Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXlZfc1TrD0

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/533d5c/hello_my_name_is_ninja_from_the_south_african_rap/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
nice reddit you fuckign troglodyte time to offer sheep goats to the volcano gods prank you knwo what im sayin

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
not opening that link or reading that wall of text, jabroni. nice try though.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2010/oct/03/interview-marina-abramovic-performance-artist

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Kuato posted:

not opening that link or reading that wall of text, jabroni. nice try though.

i built my shed with walls of texts, look at this fine word door on the front right here on the side is the script for bee movie

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Can people stop ironically liking these south african clowns

no one would give a poo poo about them if they didn't have weird videos. That dude is a horrific rapper

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hey Kuato, Putty, let's go tip over a newspaper vending machine

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

no one would give a poo poo about them if they didn't have weird videos. That dude is a horrific rapper

I have some code for you to debug

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
whatttt

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Sheep-Goats posted:

Hey Kuato, Putty, let's go tip over a newspaper vending machine

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Zzulu posted:

wrong again pally

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
these guys are extremely neat and their music is fun and nice

The dude is funny and good at his raps

And the girl?

fucken WOULD

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Gatekeeper posted:

these guys are extremely neat and their music is fun and nice

The dude is funny and good at his raps

And the girl?

fucken WOULD

I kinda agree that the guy is not the best rapper who has ever lived but I don't care about that very much and they're not really a rap outfit anyway

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Die Antwoord is an illustration of commitment and good luck

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Bloody racket.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Ninja is not the Jeff bridges of rappers but he's also not the John Travolta of rappers or the Jim belushi of rappers, he's more the Matthew broderick of rappers or the Jeff daniels of rappers or maybe the kevin Corrigan of rappers

He's good

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Die Antwoord is ICP if ICP had talent and an interesting perspective.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Why are the people from Chappie in a music video?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
die antwoord is libertarians :/

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

The new song sucks compared to their old stuff

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

which to be fair wanst that great in the first place

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I was feeling really negative about the video, like it was just stupid and trashy, then things turned around. I like it. :)

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

I wish I was a tiny lil foot long gatekeeper and miss yolandi juss squirted me down with water based lubericant and SHLOOOOMP up i go! to live forever in her moist lil hideyhole

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

haha go gently caress yoursel fmarina

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

nomadologique posted:

haha go gently caress yoursel fmarina

Imagine how disappointed you'd be if your kid came to you and laid out their life dreams.

"Dad I have some difficult news, I don't think I want to go to college."

"Well alright, did you want to be a mechanic, or a carpenter? Those are great professions!"

"No it's more on the artistic side..."

"Well it's hard to make a living as a painter or actor or musician, but if that's what you want to do your mom and I will support you."

"I want to be a performance artist."

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

Tumble posted:

Imagine how disappointed you'd be if your kid came to you and laid out their life dreams.

"Dad I have some difficult news, I don't think I want to go to college."

"Well alright, did you want to be a mechanic, or a carpenter? Those are great professions!"

"No it's more on the artistic side..."

"Well it's hard to make a living as a painter or actor or musician, but if that's what you want to do your mom and I will support you."

"I want to be a performance artist."

there is good performance art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHmTR1VmBSo

-edit lol

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The only real artists in 2016 are indie video game developers.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the albino baby voice lady said racism wasn't cool or around anymore. gj solving that south africa

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Zzulu posted:

Can you please inform me of your other, I trust equally wrong opinions, so that I may discover some new talent.

Die Antwoord are actually kinda brilliant.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I like Die Antwoord. Their music videos are fun and smart; their personas are wonderfully self aware.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Die Antwoord is fun and different enough o be listenable especially these days with the absolute trash that passes for music. Here's an example of a boring, bad couple band who can make fun songs lovely https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0wFDmiJsE

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Tarkus posted:

Die Antwoord is fun and different enough o be listenable especially these days with the absolute trash that passes for music. Here's an example of a boring, bad couple band who can make fun songs lovely https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0wFDmiJsE

i'm already angry enough at the preview screenshot to not click that

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Tarkus posted:

ugh her voice is like a flute made of disappointment

prison is fun
Sep 17, 2016

by Smythe

Zzulu posted:

Bump. Do more cat throws, Ardor remember.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Zzulu posted:

That dude is a horrific rapper

Ahaha. Rap starts at NWA, and stops at Die Antworrd. Nothing else counts.

Except maybe Fab 5 Freddy, if you're feeling sassy.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

So are these guys this generation's requisite spooky band?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

They are a commentary on pop music.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
It's nonsense for people to pretend to "get" so that they can look down on people who are being honest with themselves and realize that it's nonsense and there's nothing to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
idc, that squeeky lil nazi girl gives me one helluva boner.

• Locked thread