Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Kinzo is the god damned man, legendarily powerful, oh mama mia bautifal. Umineko is So loving Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Rodyle posted:

The sprite issues aside, you definitely need to get some videos in there because the added voice acting is fantastic and adds a lot to some scenes.

e: actually moreso than the sprites I think the PS3 misses the weird filtered photo backgrounds

OOOOOOOOHHHHHH BEATORIIIIICHIIIIII

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dire Wombat posted:

Where in the world did Ryukishi find so many great composers?

well one of them, he was friends with, and he was like, "Hey Dai, check out this sweet game we're releasing at Comiket"

and he was like "Okay half the soundtrack is loving garbo dude"

"Well if you think so why don't you go and compose me a soundtrack yourself"

and Dai just up and did it

this is the story of a bunch of Umineko's tracks

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

gently caress. you don't even understand how hard i'm having to restrain myself from posting the ending theme to the anime, because it is art, the best part of the anime, and should be displayed in museums

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyymN-osUjY

this is a video without any spoilers that contains YAMI WO KIRISAKU OH DESIRE. Remember to always keep DESIRE in your heart and SACRIFICE SHEEP TO GOD if you want to become a true MAN OF SORROW.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
ware wa nani o motomuuuuuuuuuuu~

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
It's a good, family-appropriate thing that Battler knows how to use his OH DESIRE to break the ice

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
the ushiromiya family's crazy wizard westaboo grandpa is one of the best characters and his voice acting is so goddamn good

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
"GENJIIIII" "yes kinzo-sama" "THAT IS A LIMITED EDITION 1732 EDITION OF THE TOME OF NINE HELLS BOUND IN THE FLESH OF MOLOCH CONTAINING 666,666 INCANTATIONS OF AMON, ASMODEUS, AND ASTAROTH! AMONG OTHERS!!" "and, kinzo-sama" "IT IS NOT A BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!! OHHHHHHHHHAAAAUUUUGH BEATORIIIIIICHEEEEEE BROUGHT THAT UNHOLY TOME UPON ME, SIMPLY ONE OF-" "yes, kinzo-sama"

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dire Wombat posted:

Just imagine trying to eat while he rambles about his latest find at a flea market.

I'm gonna pop some tags
Only got twenty dollars in my pocket
I - I - I'm hunting, looking for a come-up
SACRIFICE SHEEP TO GOD

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

bman in 2288 posted:

When does playing the game actually start? This ride has been completely on rails since we started, and the only tolerable characters so far are George and Jessica for me.

It's sad if you can't enjoy Mackerel Grandma IMO

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

bman in 2288 posted:

Welp, looks like George is gonna have to settle for Kanon, now.

MAN OF SORROW chikai yo utage yo

Kinu Nishimura fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 27, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
His name is Kinzo.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Nothing in Umineko actually exists. It was all a virtual reality experience.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

oath2order posted:

...guys, I think we all know who the culprit is. :witch:

Suffocation. Because Rokkenjima is on the moon.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Wait, I've got it! The culprit was Dracula all along!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Chickenfrogman posted:

The Higurashi anime is pretty bad, but it's watchable. The manga and VN are both great. The Umineko anime is completely unwatchable.

except for

https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D35dnAFiOz1k

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

bman in 2288 posted:

I get the feeling that this may be foreshadowing into George's character. We've seen a lot of Hideyoshi in him, but that doesn't mean that there isn't any Eva in him. What would happen, you think, if Shannon declined the ring?

the birth of the MAN OF SORROWS (chikai no utage yo)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
HA 👏 PPY 👏 HA 👏 LLO 👏 WEEN

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
YAMI WO KIRISAKU OH DESIRE

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

resurgam40 posted:

Strawberry Shortcackle

let's all just take a moment to appreciate this fantastic name for Lady Lambdadelta

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
ushiromiya

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
henshin

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Haven't you been listening, Resurgam? Witches 'exist!' Beatrice 'exists!' Uu~

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

resurgam40 posted:

Are you Peter Pan, now, trying to revive Tinkerbell? Funny thing is, every time I see that show, Tinkerbell ends up getting revived regardless of whether or not I actually clap. That's the difference between media and you, Beatrice- the story goes on, and continues to go on, whether I'm actually there to see it or not (and afterward, thanks to the internet and TiVo). So why is it so important to you that I clap?

Specifically to spite you, Resurgam. Because you're just an incompetent rear end in a top hat. Ahaha dot wav.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

oath2order posted:

I think the one where Battler sings about how much he loves breasts

DID SOMEBODY SAY OPPA IN LOVE?!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Tender Child Loins posted:

"Sh-Shannon? How could you?"

"I'm not Shannon anymore, Dr. Nanjo... I'm the 10,000-year old demon lord and master of oblivion, Dr. Lou Asrathiel Ezekiel Mafafa Hernandez III!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RNmINEsN6U

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10sMXnHTT1I

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Glazius posted:

Beatrice, are you planning to kill everyone with a lion?

Are you planning to kill everyone with two lions?

Beatrice's secret identity unveiled in Kinzo's shocking safari pictures!

Ooooooh, Beatrice...

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ProfessorProf posted:

If you count every combination of alternate face, alternate gesture, alternate props, and alternate costumes, Beatrice's sprite count numbers close to a thousand.

The Endless Witch who has held a thousand sprites.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

EagerSleeper posted:

I've reached a point where I think I got this murder mystery solved, so I'll just sit back and enjoy the desiring that's going on. :munch:

Isn't it crazy how it turned out that Gohda, Kinzo, Kasumi, Amakusa, and Maria were all the same person at different points in a time-travelling lifespan?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Qrr posted:

Play as any of 4 different magic rabbit guns! Feel the power of a demon butler! Be whatever the heck Gaap is! Or play as a completely generic goatman.

Funny part is, Gaap isn't actually playable and Chiester 410 is the representative of all three of them. :v:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Tender Child Loins posted:

So to jump off from that statement, why not? Why can't Battler in particular never be a culprit? What purpose does that serve for the mastermind of this scheme?

I can't believe that Battler is actually a literal sockpuppet that everyone pretends exists to humor Rudolf's dreams of adultery.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

resurgam40 posted:

But, given that Battler is now talking to an individual who is clearly female, that puts a hole right through a lot of my theories, as the only man on the island who can pull off looking female is Kanon. Every one else is too tall or broad, and of the women, Kumasawa is too old and Maria is too young too look like Beatrice, even from the distance Battler sees her...

I can't believe Amakusa time traveled from the future to become Beatrice in the past to get over how he's never going to get in Ange's pants...

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

resurgam40 posted:

Yeah, that there is... that there is Ur-Beatrice, and I think I am leaning a bit more to the steam translation (I've thought it unnecessarily crude in the past, and I guess I still do, but that translation is on point, here).

This darn mystery. It ate up a whole chunk of my time today at work, because something I wrote niggled at me and I found myself reviewing large portions of the thread to refresh my memory... I'm not going to get into it tonight because today was long and I'm dead on my feet now, but I have a new new theory on who Beatrice is, formed as usual by hearsay, circumstance and my own weird ramblings. Will probably wait until the next update, because those have ways of flipping things on their head.

...It probably would be splendid, if you could shoot through the truth with a single guess. But, that isn't realistic. Look at real wars. Do they really have everyone pull long guns out of the trench, aim reeeally well, and take shots at each other one at a time? They don't, right?! They fire rapidly, they fire all over the place, they pin down the enemy with a barrage!

Reasoning is the same way. Because of that weird virtue, you've been stuck thinking it's better to take one line of reasoning at a time. We humans can fire off countless guesses and possibilities! The bullet is the power of imagination. Suspension of thought is a clogged barrel...!

The pathetic way you've been reasoning up until now is like a peashooter. You've been so lame, weakly firing off shots, getting them denied in red, and then taking the next bullet and reloading. Your 'blue truth', which claims that humans and tricks are what's real, will overpower its target, the illusion told by the witch, with its firepower and the force of what I can imagine...!

This is your... Resurgam40-style way of fighting...!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I can't believe Battler cut in front of Ootsuki in line at McDonald's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I can't believe that we're almost to the point where my favorite character in all of Umineko is unveiled, and that that character is JOHN CENA

• Locked thread