Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Do you think you'd finally get around to doing all the new things you've been afraid to try because you didn't have time for them? Or do you think you'd waste eternity doing the same things you've wasted your life on only worse because now you don't even have the fear of your own death to motivate you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

you can't make one of these threads without specifying the nature of the immortality. what are the rules???

Whatever sort of immortality is most appealing to you.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

935 posted:

Research a way to kill myself. Spend every waking hour making sure I could die. What happens when the human civilization goes extinct as it inevitably will? What happens when the sun expands and consumes the earth? You'll just be floating in space forever with just your thoughts to keep you company while you suffer in agony from suffocating and dehydration and starvation and solar radiation and near zero degree temperature. It would be worse than hell.

Mods??

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

frogge posted:

I think you'd have to undergo constant plastic surgery because you don't want governments finding out you're immortal and trapping you in some research site.

Even if you got trapped you could always wait them out.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

AEMINAL posted:

Getting buried in concrete as an immortal is the most hellish thing

I wonder how long it would take to go insane

Maybe it's already happened and your life now is your hallucination.

• Locked thread