Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
comcast?

more like anus abortion :smug:

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

social vegan posted:

cool welcome 2 the internet bud i gues there's a lot we gotta talk about!!

internet "gifs" mostly. whats happenin bro?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Yossarian posted:

Just loving kill them

no. slit their throats. take them out to the pit but i repeat myself. what im sauing is make them baked camembert. go jew on them wrtt boneboxes

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

just ray posted:

internet "gifs" mostly. whats happenin bro?

im surfin the internet can someone post cool titties rn my allotted time is up in 5

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Weird. Despite all the poo poo people say about Comcast I haven't had a single issue (outside of rare and random outages) in the 3 years I've been with them.

I got the modem from them in the mail and plugged it into the wall and called the number they gave me and some Indian gentleman took over from there and 5 minutes later I had internet.

Haven't had to do poo poo since.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
that was nice of you setting up your parents internet like that

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I used to have Comcast when it was available, it worked fine for me OP. I hope this helps (IHTH)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Comcast is the only provider in my area besides Frontier, which is just as bad :(

My internet disconnects and I have to unplug/reset the modem if I do literally anything while downloading something or uploading a youtube video, and sometimes it does it while downloading in general. i want to die

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
they gave me the same poo poo, but they told me i can use my end-of-life modem though if i ever have a service call they'll tell me to replace my modem before they even lift a loving finger. modem's been fine for years

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I have Comcast and own my own modem, and just have Internet service from them. Maybe you just had really bad luck with the phone support lottery.

And yes, they are pretty much the only option here, too.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
i called these sons of bitches when I moved into my place because the surfboard modem I got didn't activate

got handed off a shitload of times to people who referred to every noun as "this one" or "that one"

most clueless motherfuckers ive ever had to deal with

i ended up having to go to the local office and they fixed it quick as poo poo

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

comcast is poo poo

well anyway op i have fios now so i got no probs, sux 2 be u

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

That Robot posted:

i called these sons of bitches when I moved into my place because the surfboard modem I got didn't activate

got handed off a shitload of times to people who referred to every noun as "this one" or "that one"

most clueless motherfuckers ive ever had to deal with

i ended up having to go to the local office and they fixed it quick as poo poo

Biggest issue I've had with them is when I moved rather than change the address on my account they just made an entirely new account with the new address. It's not like I was using my Comcast email address anyway, but it was still a mild irritation.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i had @home way way back in the day and then comcast bought them and the same drat day it went from a couple megs a second downloads to like 250 KBps and didn't go back up for years

this is when i realized corporations are poo poo op.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Hey OP I moved recently and bought my own modem to bring to Comcast and also didn't have to buy a tv or phone package. Activated just the internet service just fine, looks like you got hosed, hth.

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
more like "buttfast" if you ask me lol
or "shitfuckcast"
just bad names whereve yiy cab see youmonitor ison

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
has anyone said cumcrap yet?

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

a bone to pick posted:

has anyone said cumcrap yet?

more like shitbiner kik

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
"indy 500?? HA!, more like "Indiana jones in a tight pair of 501 jeans

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
My comcast horror story, told in eloquent broad strokes

I was paying $100 for a 75Mb down / 10Mb up but I was only getting less than 25mb down, so I thought well this is unfortunate but whatever, until one day I logged into the router to see they had my line throttled to 25mb, meaning it didn't matter what my neighbors were doing or any of the other poo poo that can lower your speeds, I was never, ever going to get higher than 25mb.

So I call customer support and tell them the problem and every single agent kept telling me "Sir we don't guarantee speeds, it says up to 75 so you can get lower" and I was practically yelling at them at that point "I understand what you're saying, you're not understanding what I'm saying, my speed will never go past 25 no matter what because you have it designated as 25". After a half dozen agents kept telling me the same poo poo over two weeks one of them finally thought "hey maybe we should test this guy's line and see what's going on" and voila, there was something wrong with the outdoor line and after it was fixed I now get 81mb down, so Internet Jesus clearly shined his light down upon me and gave me the 6mb extra as a personal gently caress you to comcast.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

This will help you out OP. It's for TV but it's pretty accurate for Internet too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0sAVtOt2wA

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I have time warner, the one time I had to call to set up the modem, I talked to some black lady who put me on a better internet plan for only slightly more than I was paying already and was super nice and helpful. Totes gave her that recommendation they ask if you want to give

Lol if you have to talk to a call service in India

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
south park :thumbsup: great

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

This will help you out OP. It's for TV but it's pretty accurate for Internet too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0sAVtOt2wA
i have sensitive nipples watching this made me very uncomfortable

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
here op heres another great clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAuBY3j0TFc

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
If you don't have time to micro manage the provisioning of your internet connection then you don't have time to get an internet connection.

There is really no way around it. I suggest working in the ISP industry for a couple of years so you can do it with maximum efficiency. Once you've got the experience and lingo down it doesn't take too much work.

I think there may be potential for a service dedicated to getting people's net fixed/navigating the bullshit process.

OP, would you pay $250 to have this issue fixed?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
my helpful tip for dealing with tech support:

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Normally you don't lay down a sick burn by burning your own home down but not like I know what ITT teaches you nowadays

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
My town said "gently caress off comcast" and now I have 100 up 100 down. Is nice.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

I used to steal internet by making modem noises into the phone, but I only use my powers for good now

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

you can activate your connection online there's zero need to speak to a person
even with your own modem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die