Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The alt-right is worse because they're younger and will be with us longer. The establishment right is mostly old fuckers who will die out in the near future.

I also theorize that this alt-right thing might just be a big "phase" for a lot of these young men, like how SA was extremely libertarian for a while and then the userbase aged out of it. Maybe when they get jobs and wives and poo poo like that they won't be as concerned about trolling folks online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

How did the alt right thread become a discussion on marriage and children?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

And that much is why I personally prefer the alt-right to the establishment right. The alt-right is accessible and can be called out on their bullshit in ways the establishment right can't be.

How is the alt-right "accessible?" They tend to live in safe space bubbles online, only venturing out to harass others on Twitter.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

fake edit: ...I feel like I should also note that should any alt-right people happen upon this thread (and they will), they are going to find it deliciously ironic that "safe space" is being used as a derogatory to describe them. It's one of the big things they make fun of us for doing.

I'm well aware, which is why I chose the term. They tend to be extremely fragile when challenged and retreat back to their insular communities where they have banned anyone who dares to offer a different opinion. The very definition of a "safe space."

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

equating "internet safe spaces" (aka internet forums where everybody can post anonymously and safely) with literal doom fortresses of the wealthy and powerful

"Everybody can post" is a lie because they'll outright ban people they disagree with.

"Safely" is an even bigger lie, look at how much the alt-right loves to harass and doxx people who dare disagree with them. Look at Milo's campaign of hate directed at Leslie Jones.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

Or maybe it's all about sex. But I doubt it.

It's not "all about" sex, but you can't deny that a large part of their hatred comes from being sexually frustrated, otherwise you wouldn't see so much sexism coming from them.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

call a cartoon frog the greatest threat to democracy since Brezhnev.

No one did this.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Crowsbeak posted:

Maybe putting people down doesn't win them to your side. I know that's hard to learn.

Someone should tell the alt-right that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

What about Japan.

They don't get angry about it, though.

• Locked thread