Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

... quarterbacked by Koy Detmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
if the Vikings go 19-0 (and Bradford plays throughout the playoffs) I will get Sam Bradford's face tattooed on myself

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

:toxx:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Make it a tattoo of Dale (of Chip and Dale, Rescue Rangers) wearing a number 8 Vikings jersey and you have a deal.

There is probably a better picture, but the Deviant Art images of Gadget can't be too far down that GIS and I'm at work.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm assuming that 16-0 means that they miss the playoffs because the team's flight gets lost in the Bermuda Triangle or someing.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Bad news, guys. 538 has a whole article using *STATISTICS* to explain that relying on defense and special teams to score points may not carry the Vikings (and Ravens) to 16-0. In fact, they are in for a RUDE AWAKENING.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-vikings-and-ravens-are-in-for-a-rude-awakening/

TL;DR for me, but this photo caption probably sums everything up well enough:

some 538 dildo posted:

Marcus Sherels returned a punt for a TD against the Carolina Panthers Sunday, but can the Vikings keep relying on those kinds of plays to win?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Other teams probably can't keep relying on the Vikigns to average 2 yards per carry either

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
I lived through 1998. I know how this poo poo is going to end.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Mukulu posted:

I lived through 1998. I know how this poo poo is going to end.

redemption

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I just noticed IcePheonix's subtle av change

:rip: Teddy

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Dubious posted:

The best part is that I can change the number 5 to 8 with almost no effort when the inevitable happens to Bradford.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
538 fuckin sucks man

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Hot Diggity! posted:

538 fuckin sucks man

I though their hard-hitting analysis of the debate was pretty funny.

https://twitter.com/538politics/status/780813937952559109

They included every single data point twice, once for the debate winner and once for the debate looser, meaning that the top half of the graph is simply a 180 degree rotation of the bottom half of the graph.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Bad news, guys. 538 has a whole article using *STATISTICS* to explain that relying on defense and special teams to score points may not carry the Vikings (and Ravens) to 16-0. In fact, they are in for a RUDE AWAKENING.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-vikings-and-ravens-are-in-for-a-rude-awakening/

TL;DR for me, but this photo caption probably sums everything up well enough:

holy poo poo this is retarded lol

i mean their point isnt wrong but hahaha how they get there is the stupidest poo poo

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I like that when the article came out, they included Shawn Hill's game when deciding that Bradford was unimpressive. Way to just grab stats for clickbait.

It's going to be interesting when Treadwell gets some serious playing time. Like most of the rookies on the Vikings he's being working in the lineup slowly.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Knowing the Vikings as well as I do, they can definitely go 16-0.

Then they'll be 16-1, after Walsh kicks the football into a flock of bird ghosts that the stadium murdered and the ball goes wide left in the final seconds of the game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dubious posted:

:tipshat:

Burginator posted:

Knowing the Vikings as well as I do, they can definitely go 16-0.

Then they'll be 16-1, after Walsh kicks the football into a flock of bird ghosts that the stadium murdered and the ball goes wide left in the final seconds of the game.

Surprisingly I don't think there have been any bird casualties yet.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

IcePhoenix posted:

Surprisingly I don't think there have been any bird casualties yet.

Aren't they supposed to come later on in the year? I haven't paid attention to bird hunting in like 15 years, I have no idea when the migration starts.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grittybeard posted:

Aren't they supposed to come later on in the year?

November 20th to be exact

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Darth Brooks posted:

I like that when the article came out, they included Shawn Hill's game when deciding that Bradford was unimpressive. Way to just grab stats for clickbait.

It's going to be interesting when Treadwell gets some serious playing time. Like most of the rookies on the Vikings he's being working in the lineup slowly.

No, you see, they changed that error by posting this correction:

That same 538 dickhead posted:

CORRECTION (Sept. 26, 11:15 p.m.): An earlier version of this article misstated the number of games that Sam Bradford has played through the first three weeks of the NFL season. It was two games, not three.

It's easier if you just ignore the fact that the correction doesn't mention redoing the analysis to take the QB change into account.

The emergence of Trae Waynes as a contributing member of the defense this season after the last year of media and fans crying that he was a bust citing lack of playtime makes it even more annoying any time that someone mentions Treadwell as a swing and a miss.

Maybe this will just be the standard cycle going forward; people simultaneously complaining about this year's first-round pick not being any good (because he's not playing) while last year's pick enters the rotation.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I expect that by week eight Treadwell will be starting and by week ten people will be asking "Why in the hell do the Vikings keep getting these great players?"

Right now the offense is Diggs and Rudolph. Charles Johnson hasn't done a lot and I can't say what anyone else is doing.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 28, 2016

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Thielen has done really well in the slot role. I'm bummed Jarius Wright has apparently fallen out of favor but it's not like we aren't getting production from Thielen.

The Treadwell stuff is interesting. I'm glad the Vikings don't feel forced to get him on the field because he was a first round pick but that he's been inactive for two games is definitely disappointing. Comparing his time on the bench to Diggs last year is, I think, a deflection. Given Treadwell's size, you'd hope they have some sort of package he could work in. Zimmer's comments also aren't exactly encouraging. Honestly, I think CP is going to find himself getting more of Charles Johnson's snaps before Treadwell does.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

They have a new stadium. They feel like winners. They are winners.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

WHOOPS posted:

Thielen has done really well in the slot role. I'm bummed Jarius Wright has apparently fallen out of favor but it's not like we aren't getting production from Thielen.

It's been really cool to follow Thielen's development over the past few years from random local camp body to special teams standout to productive slot guy.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Yo, Sam Bradford is a cool guy and I can't wait for Week 7's reunion game.

the article posted:

EAST RUTHERFORD — Sam Bradford has had his head down since the Eagles shipped him to Minnesota in a stunning Sept. 3 trade, his energy focused on learning the Vikings' offense.

But Bradford, who will lead his 3-0 team against the Giants on Monday Night Football in Minneapolis, is well aware his old team is 3-0. And, the quarterback says, he is not surprised at all with the Eagles' dominant start.

"The past few weeks I've been pretty busy, so I haven't really paid attention to a lot outside of what's going on here. But it doesn't surprise me," Bradford said Thursday on a conference call with Giants reporters.

"When I was there, I thought we had a chance to be really good in Philadelphia. I know those guys, I know how hard they worked, I know the type of offseason and preseason camp they had there. The fact they've started off the way they have doesn't really surprise me."

But the standout play of rookie quarterback Carson Wentz, the guy who more or less pushed Bradford out of Philly, has to surprise, right?

"Not really. You could see it from day 1," Bradford said. "He's a very talented kid, he's very smart. He sees things, he's got really wide vision for a rookie. I was very impressed with him from day 1. The fact he's been given the opportunity and has really played well doesn't surprise me."

also i think he is a hermit who lives at the vikings training facility now.

quote:

Bradford said he has not spoken to Wentz since the trade, though. "I really haven't talked to anyone much the past couple of weeks," he said.

bring on week 7 and the 5-0 Vikings vs the 5-0 Eagles! :getin:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
NOT EVEN ELISHA NELSON MANNING BULLSHIT CANNOT DEFEAT THE VIKINGS

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

big juicy nectarine posted:

NOT EVEN ELISHA NELSON MANNING BULLSHIT CANNOT DEFEAT THE VIKINGS

Eli bullshit has literally never worked against the Vikings

I don't think he's ever beaten them

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Sam Bradford

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Febreeze posted:

Eli bullshit has literally never worked against the Vikings

I don't think he's ever beaten them

Josh Freeman :suicide:

e: mind you that was still an awful game (i think the Giants were winless) and Eli didn't exactly light them up.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Boomer Sooner

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

WHOOPS posted:

That game doesn't even count, that wasn't football, that was two mentally challenged kids slap fighting in the mud

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
haha yeah. That was the first time I ever heard Mike Tirico hold open contempt for the game at hand.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

The Vikings are not going to beat the New York Giants

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

WHOOPS posted:

e: mind you that was still an awful game (i think the Giants were winless) and Eli didn't exactly light them up.

God. I will never forget that game.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

Sam Bradford

Bram Sadford

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
The Minnesota Vikings Will Win The Super Bowl

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Forever_Peace posted:

I though their hard-hitting analysis of the debate was pretty funny.

https://twitter.com/538politics/status/780813937952559109

They included every single data point twice, once for the debate winner and once for the debate looser, meaning that the top half of the graph is simply a 180 degree rotation of the bottom half of the graph.

Haha, that graph is basically a tautology. x=y

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I'm starting to believe in the Vikings. This scares me. Can some Vikings fan please tell me why I shouldn't?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Magnetic North posted:

I'm starting to believe in the Vikings. This scares me. Can some Vikings fan please tell me why I shouldn't?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UUeqvquXZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HSvWf4R5DY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0c17edmKEU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL8S4G9zFK8

• Locked thread