Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

tadashi posted:

Can UK go ahead and forfeit the Louisville game now? I just can't bear the thought of it...

That poor Kentucky team. And at the end of the season too. You'd think they had suffered enough by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2016/09/18/sonny-dykes-california-dropping-ball-vic-enwere-joe-mixon-ray-ray-mccloud/90648182/

Sonny Dykes has instituted a new rule at Cal: after a touchdown, players must hand the ball directly to an official, rather than dropping it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

That was some good poo poo VT, a rare shutout even if it came against inept BC. The fact that we hung 49 on a defense that wasn't really giving up much coming in and didn't give up poo poo all last year was umm exciting and new.

If they play every game like that we will have a chance to win a lot of games. It still feels like we lose another 2 or 3 min tho. Still too scared to totally buy in after 1 complete game effort.

Also surprise when you play your best 5 on o line good things happen. Teller and Gallo started at LG/C and the team finally had decent pass pro and a much nastier demeanor in the run game especially late when BC got worn out.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
TFF COLLEGE PICK 'EM WEEK FOUR PICKS ARE UP!

This week is better than week 2, but not as good as weeks 1 or 3. Thanks for playing!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Spacebump posted:

Houston would crush them.

It'd be closer than you'd think. UH for sure out-talents them but NDSU prepares and executes at least as well. Doesn't hurt that they get tons of talent up North that gets overlooked as teams obsess with recruiting the South and California.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I wpukd hammer that Florida Tennessee line. -7.5 seems huge to me. I am not automatically expecting a Florida win, but that still seems like a huge line.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Playoff Projection:
Week 1: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Stanford
Week 2: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Stanford

Finally some shakeups

Week 3: Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville, Stanford

Louisville has to play Clemson and Houston so even if they stumble somewhere as long as they win those two I think they're in. Bama looked human last weekend but they were still Bama and pulled it out. Ohio State pretty much just has Michigan between them and the playoffs. Stanford is just the default Pac-12 team since I think the Big XII is out with both Texas and Oklahoma losing this weekend. I don't list Houston because I think Louisville is going to beat them.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

swickles posted:

I wpukd hammer that Florida Tennessee line. -7.5 seems huge to me. I am not automatically expecting a Florida win, but that still seems like a huge line.

Florida gonna cover at least if they don't outright win. This will not be a blowout or even a more than 3 pt victory imo unless the Gators pull a VT and just fumble the ball all over Neyland's turf. Still somehow think the Vols find a way to lose anyway.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I do not pick against Tennessee but I don't expect to be right this time.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sparty is going to 100% murder a Wisconsin team that barely escaped Georgia loving State.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Pakled posted:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2016/09/18/sonny-dykes-california-dropping-ball-vic-enwere-joe-mixon-ray-ray-mccloud/90648182/

Sonny Dykes has instituted a new rule at Cal: after a touchdown, players must hand the ball directly to an official, rather than dropping it.

This really is the strangest trend in college football right now. What's even dumber though is how refs are always blowing the play dead. At this point it's so prevalent that they should be watching for intentional fumbles every time. I think the only time they got it right was in that Oregon-Utah game a couple years ago.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Ole Miss is a touchdown favorite despite being 9 ranks lower.

The AP Poll, everybody.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh good we're goign to get 100% murdered by memphis on national TV now

ESPNNews, but still :sigh:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

Sparty is going to 100% murder a Wisconsin team that barely escaped Georgia loving State.

Eh, I mean two weeks ago MSU was struggling to put away Furman. I don't think Wisconsin will win but they have a really good defense, it'll be hard to blow them out.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Strobe posted:

The AP Poll, everybody.

If polls ranked by skill level rather than quality of their record, we would have the same teams in the playoffs every year. No 1-2 team should be in the top-11 right now.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Strobe posted:

The AP Poll, everybody.

UGA has an O-Line made of Play-doh, a true freshman quarterback, WRs that have suddenly come done with a case of the drops, a kicker that can't kick, and a really suspect secondary. Even with my most homerific viewpoint, in no way should UGA be favored against Ole Miss and I will consider it a god-damned miracle if UGA somehow wins. At this point I am just hoping for competitive.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

wa27 posted:

If polls ranked by skill level rather than quality of their record, we would have the same teams in the playoffs every year. No 1-2 team should be in the top-11 right now.

My joke was more about how overranked Georgia must be than how underranked Ole Miss is, for much the same reasons you just mentioned.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DJExile posted:

Didn't see the Georgia State game, but I totally look at that as Wisconsin looking past them for MSU. I still think it's a close game. But then again, I have zero read on Sparty this year.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh poo poo I had it in my head they smoked Furman. Never mind me then

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee will lose again and I will be very sad

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Louisville is going to win the Natty against OSU and Urban will get to eat his sadness pizza with the real Papa John, who will be blackout drunk at that point

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Emron posted:

Louisville is going to win the Natty against OSU and Urban will get to eat his sadness pizza with the real Papa John, who will be blackout drunk at that point

I will accept this if Louisville lays down such a thorough beating on Alabama that Nick Saban detonates like that African priest in the first episode of Preacher.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
TCU's Kevonte Turpin likely out for year with a PCL tear.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

Eh, I mean two weeks ago MSU was struggling to put away Furman. I don't think Wisconsin will win but they have a really good defense, it'll be hard to blow them out.

Also we never blow anybody out. We tried against ND but it didn't feel right so we played prevent for over a quarter.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Georgia State is also probably better than Notre Dame

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

I want to believe that they've not run Dobbs as much to avoid him getting hurt and they'll allow him to turn it on the next four games.

The kid just isn't that great of a passer and his strength is when he can take off running.

He's a better runner because he's so aerodynamic.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Gonna repost this poll poo poo

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 19, 2016

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Sounds like Bedord (DC) at Texas could be in trouble based on Strong's morning conference. Did not deny that coaching changes could happen before OSU and said they had 2 weeks to evalulate, didn't deny he could take over play calling on defense, Bedford not speaking at all, and Strong said others on the staff are capable of taking over defense. The defense was garbage against Cal but I didn't actually expect such a quick reaction.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

G-Hawk posted:

Sounds like Bedord (DC) at Texas could be in trouble based on Strong's morning conference. Did not deny that coaching changes could happen before OSU and said they had 2 weeks to evalulate, didn't deny he could take over play calling on defense, Bedford not speaking at all, and Strong said others on the staff are capable of taking over defense. The defense was garbage against Cal but I didn't actually expect such a quick reaction.

The defense was also garbage against Notre Dame. People were just blinded because journalists wanted to push the narrative "Texas is back" instead of "Notre Dame and Texas didn't play defense"

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 19, 2016

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

G-Hawk posted:

Greg Robinson sitting patiently by a phone in San Jose.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Korranus posted:

The moon poll is down with the Army and so should you:

pre:
Team			Record	Score		Strength of Schedule		Conferences by SOS	Conferences by Score	
1. Florida		3-0	2.3167		1. Rice				1. Sun Belt		1. ACC			0.7219
2. Louisville		3-0	2.1896		2. Texas State			2. SEC			2. Big 10		0.6811
3. Ohio State		3-0	2.0739		3. USC				3. Conference USA	3. American		0.6080
4. Army			3-0	2.0529		4. Kentucky			4. Big 12		4. Pac 12		0.5620
5. Michigan		3-0	1.8408		5. Georgia State		5. Pac 12		5. SEC			0.5549
6. Alabama		3-0	1.7798		6. Western Kentucky		6. American		6. Mountain West	0.5483
7. Baylor		3-0	1.7622		7. UTEP				7. Big 10		7. Conference USA	0.4115
8. Wisconsin		3-0	1.5835		8. Army				8. Mountain West	8. Big 12		0.3365
9. Houston		3-0	1.5811		9. Ohio U			9. ACC			9. Sun Belt		0.3342
10. Clemson		3-0	1.5485		10. Massachusetts		10. MAC			10. MAC			0.3069
11. Miami (FL)		3-0	1.5257		11. Louisville					
12. Georgia Southern	3-0	1.5072		12. Northern Illinois					
13. Nebraska		3-0	1.5000		13. Florida International	Median	0.4420	Cincinnati	
14. Texas A&M		3-0	1.4314		14. Appalachian State		Average	0.5227	SMU	
15. Toledo		3-0	1.4169		15. Texas					
16. South Florida	3-0	1.4152		16. Wyoming					
17. Utah		3-0	1.3683		17. Vanderbilt					
18. Washington		3-0	1.3612		18. Oklahoma					
19. Arkansas		3-0	1.3012		19. Arkansas State					
20. Stanford		2-0	1.2872		20. Alabama					
21. Georgia Tech	3-0	1.2590		21. Notre Dame					
22. Maryland		3-0	1.2542		22. Arkansas					
23. Indiana		2-0	1.2519		23. South Alabama					
24. Colorado		2-1	1.2057		24. Stanford					
25. Boise State		2-0	1.1994		25. Troy					

118. Northern Illinois	0-3	-0.3371		123. Nevada					
119. Georgia State	0-3	-0.3486		124. New Mexico					
120. Hawaii		1-3	-0.3676		125. Western Michigan					
121. Florida Intl	0-3	-0.3709		126. Arizona State					
122. Arkansas State	0-3	-0.4087		127. Washington					
123. Miami (OH)		0-3	-0.4124							
124. Bowling Green	1-2	-0.4272							
125. Rice		0-3	-0.4400							
126. Buffalo		0-2	-0.5232							
127. Iowa State		0-3	-0.7693							

Worst 1 win team

Checks out

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Michigan State has blown out their cupcake opener like once since Mark Dantonio took over. I'm not worried about a less than stellar outing against Furman, especially since last year they beat Western by like 13 points and then proceeded make the playoffs.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Cameron Sutton out indefinitely with a fractured ankle. Fuuuuuck.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
does anyone have a gif or image of that play by bama in the second half where they had three linemen ten yards down field getting in the way of their rb

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Michigan State has blown out their cupcake opener like once since Mark Dantonio took over. I'm not worried about a less than stellar outing against Furman, especially since last year they beat Western by like 13 points and then proceeded make the playoffs.

I don't think it is a sign that they're bad or something, just pointing out that teams can sometimes take that game lightly and come out flat (*ahem*). I mostly think it won't be a beating because I think Wisconsin is hard to put a lot of points up on in general. MSU will still win because Wisconsin also cannot move the ball for poo poo, but unless there are some defensive or special teams scores it'll probably be one of those ugly big ten punt fests that legally should not be allowed to kick off later than noon ET.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA / Tennessee got slotted in for the 3:30 PM game on CBS.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

does anyone have a gif or image of that play by bama in the second half where they had three linemen ten yards down field getting in the way of their rb

I don't have it but I can picture the play. They literally prevented a TD. There was nothing between him and the end zone apart from those guys!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahaha I need to see that

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Emron posted:

I don't have it but I can picture the play. They literally prevented a TD. There was nothing between him and the end zone apart from those guys!

yea it was really funny because the rb got run down from behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the chief v2
Apr 15, 2010

nate fisher posted:

I was picking Tennessee to beat UF at the start of the season. Now with seeing what garbage Tennessee's OL is (the one thing they was suppose to be able to do is run the ball), how bad Dobbs is (3rd best best passer on the team) when he is not running wild, and all the key injuries on D, I have a strong feeling the curse continues.

I am going on a long hike in the GSMNP Saturday, and will miss the UF game. I am doing this on purpose, because I can no longer handle the UF curse. I hope when I finally get cell reception again (should be late 3rd Q) that I see some good news. I am broken.

Lol dude come on it's just a game that you have no control over anyway.

• Locked thread