Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will There Be a Perfect Team This Season?
Yes, Both 19-0 and 0-16
Yes, but only 19-0
Yes, but only 0-16
lol no
View Results

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

adaz posted:

The weird thing is the browns actually have a decent run game. I mean, unlike that horrid Lions team they aren't 32nd in the league in nearly every category - they actually have hte #1 rushing offense in the NFL. I think it's likely they pull 2-3 wins and avoid going 0-16 but it's the Browns. They could certainly poo poo themselves every single game

A run game is nice when they don't put the ball on the ground and fail to cover it up on 2 subsequent drives. Which causes bad field position and a rookie QB throwing from his own goal line trying to force a pass late in the game to save it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Cavauro posted:

the buckwild Browns are ready to win all kind of games and prizes.

Your team was the last one that we beat to break an 11 game losing streak. Even after Shurmers play list got blown over to the Bengals sideline.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

v2vian man posted:

the browns' maybe-adequate rookie QB clody keser was taken off with a concussion today so they are going with tiny dual-"threat" udfa kevan hogen for the foreseeable future

I want to see how many QBs we can go through this year. I think McCown will be back next week so I do not see Hogan going on the Hydra though :(

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How long would the list on the jersey be if it wasn't retired because of the Cavs winning?

However long it was last year plus 2.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

axeil posted:

Just wanted to point out that at least I got two things right back in week 2 :smug:

I mean...do you really think the problem with that team is the QB play? Certainly being down to their 4th? 5th? string guy isn't helping matters much but that whole team just seems bad in a way that only truly historic teams are.

Browns should cap this all off with a 0-16 run.

No the historically putrid would be the 1999 Browns, this team is bad but they will get a win at some point and this will be just another bad season in a long string of forgettable bad seasons. It has building blocks that are showing flashes in games, a quarter of the team are rookies. And our depth has been ravaged by injuries.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Jymmybob posted:

Just imagine what it'd be like if Gordon and Coleman were starting. Any quarterback would have a chance when you have Pryor, Coleman, Gordon, and Hawkins on the field at the same time.

Not if he can't get the ball more than 15yds down field. That is my main complaint about Kessler. Safeties are playing in close because we have no deep ball to speak of.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

Who's he supposed to throw deep to? Triple covered TP?

Barnidge?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

sean10mm posted:

The Browns have played 7 games, and 6 players have taken snaps at QB for them, and 4 are out hurt.

:stare:

Yup, great idea to let 2 great lineman walk.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Bengals lost Gio and AJ for the year so there is still some hope.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

And a kick off out of bounds.....

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Febreeze posted:

Say AJ Green and Gio Bernard?

Do the Bengals have an Elite TE that our LBs/safeties can't cover? Yes, yes they do. Do they have a downhill running back that that our LB's and secondary will bounce off of in the second level? Yes, Yes they do. Do they have a D Line that pummell Hogan/McCown/Griffin??/Kessler/that other dude into a fine pulp? Yes, yes they do.

Cincy will do their part.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

C-Euro posted:

I still want to know what a 2008 Lions vs. 2016 Browns game would be like, or even just a roster comparison. I think Megatron alone would carry the Lions past the Browns anyway but I don't know much about their roster this year.

I think someone did that Sim that SA2K does and the 2016 Browns murdered the 2008 Lions nearly every game.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

:stare:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

The Bills game is the last winnable game for the browns. If the Bills lose today and Rex gets fired as reports indicate, this team is going to quit hard.

No, the chargers coming to Cleveland sans Bosa/Gordon would be.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

fsif posted:

So, based on takes from the fans of the Browns' remaining opponents, Cleveland's finishing 3-13.

Which us better than last year, Improvement!

Bench RG3, he's really really bad.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

Yeah I can't fathom how you look at rg3s game yesterday and immediately call him the starter next week. Kesslers brains must be more scrambled than they're letting on.

2015 JFF is better than 2016 RG3 I saw plenty of plays where he was flushed from the pocket and there were guys open 5-10yds downfield so he launches it 50-60 yds downfield into double triple coverage. All of his passes were way off target too and he started getting in Coleman and Pryor's faces who the hell knows what.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

v2vian man posted:

I didn't watch any of the game yesterday, but if RG3 was airing it out too much, I blame Hue. Checking down too much was the reason he benched Kessler so RG3 is trying to compensate for that imo

I'm not talking about check downs or dump offs, he literally never looked at anyone not streaking down the field for the first half.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Greco and Bitonio are on track to miss the beginning of next season. That's both starting guards for those keeping track.

Oh goddammit

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Rg3 has managed to make our offense worse.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

evilweasel posted:

In part. The thinking was that he was, uh, not exactly mr. sunshine and would hurt the team's ability to attract new fans in Baltimore and while he was doing alright he was not doing well enough to attract fans based on his success. If the team didn't move there's a decent chance he'd have gotten another year.

If the team hadn't moved his second year would probably have had more wins too.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

The Browns are going to win this week.

Lol........no, RG3 is starting again.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Hey Redskins fans, did RG3 ever have any short to intermediate accuracy??

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

shiksa posted:

Yeah he was accurate his rookie year cause he'd just throw it at garcon like five ten yards away but his rookie year teams basically had to have a linebacker watching him/the read option handoff on pretty much every play.

I think that was the year garcon broke or almost broke art monks team record for receptions? Almost all of them were that short game.

Well that has gone away completely. It's 50/50 if his pass is even in the same time zone as someone 5-10 yards away.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Because making GBS threads on my Christmas is a very Chargers thing to do.

Also we should have lost to the Browns last year

Yeah that offsides call was horseshit.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Not over yet

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

We done it

1-15 never felt so good

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

The LA <your name here> wish Cleveland a verry Merry Christmas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Don't care, still want to beat the steelers

• Locked thread