Eventually though, it was decanonised.

This is also my personal favorite Spider-Man game, and it's aged really drat well.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think even most people who hate Bendis agree that USM is good.

He has certain strengths and weaknesses. When he plays to his strengths (USM, Daredevil, Alias), he's amazing. However, some people (myself included) feel that he can sometimes struggle to distinguish his characters' voices and might play a bit looser with characterization than readers might like (e.g. Hawkeye suddenly being willing to kill people). And well, the less said about Civil War II, the better. He rather fumbled the ball when it came to Ultimate End.

But yeah, Ultimate Spider-Man was one of the best versions of the character ever written.

I've not read his current Jessica Jones series, but pretty much this. Bendis is one of the best writers Daredevil ever had and USM was consistently good when it wasn't fantastic, but...

Well, again, pretty much this. He's best when focused on street level heroes, but when he does Big Events or stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy, he visibly founders around. He's also one of the many writers who grew up with a crush on Kitty Pryde and had her join the Guardians for a spell (I think she even became Star Lord for a time), and she dated Peter for a while in the USM line as well.

And seriously, Civil War 2 was a loving tire fire. I don't know if SA has a comics thread, but I spent a fair while last year reading scans of it on Spacebattles and wondering what the hell.

• Locked thread