Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Northwestern is still bad at football, but Duke beat ND so at least I can claim Northwestern is better than ND.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

Spacebump posted:

I guess that means Wake Forest is also better than Notre Dame.

Yeah I'd buy it.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Because both revenue sports at my school have been a death march for five years and a ranking, while pointless, would feel nice after so much suffering. Things are getting better in both sports and it'll be nice to see acknowledgement.

Yeah this. As someone who also supports a team that is usually a bottom dweller having random seasons where they are decent is fun and feels like they deserve to get some recognition. Like sure maybe Wake won't keep this up but that's even more reason for a fan to want to be ranked now. Also, if they were pretty much any other ACC school even having played the same teams they'd be in the top 25. I guess I just don't understand bagging on a team that is having one of its best seasons in a long while even if you think they are frauds. :shrug:

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

CharlestheHammer posted:

You shouldn't reward teams for sucking less than they usually do, win your six and you will get your bowl. No one owes you poo poo.

Then by the same logic you shouldn't reward them for being good 10-30 years ago. It's not a matter of owing anyone anything.

• Locked thread