Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its a workplace comedy

characters:

Daisuke Higashida
our mc, surrounded by nitwits and already tired of this poo poo

Hana Miyakoshi
wow now aren't we moving a bit too fast here

Sayuri Muranushi
this girl is out of this world haha

Takuya Kouno & Masahiro Adachi
the friendly cooks... these guys barely appeared yet so i can't say much except there's a bromance here

Shiho Kamakura
ojouhohohonoooooo

Yuuta Shindou
poor manslave to that vicious ojousama up there

Kisaki Kondou
holy crap who cares about anything else. DUTCH PRIDE

its on crunchyroll and daisuki, this is a spinoff except not really... the original anime was the spinoff?!

bonus: can you spot popura and souta in this episode??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

so do i need to watch the other ones or what

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

u dont need to but it cant hurt

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

New working !!!!!!!!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.working

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm gonna watch this, I hope there is a popura equivalent

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Erg posted:

so do i need to watch the other ones or what

You're not even missing like, subtitle references to the other series or anything like that if you jump in with this one. I was looking for them but couldn't find any.

Working and Servant x Service are really good tho so watch em!!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

why is this much more boring than the first three seasons

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

why is this much more boring than the first three seasons

No Yamada

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
The new cast is good, and I hope the host guy can stay fed throughout the whole season :ohdear:

I liked the little Working!!!!!!! references. Popura for those who missed her:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nondevor posted:

The new cast is good, and I hope the host guy can stay fed throughout the whole season :ohdear:

I liked the little Working!!!!!!! references. Popura for those who missed her:

She is little, yes.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Yeah I'll watch this

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

All the characters seem good so far, I really liked the first episode.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

STORNG!!

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Wow, the characters in this might be even more dysfunctional than the cast of the original Working!

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Yeah, this feels promising. I'm on board for Madlibs Working.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Where is the Yamada expy?
And Poplar?

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
So far, the most promising thing is that unlike the impression the manga left with me, the cast definitely feels different from the original once they've been put into motion. Still can't unsee the old characters in some of the new, though. The biggest surprise is how they made not-Inami actually feel unique despite sharing basically all of her traits. The manga definitely didn't give off that feeling.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Good show so far

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Kibibit posted:

So far, the most promising thing is that unlike the impression the manga left with me, the cast definitely feels different from the original once they've been put into motion. Still can't unsee the old characters in some of the new, though. The biggest surprise is how they made not-Inami actually feel unique despite sharing basically all of her traits. The manga definitely didn't give off that feeling.

The only real similarity between Inami and the new girl is that they're violent, and even then it's for completely different reasons.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Droyer posted:

The only real similarity between Inami and the new girl is that they're violent, and even then it's for completely different reasons.
That, and the similar hair style and colour.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

It's a shame the "dad(tousan)'s company went bankrupt(tousan)" pun didn't translate very well.

I can't stop seeing Ojou's hairstyle as a short cut + some thing she's wearing on her shoulders:

And I wonder whether this is just a reference, or if she actually has a katana:

Droyer posted:

I haven't read the manga, but I imagine they could come off pretty similar in the manga, at least early on, given the author's penchant for sameface, the similar hair, and a bland translation that masks differences in how they talk.

Droyer posted:

STORNG!!

Why So Serious?

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

z0glin Warchief posted:

It's a shame the "dad(tousan)'s company went bankrupt(tousan)" pun didn't translate very well.

Between this and Otoo-san, I think the author really likes dad puns.

z0glin Warchief posted:

I can't stop seeing Ojou's hairstyle as a short cut + some thing she's wearing on her shoulders:

:same:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I doubted, and I'm sorry. This is good. Hopefully there are still some seats left in the back of the bandwagon

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I haven't watched any of the previous Working animes, but gave this one a go and it looks good. Maybe I should also watch the others.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I already love not-Inami and the rich girl and her poor hopeless slave.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

nielsm posted:

I haven't watched any of the previous Working animes, but gave this one a go and it looks good. Maybe I should also watch the others.

You should, they're good.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

nielsm posted:

They're better than this. This is okay. Servant x Service was better than both.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's been one episode.

Anyway, working s1 is pretty good, season 2 is spectacular.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I laughed more at this one episode than any other non-Working show this year so it's okay by me.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
All comedies take a few episodes to get great. This one was actually a lot better than I was expecting.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

people have complained about every single first episode of a working season and the fwiggen milquetoast servant x service certainly isn't better

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
People on these forums are really biased towards favoring Servant x Service because the characters aren't high schoolers.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Actually it was because I liked the way Hasabe said 'Lucy'.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Actually it was because I liked the way Hasabe said 'Lucy'.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Lucy and Hasebe were really a lot of fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CrazySalamander posted:

People on these forums are really biased towards favoring Servant x Service because the characters aren't high schoolers.

theyre not high schoolers in working either theres only the three

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
The three (or four depending on how you argue) are very central characters. The high school kids in SxS are very much not the direct focus of the plot.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Every Karino Takatsu manga adaptation is very good!! Hail Satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

ive never seen the other show or w/e but after that first episode i can tell this is gonna rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread