Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

It may be hard to believe, but South Park is entering its 20th season. The show premiered in 1997 - how old were most of us then?

South Park Studios posted:

COMEDY CENTRAL® SETS FALL PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE

——–
“South Park” Returns for 20th Season
——–

NEW YORK, September 1, 2016 – The #1 brand in comedy’s fall schedule is jam-packed with returning fan favorites and new series and specials from the biggest names in comedy. The fall is highlighted by the historic 20th season of “South Park” and series premieres of “Kevin Hart Presents: Hart of the City,” following Kevin Hart as he travels to different cities to explore the local comedy scenes and introduces some of the newest voices in comedy today, and “Legends of Chamberlain Heights,” which centers on three high-school basketball benchwarmers: Jamal, Grover and Milk, three freshman friends tackling life with some wins and some losses. The coming months also promise exciting new seasons of “Drunk History,” “The Half Hour,” “The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail,” “This Is Not Happening” and “Tosh.0,” as well as original stand-up specials from Pete Davidson, Kyle Kinane and Jeff Ross. In addition, “The Daily Show with Trevor Noah” returns with new episodes after Labor Day and “@midnight with Chris Hardwick” takes over a new timeslot.

On the digital front, Comedy Central will premiere a new short form series “Typical Rick,” along with new seasons of “Alternatino,” “Nothin’s Easy” and “Questionable Science,” available for streaming on digital platforms including cc.com and the Comedy Central App. Comedy Central on Snapchat Discover also continues to roll out original content including “Keepin’ a Brother Down,” which breaks down how seemingly innocent things are keeping black folks down.

The 20th season premieres September 14, 2016, and runs through December, with a few off weeks. New episodes continue to be available for free from the Studio's website, southpark.cc.com, for most everyone around the world.

In addition, the "South Park 20 Experience", which includes life size recreations of many of the show's most famous and pivotal moments, debuted at San Diego Comic Con is at the Paley Center through September 25, 2016 and is open to the public for free.

Plus, coming soon, the new video game, "The Fractured But Whole," the sequel to the Stick of Truth. Which will be awesome. You should definitely preorder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
And here's the info for this Wednesday's season premiere:

South Park Studios posted:

SOUTH PARK
TITLE: MEMBER BERRIES
Episode #2001 Air date: September 14, 2016

Mr. Garrison is still on the campaign trail as the National Anthem gets a reboot by an American Icon.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hopefully Caitlyn Jenner is still running over people and saying Buckle Up Buckaroo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Hopefully Caitlyn Jenner is still running over people and saying Buckle Up Buckaroo.

It has made me laugh every time.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

It has made me laugh every time.

I thought it would get unfunny, but it never did.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Preview Clip:
http://southpark.cc.com/clips/f46apb/who-are-you-voting-for

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

What the poo poo? That was the shortest clip ever, there wasn't even a joke!

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I was 15 for Season 1. I remember having a hard time convincing friends to sit down and watch a cartoon.

Can't wait for the new season. There's so much good material.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SouthPark/status/775392570268459008

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I was eleven years old in 1997 but we didn't have the show over here then. I don't remember exactly when I first got to watch it, but it was in 2001, just before my 15th birthday, that I started using this nickname - and the Kenny in it did indeed come from South Park Kenny. I even dressed up as Kenny for an annual school masquerade when I was in seventh grade. Most of my real life friends call me Kenny these days.

So I definitely wasn't old enough to get started on this show when I actually did get started on this show.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I was 23 when South Park debuted.

I didn't have to convince my friends to watch it, because we had all seen the lovely, digitized versions of the "Christmas Card" video that went all over the web. Now that I think about it, one of the first truly viral things on the web.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I was 10 when they started showing South Park in my country, and remember how it pretty much instantly replaced Beavis & Butthead and Ren & Stimpy as the cartoon the "cool big kids" talked about.

I remember taping every loving episode and using our lovely 90s internet to visit South Park fan sites. Helped me impress the big kids with my knowledge about what Kenny actually said. :smuggo:

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Small White Dragon posted:

Plus, coming soon, the new video game, "The Fractured But Whole," the sequel to the Stick of Truth. Which will be awesome. You should definitely preorder.

You know what you get for pre-ordering a game?

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008

cjg posted:

You know what you get for pre-ordering a game?

Disappointment? Laughed at?

But seriously according to the official website ( http://southpark.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/buy/index.aspx ) you get "an exclusive in-game assistant, Towelie: Your Gaming Bud."

Also, don't pre-order... didn't south park come up with this very useful mantra?

ed. Cant read sarcasm. Or, better yet, maybe cant read sarcasm? I dunno anymore, the internet has me questioning everybody's intelligence, what with Trump and all... cant wait till the season starts

RugClockVexx fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 13, 2016

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Let's remember one of Trey/Matt's more underrated productions: Your Studio and You, made when Seagram's purchased and modrenized Universal City Studios (or U.C.S.).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN7CZZryUNU

Just say, "It's U.C.S. For Me!" Oh, and have a delicious free Seagram's wine cooler!

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 13, 2016

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I was actually in 3rd grade!

...maybe 4th. But close enough.

My favorite thing is to commiserate with kids/people my age who also had dads who took us to see the South Park movie in theaters on multiple occasions. Was it to get away from our moms? Was it to laugh at fart jokes and blame it on us? Both?

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Aired tonight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-zJL9JuOLQ

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Those comments are pretty sad.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Goddamn, this is video is fantastic.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I hope they're going with a bit more nuance than "cops are actually cool and good"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Vegetable posted:

I hope they're going with a bit more nuance than "cops are actually cool and good"

I don't want to throw out TOO crazy a theory here in the South Park thread but I bet their stance will be... somewhere in the middle? :ohdear:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I doubt they'll spend much time on in either case, as it's been done already last season in the ninja/ISIS episode, if I'm not mistaken.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

KennyMan666 posted:

I was eleven years old in 1997 but we didn't have the show over here then. I don't remember exactly when I first got to watch it, but it was in 2001, just before my 15th birthday, that I started using this nickname - and the Kenny in it did indeed come from South Park Kenny. I even dressed up as Kenny for an annual school masquerade when I was in seventh grade. Most of my real life friends call me Kenny these days.

So I definitely wasn't old enough to get started on this show when I actually did get started on this show.

Was that the original Jesus vs Santa pilot?? I remember it being included on Tiger Woods Golf for Playstation for some reason and getting the game pulled

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Vegetable posted:

Maybe they will turn this show around and finally add nuance.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The new trailer teaser sings the song of DND.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I remember the old days of season 1. My friend and I would sneak downstairs to watch it at night when no parents were around, we'd come up with new ways for Kenny to die, and we would spend 30 minutes downloading a 10 second clip online.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Vegetable posted:

I'd say there's a near 100% chance a character will be all "gently caress the police" and then get in a situation in which they call the police to help them.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Vegetable posted:

There was an episode last season where a bunch of cops gleefully beat up a group of innocent homeless minorities, so no I don't think that'll be the message.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

IRQ posted:

I'd say there's a near 100% chance a character will be all "gently caress the police" and then get in a situation in which they call the police to help them.

Randy or Cartman.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

IRQ posted:

Already happened to the town. They all agree to look the other way while cops get to beat up the homeless scot free.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Propaganda Machine posted:

My favorite thing is to commiserate with kids/people my age who also had dads who took us to see the South Park movie in theaters on multiple occasions.
Same!

Except it was my mom that tagged along when I went to watch the movie.

And my sister.

And our cousin (also female)

The Satan/Saddam photorealistic cock scene was....... Not well received. :downsgun:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Vegetable posted:

Yes, because if there's one thing South Park has been for twenty years, it's pro-cop.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The quality of the RM and ASF files I had to rely on to watch the 'cool new show from the US' is forever engrained in my retinas. It was worth it though.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

My Q-Face posted:

Yes, because if there's one thing South Park has been for twenty years, it's pro-cop.

Barbrady's literacy parade and speed read of Atlas Shrugged remains one of my favorite moments.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Propaganda Machine posted:

Barbrady's literacy parade and speed read of Atlas Shrugged remains one of my favorite moments.

I love that bit, but it also really confuses me because I thought Matt and Trey were massive lolbertarians, which makes it seem weird that they'd slag off Atlas Shrugged when it's generally the centrepiece of lolbertarian 'thought'.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

I love that bit, but it also really confuses me because I thought Matt and Trey were massive lolbertarians, which makes it seem weird that they'd slag off Atlas Shrugged when it's generally the centrepiece of lolbertarian 'thought'.

I mean, they can stand for a similar idea while still lampooning the book for being egotistical bullshit all about how self important and whiny a person can be. Nothing is sacred in South Park.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Ramos posted:

I mean, they can stand for a similar idea while still lampooning the book for being egotistical bullshit all about how self important and whiny a person can be. Nothing is sacred in South Park.

Do people still think that Matt and Trey wont rip on anything even if they like it or are aligned with it?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I think they're libertarian in the same way that most people align themselves with any political party -- i.e. "Yeah sure, that sounds better than the other ones."

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Y8f13WBAE

This is genius. I love the corny voiceover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Trey Parker is a phenomenal voice actor. If he wasn't so busy being a producer/general comedy mogul he'd still be able to make a killing doing voiceover work.

• Locked thread