Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Nosferatu because I can relate to a supremely ugly creature that must remain underground for fear of retribution by the normal populace.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Stuntman posted:

i still need to watch this game crash

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

mind the walrus posted:

In Bloodlines does anyone have a recommendation on how to get past the junkie-vamp boss who floats around the room like Psycho Mantis and shoots you with a shotgun? I put almost all my stats into social buffs and it's Deus Ex: Human Revolution all over again.

IIRC you can cheese the boss with an exploit involving the table.

I would look that up because that fight is loving bullshit!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Frankenstyle posted:

Okay so I'm not just mis-remembering or going senile, because I thought he also had ones that covered "Werewolf Etiquette" and a few that dealt with ghosts and maybe something like "The dummies guide to the afterlife". It's good that he had no chance of having children, because he would have spent their future at the hobby shop right along with his own.

When was this? Because just lol if you don't acquire the pdfs for free online nowadays!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Tectonis posted:

Because there was, OWoD turned out a boatload of dumbshit that wasn't really compatible between genres. Mage, Werewolf, Vampire, Asian Vampires, Hunters, Mummies/Ghosts pretty sure there was some otherkin poo poo in there too.

White Wolf literally just released an otherkin gameline. It's called beast the primordial and involves fighting with phantom body parts or some poo poo like that.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

lol if you didn't gently caress that goth club vampire just fuckin lol

The whole game was made for it, honestly.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

The technocracy did nothing wrong, and their only crime was trying to prevent the world from being run by goth posers.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Anthrovore posted:

whats the name of that vampire clan that sucks the poo poo out of people's assholes while they sleep

FYADeratu

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

I'm was kinda bummed that my favorite splat (mages) weren't in the game but I can understand why. Being a mage in WOD is basically an "I win" button in terms of raw power.

Fuckers can turn you into a mattress and you can't do poo poo about it!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

I always had a giggle at all the really special snowflake clans. Like the true brujah who are basically super stoic Dios. Or those tzimisce who loving hate all the cool parts about their clan, and won't do fleshwarping. Hell, they even had a clan of vampires who had 3 eyes and were pacifist healers. Only 7 of them were left on the planet after getting ganked by the tremere.

I mean, you want to play a non-standard character, cool. Pick a Giovanni or something, why the gently caress do you need to be a super secret clan of vampire unicorns?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Bert Roberge posted:

I want to roleplay an average vampire who goes to his 9-5 job and complains about work a lot.

This is basically what a tremere is.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Lucky Guy posted:

the technocracy did nothing wrong

Wassup my nigga! :awesomelon: :hf: :awesomelon:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Inzombiac posted:

What's great in the new Chronicles of Darkness is that God is real and is a huge extra-planar machine. Angels are weird hosed up machines that are semi-autonomous and have a compulsion to gather information, even if it is not useful right now.
So God knows everything because it's a massive Wiki with a great search function.

Also it's an incompetent autist that needs everything to be perfect or else it's plans get hosed up. Which explains why WOD sucks so bad.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

also :lol: at when White Wolf ever tried to do anything with Eastern, Western, Pagan, Christian, Archaic, Modern, Postmodern philosophy

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Bert Roberge posted:

That haunted house level was genuinely spooky.

It amazes me how old games with primitive engines can be spookier than modern horror games without good atmosphere.

I had turn on the lights when I got to the bloody walls in the bedroom! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Cordon bleu posted:

Real recording of real vampire clan dialogue VERY RARE FOOTAGE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi2w4Al555g

GBS: The Masquerade

• Locked thread