Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
This show came on tonight! I think it will air Wednesdays at 7pm central on Fox.

Damon Wayans Senior is somehow 56 playing a 50-year old Murtaugh with a newborn baby and a heart monitor that threatens death if he gets too excited during a car chase or shootout or argument with the hard-rear end captain. He gets a blowjob in the first 5 minutes.

Clayne Crawford is Riggs, I've never heard of him, but he was on Rectify which I've always heard good things about and never watched. Anyways, he does fine with some really out of tone dark turns and scenes.

Kevin Rahm is their exasperated captain who will pull them off every case and yell at them, and take their badge and guns and get his rear end chewed out by the mayor. He was great as Chaough in Mad Men, and I already greatly enjoy his character.

Jordana Brewster is a doctor of some sort that might help Riggs get over his tragedy. There's a coroner/forensic scientist of some sort that is nicknamed "Scorsese" because he wrote a script once. Mrs. Murtaugh is also very kind and is some sort of defense attorney or works to exonerate those accused, but they only allude to vaguely unless I missed something.

There are an impressive number of gunfights and action sequences here, and I'm along for the ride if they're able to keep up this pace for a 24 episode season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

I'm calling that Murtaugh's daughter won't be famous in a sexy commercial - this time it will be a vine video that goes viral.

Also, have this, thread-

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Loved tonight's episode. Scorsese was hilarious, also the multiple fake outs in the cold open.

I guess they're just going full throttle and making half an action movie per week. McG directed again, and love or hate him, he has a cinematic flair.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Who was Jason DeRulo?

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Snak posted:

Riggs eating breakfast is my favorite eating I've seen in any show. It rings perfectly true as an alcoholic bachelor breakfast.

This show makes me so hungry. Also weed is cool. And I dug Buffalo Bill Ted Levine showing up!!!!

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

This show got a full season pickup!!!

The episode tonight was a little more lowkey, but I still mostly love the character stuff.

The barbershop scenes are pretty odd to see soon after/compare to Luke Cage.

Also, in further Riggs-Eating-Stuff, he apparently loves the baby food.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Rush Hour sucked and their leads had the charisma of a dead moth

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

I might actually watch this week's episode live, it's one of the few things airing before the debate at 8.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Snak posted:

A theme so far has been that Murtaugh is feeling more alive and the opposite of too old for this poo poo. His heart rate monitor was stressing him out more than the stress.

Riggs is essentially teaching him to stop being afraid of dying and live.

Yup. I'm sure that the monitor will come back for plot reasons, or maybe the first season finale is him getting it removed or whatever. But I'm fine with it disappearing too.

We need more Scorsese too for the record

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

gently caress the World Series

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Snak posted:

Wait is that why there isn't a new episode? gently caress sports.

It's why there hasn't been one in two weeks

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Is anyone hoping for some kind of overarching serialized plot to develop soon, in the background of all these cases of the week?

ain't broke, don't fix, etc.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

AbstractNapper posted:

but also secure a renewal.

If it didn't lose 50% of its audience during the baseball break, it's a lock for renewal. It was the second or third show period to get a full season.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

This show is so stupid and I love it. Also, I like seeing more of the supporting cast but those couple sponsored-by segments made me feel a certain way.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Wandle Cax posted:

Didn't notice those, what do you mean? If it's the new TV scene, there was no branding whatsoever so I can't imagine that was product placement.

How did you not notice the Microsoft Surface logo in the middle frame of every Scorsese scene? And he said "Microsoft Surface" in every sentence he was on camera

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

This was new last night and pretty good. They dropped the "being a father" subplot remarkably fast, I have to give them props.

Also I think Scorsese spoke in a segment not sponsored by a tablet

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Inspector 34 posted:

edit: Also, was that the same actress who plays AJ on Review?

Yeah, and I agree too she was treated needlessly cruel!

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Who could play Leo Getz today?

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Finally a new episode tonight!!!!

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Fall season finale plus it's a CHRISTMAS EPISODE

If you've ever seen a Lethal Weapon movie you know this is gonna be special

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

It's new tonight!!!!!

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Holy poo poo that ending was dark, but I think I'm the only one watching.

Although I liked the Deus Ex Medicine

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Tonight's episode was dope. In the running for my favorite of the series!!!

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

I saw that Thomas Lennon was cast as Leo Getz, which is kind of amazing casting and I'd love to see him series regular if The Odd Couple gets cancelled.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Last night's episode was good. They brought back some cool stuff! I guess there have been 4 movies, but it's awesome that they still get some reference to the movies even now 12 episodes into the season

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope Leo Getz shows up like once or twice a season

He should be deployed like Doug Judy on Brooklyn 99.

Last night's ep was pretty amazing. Really felt like a mini-movie, just missing a couple extra plot beats and subplot or two. The last show I remember doing this really well was Human Target.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

The episode last night was a little lame after the cool frat house chase, but who cares, SEASON 2!!!!

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

That episode was absolutely bonkers. I loved it, but I'm not excited for the finale really. Hopefully the preview was misleading!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

That's a wrap on season 1! The finale got way action movie, and I'm not sure how much mileage they're going to get out of the seeming season 2 direction, but we'll see.

• Locked thread