Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Has Amazon's algorithm ever spit out something for you that like, really didn't make sense? I once bought a copy of "Beginner's Greek" for my Mom's birthday and then amazon started recommending butt plugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
greeks love anal, so that sounds like a pretty sensible recommendation.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Friginator posted:

Has Amazon's algorithm ever spit out something for you that like, really didn't make sense? I once bought a copy of "Beginner's Greek" for my Mom's birthday and then amazon started recommending butt plugs.

It's based on your browsing history hope that helped you in some way

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Twitter keeps recommending me Latino Papa Johns and I don't speak Spanish and the closest Papa John's is over 100 miles away.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
GBS has completely hosed my amazon recommendations, I have gallons of lube, dildos, weapons, and chinese knockoffs flooding my account

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
weirdest thing by far was a swirling mass of chaos and madness at the center of the universe haha

amazon makes me lol, like I have 432 jade stars to spend

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

dookifex_maximus posted:

weirdest thing by far was a swirling mass of chaos and madness at the center of the universe haha

amazon makes me lol, like I have 432 jade stars to spend

yeah but they only have 1 tit to help them fire a bow

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I think it's weird when I do something like buy a hand vacuum and then it recommends a bunch of other hand vacuums like that's just what I buy now. Got that one covered already Amazon, lol!!:iamafag:

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ork of Fiction posted:

I think it's weird when I do something like buy a hand vacuum and then it recommends a bunch of other hand vacuums like that's just what I buy now. Got that one covered already Amazon, lol!!:iamafag:

DarkLord has excellent and good timing we're gonna bring him with us.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
well it's on every piece of social media, so I hope it's close enough to be relevant without pissing anybody off, but this is the best/worst ad I've ever gotten

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
There's that Goon who does the worst things on Amazon blog or something like that. It's a good read, but you get suggestions like ultimate rear end spray and 55 gallon drums of anal lube for awhile after you check it out.

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe
consensual wishlist buying

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Friginator posted:

Greek is hookerspeak for "I'll let you put it in my pooter" Not even lying and not even telling you how I found out.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

personable decorum posted:

DarkLord has excellent and good timing we're gonna bring him with us.

Good call.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

hope so be on the look out for dark lords tho

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
one time after i bought many many items, that only a gay man would buy, and many foods that only a obese would buy, it said next up: a something awful forums account

that day was over a decade ago and im now proud of those two things i am, and that im goon

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
so about that lain wave anime y cant u buy that on amazon?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

a bone to pick posted:

GBS has completely hosed my amazon recommendations, I have gallons of lube, dildos, weapons, and chinese knockoffs flooding my account

:same: and it seems to be creeping into my youtube reccomendations too. Today I got rec'd some "peepee" video after reading a thread where somone posted "peepee", and that really gay he-man "whats goin on" video.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I just get youtube videos like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjthFQDDJ9U

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

this one time it suggested i buy a book! like lol what nerd reads

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Friginator posted:

Amazon figured out you were buying a gift for your mom.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

a bone to pick posted:

Nathilus posted:

:same: and it seems to be creeping into my youtube reccomendations too. Today I got rec'd some "peepee" video after reading a thread where somone posted "peepee", and that really gay he-man "whats goin on" video.

You can reset all your tacking data and recommendations in Amazon settings. And google settings.

I mean, if you don't want the sex toys, weapons and pee vids. ;)

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Pawn 17 posted:

You can reset all your tacking data and recommendations in Amazon settings. And google settings.

I mean, if you don't want the sex toys, weapons and pee vids. ;)

I never actually click on recommendations anyway so it's just amusing.

Ok I lied I clicked the he man meme vid.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Some weird drug paraphernalia. Turns out it was because I ordered butane for my soldering iron, and apparently pipe aficionados insist on that brand because they're autistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

John Denver Hoxha posted:

well it's on every piece of social media, so I hope it's close enough to be relevant without pissing anybody off, but this is the best/worst ad I've ever gotten

This feels like an insult by the targeted ad bot.

• Locked thread