Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
And lo, Bridgewater's ACL went out for our sins, for the sins of Christian Ponder and Blair Walsh and the Metrodome and Favre's dickpicks. He screamed in agony, the full weight of the injustice bowing down on his joints. Prince died, Bowie died, the guy who voiced Moltar died, all as blood sacrifices to Freya and Thor and Odin that the Vikings might trot out a vaguely rodent-like washout and a defense that could kill entire planets, a Death Star defense. And lo, with such a motley crew, the Vikings are virtually owning the NFL, defeating the 2018 champs Titans, the constant evil milk-chugging overlord Packers, and now the Super Bowl contender Panthers, and their destruction of the rest of the league is all but certain, unless they play the Broncos, in which case their mediocre quarterback/killer defense juju will be counterbalanced, the streams will cross, and the world will end. Mike Zimmer thirsts for more blood. Skol, Vikings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Insha Skolah.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
:agreed:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

lol

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

This week was one of the two loses I had projected for them this season. They proved me wrong.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Vikings fans getting hope is the turning point of any season.
We're going 3-13.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Also the Ravens

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hell Yeah

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Someone help me find the thread where I said the Vikings D would be one of the best in the league and a bunch of fat, whack, Pack bitches laughed.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
YOUNG AND ON THE RISE LEVELS ARE OFF THE CHARTS

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Probably Magic posted:

unless they play the Broncos, in which case their mediocre quarterback/killer defense juju will be counterbalanced, the streams will cross, and the world will end. Mike Zimmer thirsts for more blood. Skol, Vikings.

If the Vikings play the Broncos, Sam Bradford's head will look like his ACLs

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

There's a pattern after every game of "Our (OC/QB/OL) SUCKS!!" This week the commenters thought that the protests might have thrown Cam off his game.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

nm posted:

Vikings fans getting hope is the turning point of any season.
We're going 3-13.

Once a decade we have a 1998 or a 2009 where the hope builds up to a fever pitch only to crush us that much harder when the inevitable Vikingsness comes out. This is just that year for the 2010's

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MrChupon posted:

Once a decade we have a 1998 or a 2009 where the hope builds up to a fever pitch only to crush us that much harder when the inevitable Vikingsness comes out. This is just that year for the 2010's

At least this time there will be a few years of calm and no expectations afterward

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Sam Bradford flashing his Super Bowl ring Jimmy Clausen-style.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

god damnit you guys. god damnit.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
You misspelled the Philadelphia Eagles friend :)

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Probably Magic posted:

Sam Bradford flashing his Super Bowl ring Jimmy Clausen-style.

A second round pick well spent.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I don't want this ride to end, I choose to believe it will just keep going forever.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
There is one who will stop them...

They say he cant miss

The Mayor and overlord of Wentzylvania

C.W

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

no

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

actually, they're not

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

the vikings are due another superbowl loss

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Hahaha no.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Yeah you can't lose the superbowl when you're eliminated in the wildcard round, I call it the bengals corollary

Oberst fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 26, 2016

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Seems legit they play the Lions Packers and Bears twice.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

The Falcons went 6-0 last season

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
:toughguy: All you jabronis saying the Vikings won't go 16-0 better back up your outrageous claims !!!!

WHOOPS fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 26, 2016

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
We have this discussion every season with some poor underdog that goes 4-0 and flips reality over itself

Usually it's the Bills

but we all know what happens in the end

Vikings go 4-0, miss playoffs due to a loss in spectacular fashion to a 2-13 team in the final game bcz of special teams

book it

hmmm: they play the Packers last, so they'll lose to a 2-12 Colts team in Week 15

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

WHOOPS posted:

:toughguy: All you jabronis saying the Vikings won't go 16-0 better back up your outrageous claims !!!!

They have to play the Eagles in week 7.

but I am pleased to see the Bradford trade is working out for both sides.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Madcosby posted:

We have this discussion every season with some poor underdog that goes 4-0 and flips reality over itself

Usually it's the Bills

but we all know what happens in the end

Vikings go 4-0, miss playoffs due to a loss in spectacular fashion to a 2-13 team in the final game bcz of special teams

book it

hmmm: they play the Packers last, so they'll lose to a 2-12 Colts team in Week 15

Half the defense would need to go down with injury and Zimmer would have to swap brains with Mike "I have a list of 53 lovely players!" McCarthy. Skol!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NotWearingPants posted:

They have to play the Eagles in week 7.

but I am pleased to see the Bradford trade is working out for both sides.

I believe you meant to say "The Eagles have to play the Vikings coming off a bye in week 7"

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

IcePhoenix posted:

I believe you meant to say "The Eagles have to play the Vikings coming off a bye in week 7"

That means that Bradford's legs have to hold out through 2 more games.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

With the Bears in prime position for the #1 pick, and the Packers and Lions being exceptionally loathsome, I'll jump on this bandwagon.

Get the gently caress in. Skol Vikings. [audible horn noise]

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

BrownThunder posted:

The Falcons went 6-0 last season

5-0. Saints beat them game six and sent them into a tailspin.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

ulmont posted:

5-0. Saints beat them game six and sent them into a tailspin.

Boy was the eventual fallout from that loss great.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Edit: Wrong thread.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

vikings have a very good defense but their offense is kinda lame and they'll lose to a team with good tackle play.

Panthers are going to struggle against every team with good edge rushers/speed rushers at DE.

Vikings defense is legit though

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i'd just like to say congratulations to the vikings for going 16-0 this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

little munchkin posted:

i'd just like to say congratulations to the vikings for going 16-0 this year

...Only to fall to 18-1 against the 19-0 New England Patriots.

• Locked thread