Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

GUYS! GUYS!

I'M FINALLY CAUGHT UP ON MY COMICS!

gently caress that took awhile. I need to cut some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

Cut it all. You're free!
Sadly, when I say "caught up" I just mean my weekly stuff. I won't be done with my pile of shame for years at the rate I'm going.

Maybe I should just cut it off until I'm through that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Crossposting this from the digital comics thread since it probably has general interest:

Comixology has announced they're publishing digital-only comics.

quote:

Adventure Time Marshall Lee Spectacular from BOOM! Studios with three all-new original Marshall Lee stories set in BOOM! Studios’ bestselling continuation of Cartoon Network’s Adventure Time TV show. The first story features New York Times bestselling writer Mariko Tamaki with artist Audrey Mok, followed by stories teaming up writer Melanie Gillman with artist Trungles and writer S.M. Vidaurri with artist Asia Kendrick-Horton — all found behind a fully painted cover by Fabio Moon. This digital only exclusive is available for pre-order today on comiXology andKindle for $3.99.

quote:

Valiant High from Valiant Entertainment is a hilarious reimagining of Valiant’s award-winning superhero universe by writer Daniel Kibblesmith (The Late Show with Stephen Colbert), artist Derek Charm (Jughead) with a first issue cover by David Lafuente! Before they became the world’s most formidable heroes, they were roaming the halls at a super-powered preparatory academy where Aric “X-O Manowar” Dacia is a record-setting running back, Colin “Ninjak” King is a debonair foreign exchange student, and Coach Bloodshot is way too into dodgeball! Now…Faith “Zephyr” Herbert is about to discover it all for the first time as the newest girl in school! Issue #1 (of 4) of this digital only exclusive is available for pre-order today on comiXology and Kindle for $3.99.

quote:

Harvey Kurtzman’s Marley’s Ghost will see The New Yorker cartoonist Shannon Wheeler, illustrator Gideon Kendall and editor Josh O’Neill expand and complete Kurtzman’s first attempt at the graphic novel form courtesy of the Estate of Harvey Kurtzman and packagers Kitchen, Lind & Associates. Never completed until now, in the 1950s Kurtzman attempted to adapt the Marley’s ghost section of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol with over 70 pages of breakdowns. The completed work will be a 100+ page digital only exclusive graphic novel and is available for pre-order today for $9.99. on comiXology and Kindle with a winter 2017 release date.

http://comicsalliance.com/comixology-originals-digital-exclusives/

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

joehonkie posted:

That bad, eh?

Would Gary Johnson lie to you?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why do you assume everyone would rape someone with mind control? Or do you believe mind control is just inherently rapey? (I think that's a perfectly valid thing to believe fwiw, even if I'm not sure I agree)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't think that's how Slack works. You'll have to add everyone by email I think.

Here's a Discord channel in the meantime: https://discord.gg/BygqZYe

EDIT: New Discord invite. Apparently the other one expired. This one *should* last FOREVER.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 7, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I didn't realize I had walked into Helldump.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was going to send a t-shirt to his store one time but decided against it. Mostly because they wouldn't let me send direct and I didn't feel like paying double shipping.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Get well soon! And go to a doctor if you can. The flu can be nasty, though you're young and shouldn't have a big problem with it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Is Chuck Dixon a known poo poo head?
I don't know if I would call him a shithead, though he does lean pretty far to the right and says the sorts of things you would expect a right-winger to say on topics of diversity.

EDIT: Different topic:

https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/785937901137690626

And in case it gets edited:

quote:

About the Author
John Byrne is distinguished professor of energy and climate policy and director of the Center for Energy and Environmental Policy (CEEP) at the University of Delaware. He is also chairman of the board of the Foundation for Renewable Energy and Environment. He has contributed since 1992 to Working Group III of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), and shares the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize with the panel's authors. He is editor of Transaction's book series Energy and Environmental Policy.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 11, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The one issue of Cage is better than Power Man and Iron Fist, though I like it, also.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

Gail Simone will hunt down any forum that talks about comics. She was even on HCRealms when she was writing Deadpool/Agent X.
She was on here for a minute and got ran off for various reasons including signing her posts.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I definitely remember some outrage that Ryan Reynolds was playing Green Lantern because "everyone knows Green Lantern is black"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That sucks.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Someone gimme ideas for a Steve Dillon inspired tattoo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm gonna be Macho Man this year. I even got a box of Slim Jims I'm going to stuff into a fanny pack to pass out to drunks. And munch on while drunk.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

GUYS. Jack Chick died yesterday, too. 2016 is the worst.

Here's Benito Cereno's article on him. http://comicsalliance.com/history-jack-t-chick/

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"Did you lose your Luigi hat? And is supposed to rain tonight??"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I agree with him. Certain people should NOT be allowed to read or create comics. What he doesn't get is that he is one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My new av is not as good as I thought it would be in my head.

And buying Rhyno D_T's av will always be my favorite prank.

• Locked thread