Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

ApplesandOranges posted:

I hope Mari gets to do what Shii-Ann couldn't and actually make it to endgame.

Shii-Ann made it to F5 in all stars.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Why are there no hot girls this season?

goons.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
His first one was good, but he kind of got high on himself with the second one. Like Jesus dude, it's fifteen seconds of reality TV footage, you don't need to write the great American novel about it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yes and no. Fewer boots each week, but the editing/pace of the program itself is a lot tighter and faster-moving.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I think it's more just the format difference. Reality competition programming on Ten is just expected to be multiple nights/week with the longer runtime. I'd imagine Survivor got the extra weekly episode as much because only having two made for awkward scheduling, as anything.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qdDKLNIvTc

Yes, it is.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah that twist is kind of bizarre.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I want almost all of the millennials to go die in a fire.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

xbilkis posted:

"I call him Tails, because he's like my homeboy from home" is the standout line so far

Poque posted:

She's overly confrontive.

I will admit, the sound bytes are good.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wow, is there Adderall in the water or what?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Oh my god, the Millennial shelter...

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
This dumpster fire is amazing.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Oh, Dave...

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Poque posted:

All Survivors named David are atrocious

Danger Dave would like a word :colbert:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It could also be enforced one-time immunity or an advantage for the day 36 challenge or an extra vote for that tribal or who even knows what a weird boon.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That concept could possibly not be poo poo, but I want to see them doing yoga in India like I want to see literally any UFC fighter doing Muay Thai in Bangkok.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I love these day 1 three-way alliances that think they're winning.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
gently caress this gay earth.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
To be fair, Mari was the only one of them who seemed very intelligent.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Those parting words :smith:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Poque posted:

Zeke really bungled that by telling the third Triforce dude

:agreed:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Now that I think of it, it's kind of ironic that Mari got taken out by the Triforce.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Then again, the de facto Gen X leader nearly just died. Voting him out for fitness shouldn't be a hard sell, and then it's a wide-open game.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
oh.

Pony: :shrug:

Poison: Figlor

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Red_Museum posted:

Candice with the smiley face, Rupert with the Argh!

incomplete privacy

That's the part that gets me most, out of the entire dumpster fire that even created the situation.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Professor Shark posted:

What is the story with the note?

Also, Marie's voice was very, very annoying. She had a "radio voice", I assume from doing her videos, and it was nails on a chalkboard for me. Her leaving was a pleasant surprise, since the editors weren't really offering anyone else who could go home.

In season 20, Heroes and Villains (an all-stars season), Russell Hantz was the X-factor from the prior season who nobody knew anything about.

There was never a tribe swap, so the way the votes went down, the Heroes tribe (led by Rupert and his build-the-shelter-below-sea-level wisdom) loudly surmised that there was a fictional women's alliance picking off all the men over on Villains, and poor little Russell was up next (which was incredibly funny to anybody who'd just seen how he decimated season 19, and I say this as a heavy detractor).

JT had found the hidden idol. The Heroes thought that their best chance post-merge would be to save Russell on the other side and win his gratitude. So, with Amanda's luxury item of pen and paper, JT scrawled that awful, hideous letter, wrapped it around his hidden immunity idol, and passed it off to Russell during a challenge.

Afterwards, Russell showed it to Parvati. She gave the note-of-questionable-penmanship a dramatic reading, and the peasants rejoiced.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
For reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_pxPqtX4po

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rarity posted:

Still not as funny as Erik or Jason in Micronesia :colbert:

Erik in Micronesia wasn't funny. It was sad. The only funny thing about it was the editors showing literally everybody else voting for him and speaking their piece.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Orange Sunshine posted:

I hate it.

It's terrible in every possible way.

It could be worse.

It could be Gen-X vs. Millennials.

...:v:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I was as livid as anybody at her win, but she did a nice long podcast with Rob C maybe a week or two after the finale, and it went a long ways towards making her win make more sense.

That said, the editors dropped the ball in a big way.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
But four of them don't have stinkface.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

Aubry was killing it at that FTC imo

Which part of pissing off the jury to the point that half of them don't even ask you questions is killing it, exactly?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Poque posted:

"Figtails" as a couple nickname makes me want to vomit though

RHAP suggested Faylor/failer, which works for me.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
So does he sleep with every girl he meets on the slopes, or what?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Met posted:

It's his job?

Literally everything that happens on the island is relayed by the cameramen and on-site producers to Jeff so he knows as much as possible to make the right Tribal questions for the best TV.

I don't know if this has changed, but I remember reading him say that it's actually quite the opposite. He needs to go in blind and cold read the idiots to actually call them on their bull. Doing it from the perspective of privileged information actually ruins that.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Met posted:

No it isn't? She was yelling. He was missing half of the commands. Chris had her tell him what to yell at him.

Agreed. That actually stuck out to me as an incredibly intelligent make-it-work teambuilding moment. Clever of Chris to offer, wise of Michelle to accept.

And blue squares, I know what you're saying, but even from Jeff's role as a producer, it's a better show if he has to tease out the horrid details blindly. The payoff when he succeeds eclipses the overproduced prodding you're hinting at there, and it makes Jeff rich, right?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I mean, this is Survivor, not RuPaul's Drag Race.

Or rather, not Jeff Probst's Best Friends Race (unless it's an all stars season)

:v:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

blue squares posted:

Not everyone reads spoilers so there's no need to be an rear end in a top hat

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
#byefelicia

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Casting spoilers always run rampant. I think we also had the spoiled bit lists for Heroes vs Villains(thanks, ressel :v:) and Nicaragua for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I can see it. Her play style has been much more active than his.

• Locked thread