Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Just got caught up on Hulu. This show rules!!! Does anyone know if it's going for a half season of a full season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
18 episode season

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
Mertaugh without a revolver just feels wrong somehow. And the new task force guy from the anti-gang squad has a really hosed up nose that looks like it was broken and never healed right.

Other than that, this show is loving great!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Detective Picasso!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

MrJacobs posted:

Mertaugh without a revolver just feels wrong somehow. And the new task force guy from the anti-gang squad has a really hosed up nose that looks like it was broken and never healed right.

Other than that, this show is loving great!

For some reason I love the fact that lady cop hates him for getting a job in robbery/homicide and feels like he didn't earn it despite spending years in the gangs unit

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

sbaldrick posted:

For some reason I love the fact that lady cop hates him for getting a job in robbery/homicide and feels like he didn't earn it despite spending years in the gangs unit

I'm assuming it's to set up some kind of romantic tension for when they eventually become a couple.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I think Det. Cruz is fuckin hilarious. Definitly great addition to the cast.

also

10 Beers posted:

I'm assuming it's to set up some kind of romantic tension for when they eventually become a couple.
It will be a miracle if this doesn't happen.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I'M GETTIN' TOO OLD FOR THIS poo poo

jk, show still rules.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I might actually watch this week's episode live, it's one of the few things airing before the debate at 8.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I'm enjoying the series, it's some light fun

(The jumping gets more ridiculous with each episode. The season finale will probably involve jumping from an airplane to another)

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Why exactly did he shoot the bomb?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Sereri posted:

Why exactly did he shoot the bomb?

Rule of cool.

(To make the bomb explode in the air, but the timer was almost zero so...)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, their plan made no sense.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
I confess I'm not entirely sure why throwing a bomb out a window necessitates throwing yourself out a window too, but I think that's just Riggs' crazy rubbing off on Murtaugh.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Every episode of this show has got to have at least one instance of jumping off a building it seems. Nothing wrong with that.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I've decided this show is great.....

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Agreed. Even the things that are dumb about it seem genre appropriate.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
The only plot hole in the show is the vague, unseen heart attack Murtaugh. had in the delivery room during the birth of his youngest child.

I mean, a Grand Prix chase may have him keel over but jumping off a building with a bomb and having to rely on his crazy partner to shoot the bomb for magical reasons, then survive the fall into the pool looming below ISN'T a stress inducer which may kill him?

But, I digress...

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
A theme so far has been that Murtaugh is feeling more alive and the opposite of too old for this poo poo. His heart rate monitor was stressing him out more than the stress.

Riggs is essentially teaching him to stop being afraid of dying and live.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Snak posted:

A theme so far has been that Murtaugh is feeling more alive and the opposite of too old for this poo poo. His heart rate monitor was stressing him out more than the stress.

Riggs is essentially teaching him to stop being afraid of dying and live.

Yup. I'm sure that the monitor will come back for plot reasons, or maybe the first season finale is him getting it removed or whatever. But I'm fine with it disappearing too.

We need more Scorsese too for the record

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
He already cut a deal with his wife to stop wearing it. He's not allowed to eat ribs anymore.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
no ribs or heart attack? No wonder this fucker is jumping out of windows w/ bombs... I'd be PRAYING the pool was full of ribs.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

gently caress the World Series

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Wait is that why there isn't a new episode? gently caress sports.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Snak posted:

It's why there hasn't been one in two weeks

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Snak posted:

The world series is kind of a big deal I hear

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Wandle Cax posted:

The world series is kind of a big deal I hear
Just not for the rest of the world.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

ZombyDog posted:

Just not for the rest of the world.

Nah, American sports have quite a following in other countries.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
My episode guide thing says there is an episode today. Thanks, episode guide, making it extra disappointing.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I just binged through these in the last week, I am definitely entertained. It's not the best show around but it has good energy, Riggs is played perfectly, and the action is pretty solid. I'll keep watching.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My wife and I binge-watched these first five episodes over the weekend. I'm a huge Shane Black fanboy who loved the original movies (I rank them 1, 2, 4, 3), and she has never seen any of them, but we both love the show. It's stupid and predictable (we're taking turns figuring out all the major plot points before they happen), but so well-done. The stunts are fantastic for television, and Wayans and Crawford are so charismatic and charming, you can't help but love watching them do their thing together. They've really captured the magic of the movies, and I was pretty skeptical about that going in.

Is anyone hoping for some kind of overarching serialized plot to develop soon, in the background of all these cases of the week? They never did find the guy who cut off the pot security company's female CEO's head, so I wonder if we could be headed for interactions with the cartel... or if "Shadow Company" could somehow surface.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can't wait till they get hold of some geezer that sounds kind of guttural. You know, a lovely accent.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Is anyone hoping for some kind of overarching serialized plot to develop soon, in the background of all these cases of the week?

ain't broke, don't fix, etc.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Is anyone hoping for some kind of overarching serialized plot to develop soon, in the background of all these cases of the week?
Hoping either not, or that they keep it way in the background. Show is good as-is, why hope for ruining it Castle-style?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I didn't expect this to be so fun, but it is, and I enjoy it very much so far.

It's kind of what last year's Limitless was for me (after its first episode). Hopefully this will be as good throughout the season, but also secure a renewal.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

AbstractNapper posted:

but also secure a renewal.

If it didn't lose 50% of its audience during the baseball break, it's a lock for renewal. It was the second or third show period to get a full season.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Kids, right?"

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
This episode was pretty good, but man what a coincidence that FOUR women were murdered at the same house, they all managed to escape and get the chance to run away across the front lawn, and they all happened to have bare feet at the time and they all happened to run underneath one of the rare maple trees in front of the house and got the same sap on their feet. Whew that's convenient even for a TV show

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

This show is so stupid and I love it. Also, I like seeing more of the supporting cast but those couple sponsored-by segments made me feel a certain way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

try the new taco place posted:

This show is so stupid and I love it. Also, I like seeing more of the supporting cast but those couple sponsored-by segments made me feel a certain way.

Didn't notice those, what do you mean? If it's the new TV scene, there was no branding whatsoever so I can't imagine that was product placement.

• Locked thread