Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

September 12, 2016

So is that a lamp, TV, or computer on JJJ's bedstand? Or just a stack of rectangular cubes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

ANTS! IN MY BEDROOM!
It's more likely than you think.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Oh no, not a customized vacuum cleaner!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

bunnyofdoom posted:

Also why is that vacuum so old fashioned?
It's customized.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

He looks an awful lot like someone shaved Robotnik.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Personally I just enjoy that he immediately shrunk two of his captives, sucked them up with a vacuum, and encased them in plastic, but the third guy who he's had for much longer is just tied to a chair in the corner.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Pete better get all that air travel in while he can, before he can't call on Obama anymore to get through security.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i can't stop laughing at his face in the second panel
I'm more terrified by Mary Jane's.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Buckets posted:

And the dialogue! Yep... all the clues point to New Mexico!
Or maybe that's just what they want us to think!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

It's a regular meteorite, but since it's been in space it's radioactive, and Peter becomes Spider-Meteor-Man.

Next: BACK TO DRIVING THROUGH THE DESERT!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

"...MY QUEST TO FIND THAT WEIRD SHOOTING STAR I SAW WHILE DRIVING ON MY ROAD TRIP TO CALIFORNIA TO DO PUBLICITY FOR MY MOVIE."

And that's how we learn Newspaper MJ is her universe's Karen Gillan.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Well someone got sick of drawing a diner background.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sedan. Convertible. Sedan.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

drat, she made him carry her purse too.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Synthbuttrange posted:

Avert your eyes children!
"Hello astronaut, I'm Spider-Man, and this is famous Broadway actress and supermodel Mary-Jane Watson. The two of us just happened to be driving by ourselves through the middle of the desert. Don't look into it too much."

Doc Hawkins posted:

"It's not a purse, it's my costume satchel! :mad:"
I'm absolutely astonished the artist thought two days ahead to draw the costume satchel, when drawing "metal oval" seems to give them all kinds of problems.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Synthbuttrange posted:

WE'RE GETTING A FULL SUNDAY PAGE OF ROCKET FIGHTING A DOG
NAKED

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I love this comic so much but I'm sad they didn't go with the obvious "close encounters of the furred kind" gag.

On the other hand, I also suspect they've either used that already or declined to use it just to defy convention.
I'd say that might be too dated of a reference for today's audience, but I don't think anything is too dated for Newspaper "Monthly Tariff" Spider-Man.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So given the day-to-day changes, what do we think Ronan's going to look like when they finally have to draw him again after like 2-3 weeks? My guess is purple.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Tomorrow's comic should just be giant lettering saying "Thanks for 6X Wonderful Years! The End! - Stan Lee"

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

MariusLecter posted:

So Rocket always has big guns to compensate for... Yeah. Okay.
Hey, raccoons have bacula, that's more than humans can say.

Also, I never realized what Scott Bacula's last name meant until I just conjugated baculum.

Baculum is actually just Latin for 'stick'.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Even for this strip that's a really quick decay in drawing quality for that helmet. It seems to have immediately turned into a tiny shield.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Well it looks like he's got some serious brain swelling going on so it may not be his fault.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

MJ you have a captive audience, rehearse your stageplay performance in front of Ronan's corpsehibernating body.
I'm pretty sure the movie she was driving to audition for has already shot, been edited, and been released by this point.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Kalli posted:

Last panel of the storyline will be the sentry in overalls pushing an old timey push reel mower.
He's already in overalls so it's halfway there.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

yo, spider-man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwnoW6g-wtA

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Jukebox Hero posted:

"Where's his helmet?"

"Somewhere several miles outside a diner in the desert."
No problem now that she owns a truck!

I really hope the last strip in this ark is Peter trying to parallel park MJ's truck in front of their Manhattan apartment while she guides him from the sidewalk.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Haifisch posted:

Just start tearing things apart at random, how hard does this have to be?
Quit flaunting your fancy space prison robotics class education.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Zeeman posted:

Is Eggs Butter Cheese Bread some sort of space variant on Eeny Meeny Miney Moe?
I'm assuming it's some old 40's version of it, to go along with the bill clips and tariffs. At least they didn't use the original version of eeny meeny miney moe.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I know poorly drawn raccoon heads have been a staple of this arc, but drat.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

And after taking a moment to mark it as part of his territory, Rocket entered his ship and left Earth.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Lobok posted:

I can accept a lot of crazy poo poo in comics but I'm supposed to believe MJ's a model-actress and doesn't know anybody in LA?
Of course not, obviously she knows Aunt May.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I keep finding myself reminded of this Aunt May figure Ashens reviewed. Skip to 3:25 for the reveal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aym8nHmcC2Y

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Dexie posted:

We Are Number One but Robbie Rotten is an old lady.

Edmund Lava posted:

Is that real or a custom made from a Gary Busey figure?

CapnAndy posted:

Willem Dafoe in drag, what are you doing here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGGRke53d4Q

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So then a full week of The Amazing Spider-Man and his wife talking to two old ladies, and they still haven't set up anything, or even managed to make it inside the hotel yet. Never change, Newspaper Spider-Man.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Elfface posted:

Oh my god... Doc Ock's plan was to rob Aunt May not because he needed money, but to make her afraid to live alone. Then he can apply for the inevitable 'tenant wanted' advert...
I think, and it is hard to tell, that it's just supposed to be a random robber who only appears in that one panel who robs May, setting up the empty room for Doc Ock. I thought it was supposed to be Doc Ock robbing the place on first read too, but it doesn't seem like Doc Ock would call a place a "joint", or use a revolver instead of robot arms.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

No, they're on tomorrow's show. :downsrim:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So shocked to see Melvin, the newspapers say, that ol' Aunt May's head grew three sizes that day.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ponsonby Britt posted:

I feel like this is definitely going to happen. Why else would Aunt Anna even be in this story, if she's just going to spend the entire time sitting in her hotel room? My bet is that Tyrannus will go to the hotel room and kidnap Aunt Anna (probably mistaking her for Aunt May) under the earth to be his queen. Then Spidey and the Mole Man have to team up to rescue her, but when they get down there Aunt Anna has already eaten the pomegranate seeds and that's where winter comes from.
Alternatively, the writer has already forgotten she was there and we'll never see or hear mention of her again.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Haifisch posted:

Also I found this while looking for the other strip. Peter's face. :stare:

"But what if half-Spider-Man, half-Jay-Leno asked you?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Lenny will be the one to marry Aunt Anna.

Their shipping name is Lanna.

• Locked thread