Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
Who else is excited for LIVE Gaming Garbage featuring Lowtax!?
I've only been able to catch one live gaming garbage broadcast, and it was deffo worth it. Chat can get real rowdy, like a LIVE version of GBS, so come prepared!

Personally, I think Lowtax is a pretty funny guy who does comedy real good.

Anyone else cancelling their Friday night plans to stay home and watch? Feel free to share your favorite live broadcast moments in this thread!

The link is here in case you can't see the announcement on the phone app:

"The Gaming Garbage livestream will begin today, Friday the 30th at 6:30 PM CST, and will appear on this here YouTube link: https://gaming.youtube.com/c/somethingawful/live"

Edit: Updated the link to the livestream.

Kosher Pickup Line fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Oh boy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I Am Excited.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I enjoy watching Dick 'yanka play video games.

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
Boy, does he play some truly awful video games!

Makes you wonder what type of person actually makes these things. Is the final product what they envisioned when they first came up with the game concept during a fever dream? Or did they get halfway through development and just said gently caress it?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Kosher Pickup Line posted:

Makes you wonder what type of person actually makes these things. Is the final product what they envisioned when they first came up with the game concept during a fever dream? Or did they get halfway through development and just said gently caress it?

they probably all started making them before steam introduced refunds

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kosher Pickup Line posted:

I'm pretty sure most of Yoyo games is actual children who are just proud to have seen a project through a few weeks of work.

I blame Disney
Sep 30, 2016

They know what they did
He should schedule some livestreams in the morning too for those of us living in less fortunate time zones

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I blame Disney posted:

He should schedule some livestreams in the morning too for those of us living in less fortunate time zones
These always end up on Youtube.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
live streaming video games on youtube?? ha!!!!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Just so you know, this is competing with TWITCHCON but I got faith in the 'tax man, hope he uses a cam because what a fuckin hunk

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My phone tells me I have to download some extra app rather than just use the normal YouTube one... so I guess I can't just use a normal set top box with YouTube to tune in?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Will Shmorky be there?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I hope he crams some EDF in there, as it's an actually good game to play and entertaining to watch.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I've watched most of his streams, they're pretty good usually. I like his older stuff with Shmorky better, but that bridge is burned and it's easier to just stream a bunch of poo poo games than edit individual episodes, plus I've enjoyed his daughter and his wife whenever they're on.

He streams stuff nobody else does (for good reason), so it's worth watching just to get your fill of lovely Unity games.

MegaButt
Feb 21, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I love lowtax I want to hug him

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I wasn't up on the shmorky stuff for a long time, I used to think it was just a guy being silly with his voice

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I wasn't up on the shmorky stuff for a long time, I used to think it was just a guy being silly with his voice

Unfortunately a lot of folks never got the full story and just think Lowtax let him go solely over having a goofy voice.

I still enjoy the new stuff but I think if Lowtax edited his streams into 15-minute "best of" chunks for his channel it'd go a long way towards making the recent content more watchable.

MegaButt
Feb 21, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone else think shmorky never really contributed anything to the videos? It was basically always lowtax making all the jokes and reacting to everything, and shmorky would just laugh like a dope or lazily try to piggy back off of lowtax's jokes.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
He could do a pretty mean Robin Williams

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

MegaButt posted:

I love lowtax I want to hug him

:same:

Almost time! :f5:

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
This just in: Marijuana makes you eat books.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

I WILL RAPE YOUR WIFE'S CORPSE

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

for fucks sake posted:

I WILL RAPE YOUR WIFE'S CORPSE

is this a quote from the life thing or something

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Is he going to be saving these in a highlights video or something later?
Because I love Gaming Garbage but I also love going outside on Friday nights

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

extra row of teeth posted:

Is he going to be saving these in a highlights video or something later?
Because I love Gaming Garbage but I also love going outside on Friday nights

Youtube saves them so you can just watch it later. Better for skipping through them when poo poo gets dull.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Currently they're playing a 9/11 game, but there is no video game showing up. And they don't realize this.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
this is the fantasy football thread right?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Stream summary: Always be sure to take your toilet-MEAT and PILLS (3).

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

And tapioca pudding is great stuff!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

roymorrison posted:

this is the fantasy football thread right?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm drinking beer and watching Hulu I don't think I can make time for Gaming Garbage tonight

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
i feel like these always happen when i'm at work but hell yea watching the recording now

The Laughing Man
Sep 21, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm playing a lot of the Warhammer 40k app game Freeblade, will Lowtax play that? I don't think it's a lot of fun but that's gaming nowadays I guess

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Professor Shark posted:

I'm playing a lot of the Warhammer 40k app game Freeblade, will Lowtax play that? I don't think it's a lot of fun but that's gaming nowadays I guess

If it's not fun maybe you shouldn't play it.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Mega64 posted:

If it's not fun maybe you shouldn't play it.

Phone games aren't about fun, they're about reaching deep in and pushing those buttons in your brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
lol if you watch(ed) gaming garbage to see something other than shmorky being shmorky.

• Locked thread