Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Applewhite posted:

Do you think you'd finally get around to doing all the new things you've been afraid to try because you didn't have time for them? Or do you think you'd waste eternity doing the same things you've wasted your life on only worse because now you don't even have the fear of your own death to motivate you?

I'll travel around the world and freak everyone out by killing myself in as gruesome ways as possible in front as many people as possible.
Hopefully that'll gently caress up many people so that they can also know what it feels like to be dead inside.

brb, pitching the idea to marvel and dc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Do you get eternal youth?

This is an important question also. I don't want to start with my planned public masturbation routine too late if I'll get old and lose the ability to get a boner.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Has anyone here watched "Ajin"?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tumble posted:

Immortality and invulnerability kind of have to go hand in hand. Like, if I live forever that would imply that my cells are at the very least capable of healing and multiplying perfectly or else in a few hundred years I'd just be a non-sentient tumor.

That would also mean that my body would be capable of perfectly regenerating itself like Wolverine, otherwise my organs would eventually shut down after small injury after small injury add up.

Not really. You body could just be great at not ever making a mistake when copying DNA and never wearing it down.
That would just make you never age past maturity but not give you any superpowers.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tumble posted:

Yea but if I can still be easily taken out by an untreated infection that's not really "immortal", I'm just Tom Cruise at that point.

Every discussion about immortality always boils down to the definitions anyways.

• Locked thread