Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
You juat look in the mirror and say youre fired

Then complain to HR which is also you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

you should try having unhealthy relatives with money and play the waiting game, works for me

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Well, I'll let you in on a little secret. Ever since I was little, I got bad pains in my belly button. My dear mother always told me it was because of how they cut the umbilical cord. She made a homemade remedy that quickly soothed my pains. She would melt gouda cheese in a shoe in the fireplace and then slowly pour the melted gouda cheese into my belly button. She would then rub my belly, making sure the melted gouda cheese was safely in my belly button. She always sang a song to me that went a little something like this: "Oh my baby, here's some cheesy, that's been melted in a shoe, now I'm a pouring it into your belly button, so that it smells really nice for all the girls that come by." But, unfortunately, the melted gouda cheese only made my belly button smelly. That's why, to this day, I am a plague to everyone around me. No one wants to be within my vicinity, for fear that I may contaminate them with my smelly belly button.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'll eat your belly cheese, sweetheart :unsmith:

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Jesus Christ posted:

Well, I'll let you in on a little secret. Ever since I was little, I got bad pains in my belly button. My dear mother always told me it was because of how they cut the umbilical cord. She made a homemade remedy that quickly soothed my pains. She would melt gouda cheese in a shoe in the fireplace and then slowly pour the melted gouda cheese into my belly button. She would then rub my belly, making sure the melted gouda cheese was safely in my belly button. She always sang a song to me that went a little something like this: "Oh my baby, here's some cheesy, that's been melted in a shoe, now I'm a pouring it into your belly button, so that it smells really nice for all the girls that come by." But, unfortunately, the melted gouda cheese only made my belly button smelly. That's why, to this day, I am a plague to everyone around me. No one wants to be within my vicinity, for fear that I may contaminate them with my smelly belly button.

dumb as gently caress

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

That Robot posted:

dumb as gently caress

agreed, unfunny reddit-tier poo poo

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lots of words when "i suck" would have sufficed imho

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mein Eyes! posted:

Through some unfortunate but not altogether negative circumstances I find myself without a job. On the plus side, no matter how much job search and applying I do, I have more downtime than ever. On the down side, however, I have very little disposable money with which to enjoy that downtime. Worse, I have a guilty conscience about spending my extra free time in clearly in wasteful things, like video games, tv or solo daytime drinking sessions. I'm willing to put up with a guilty conscience of course and i have a good buzz going but even still I have too much time on my hands and I don't want to waste it completely.

Some things I've found so far:

1. Pirating software and then pirating tutorials on how to use that software
2. Watching tutorial videos on Lynda
3. Posting on the 'forums
4. Learning to tie knots
5. Duolingo, but gently caress if language learning fatigue isn't insanely fast

dear goons, what else should I do for free?

masturbate

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

a bone to pick posted:

I'll eat your belly cheese, sweetheart :unsmith:

Omfg. :barf:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2TAmGmsw-o

prison is fun
Sep 17, 2016

by Smythe

sell me ur sister

prison is fun
Sep 17, 2016

by Smythe
the deal has been on the table for over a decade now LOL going on 14+ years. IM NOT SAYING OLD ENOUGH TO BREED. BUT IM SAYING SHES A GROWN WOMEN LIBRARIAN NOW AND I WILL BUY HER FROM U ON A GOOD PRICE I GIVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIkXmee190g

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

prison is fun posted:

the deal has been on the table for over a decade now LOL going on 14+ years. IM NOT SAYING OLD ENOUGH TO BREED. BUT IM SAYING SHES A GROWN WOMEN LIBRARIAN NOW AND I WILL BUY HER FROM U ON A GOOD PRICE I GIVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIkXmee190g

not sure you are old enough to post

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

whats ur favorite knot so far op?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Macasaurus posted:

a noose

vargas
Sep 18, 2016

by zen death robot
little mouses r different from deadmouses

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
op should get a job imo

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

jackyl posted:

op should get a job imo

good advice, thumbs up

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

get swole
join the military
learn french cooking (eyeballs and hooves and poo poo)
read a book about your career field
volunteer
learn a song on guitar, then learn another (get a cheap-rear end guitar from Goodwill and put new strings on it; or borrow one)
mow lawns or do yardwork
drive for Uber/Lyft
watch/listen to the last few games of Vin Scully's career
draft a manifesto

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
Weekends SUCK during unemployed times, because recruiters and firms are busy getting drunk and you're busy white-knucking it till monday when you can loving start applying for jobs and getting responses back again.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
If i lost my job id be a camtwink

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
unemployment is the loving worst and I actually hope you get a job soon op

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

YOUR FRIENDS HAVE JOBS NOW

YOU SHOULD GET ONE

$299.95 - GET A RESUME TEMPLATE TODAY

PUTTING GOONS BACK TO WORK

YOU'RE WELCOME AMERICA

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Why are you so obsessed with "getting a job"? Stop shaving your face, enjoy yourself, play games/watch movies/read books all night, wake up at 3 pm, immediately get drunk and throw up in the parking lot

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

Macasaurus posted:

prusik loops are amazing but i like a good bowline

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol at goons acting like unemployment is some grand liberating adventure

there is nothing liberating about being broke as gently caress

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

thathonkey posted:

agreed, most grand liberating adventures require a little thing called 'money', which is where being broke as gently caress can throw up a bit of a roadblock.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Lynda looks like a neat program. Do you think if Webern to a training seminar we'd get to meet her??

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

Squalitude posted:

Lynda looks like a neat program. Do you think if Webern to a training seminar we'd get to meet her??

she and her husband sold the company to linked in for 1.5 billion usd

and here i am applying to be an editorial assistant

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Mein Eyes! posted:

she and her husband sold the company to linked in for 1.5 billion usd

and here i am applying to be an editorial assistant

btw good luck with your job search, unemployment sucks balls in a society that almost unavoidably revolves around it.

uh free stuff, i guess look for volunteering opportunities that you can do from home even if it's just columnist/blog writing stuff, download guides to help improve career employability, learn how to code/cook, for breaks play video games you already have?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
how is that different from chopping up the hotdogs and stirring them into the pasta after it's cooked

gross meal either way but might as well not spend a retarded amount of time preparing it

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
My meme was turned into sexuality by the three amigos.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

thathonkey posted:

how is that different from chopping up the hotdogs and stirring them into the pasta after it's cooked

gross meal either way but might as well not spend a retarded amount of time preparing it

i get it some people don't wanna be in for a really good time

the ol pump-n-bump
Jul 27, 2004

by Smythe
youre not unemployed, youre out of the job market, and thats why your showing up on offical us jobrate statistics

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i haven't worked since april

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

thathonkey posted:

How about working 8 hours a day and still being broke?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I was unemployed for a while, but now I'm not. I spent a lot of time grilling and drinking very cheap beer. And trying to find work. Good luck op.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Op sell me your car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

fuckin grim

OP, learn how to make music, code, photoshop, whatever. its fun and passes the time, you'll learn osmething valuable. cooking is also good if you can afford fresh produce

im unemployed since 3 weeks back but i have an interview tomorrow :)

routines are good, imho.

• Locked thread