Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

keevo posted:

Wait Del Rio really showed up at Bound for Glory tonight?

nope, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My assumption is that he got them to deposit a down payment into his bank account, then hosed off before the contract signing.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Lol why did he no-show a AAA show then?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

keevo posted:

Autism isn't gonna bust itself

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

keevo posted:

He knows he can get away with it, is my guess

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

keevo posted:

because he probably wasn't going to get paid

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

keevo posted:

Too busy getting in as much action with Paige as possible before her surgery

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

aron rex

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

oatgan posted:

aron rex

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poor guy, he is dead inside. Also, he sucks.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Aron Rex is the first ever kinda-mma, pro wrestling match result determined by judges champion, which they just made up a few weeks ago.

He deserves your respect.

He also has a legendary dad-bod, so he's very relevant.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The only good thing tna regularly does is prove that a wrestler being underrated doesn't mean they're good

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So did Corgan end up closing the deal or what? Somebody must have bought them if they funded the PPV, right?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

oatgan posted:

aron rex

Maybe he should trying being anor rex.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

So did Corgan end up closing the deal or what? Somebody must have bought them if they funded the PPV, right?

Still early yet. Still plenty of time for reports of talent and production not being paid to surface in the next few days.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

the closest speculation to reality i've heard is that corgan ended up putting up more money because he's buying the promotion anyway

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Dixie and Billy swerved us all, made us watch a terrible ppv.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Yeah I'm guessing William Corgan bailed out TNA again because he's an idiot

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
"The great thing about professional wrestling," he laughs, "is that anybody who's stupid enough and has enough money can be involved in it."

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Jesus.

Is anyone going to be able to actually believe it if TNA dies at this point?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Love TNA's spontaneous vibe where you don't know if the scoreboard will work or if the lights will stay on

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RealMikeBennett/status/782826766960328708

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
The freakin Hardy Boyz had a sweet fuckin entrance last night.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Love TNA's spontaneous vibe where you don't know if the scoreboard will work or if the lights will stay on

i love you chris regal :allears:

"The WWE has a great production group that knows what the hell they're doing, how boring."

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

DJExile posted:

i love you chris regal :allears:

"The WWE has a great production group that knows what the hell they're doing, how boring."

TNA really should become The Muppet Show. Make it about Billy Corrigan running a wrestling company, and the whacky obstacles he faces every week.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

looks like the surface of the moon

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/782783508762628096?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Biggest pop of the night was one of EC3's back zits.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gonzo McFee posted:

Last one, i promise

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

Dave on this morning's WOR posted:

Somebody put up the money. People are saying that it wasn't Billy Corgan and it wasn't Aeroluxe but somehow Dixie got some money. Does that mean that somebody else now has... um? Ya know Fight TV has a stake in this too by the way. Fight Tv's got some ownership, Corgan's got some ownership, Aeroluxe's got some ownership, and Dixie's got the majority of ownership. And.... if somebody else put it in then who knows?

He later went on to say that it looks like they can function until late November so Corgan and any other interested party has a little time now to get a deal together.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 3, 2016

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Why does such a colossal failure have so many people trying to own it? Is TNA one of my posts?

Let TNA die, find a new money mark and start again.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Gonzo McFee posted:

Why does such a colossal failure have so many people trying to own it? Is TNA one of my posts?

Let TNA die, find a new money mark and start again.

It has to be over the TV deals right? Because I'd have to assume it would be cheaper for Billy, who wants to change the name, to just start anew. But I guess having an established company with what little tv it has is easier than building a new company and getting a tv deal.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

DoctorGonzo posted:

Last one, i promise
Every time you post that a fallen angel gets its wings... and immediately escapes TNA.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The only good thing tna regularly does is prove that a wrestler being underrated doesn't mean they're good

I swear he's done better but yeah... I don't see him ROH bound after this. Damien Mizdow was such a cool gimmick.

Hardy's brought the goods though. I still dig the piss out of Decay and the Broken Ones. The rest was....ok? Not bad? Can't remember much so lets look at what the internet remembers.

flashy_mcflash posted:

<sigh> Goddamit TNA....

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

If you play connect the dots you get a picture of Dixie's face.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I think that bacne thing came up with.... I want to say it was Sonjay Dutt.

Can someone smarter than me explain how roids cause acne like that? Not that I doubt it, I'm just curious

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DJExile posted:

I think that bacne thing came up with.... I want to say it was Sonjay Dutt.

Can someone smarter than me explain how roids cause acne like that? Not that I doubt it, I'm just curious

same reason you're prone to it during puberty. A hormone increase causes you to secrete more oils.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

flashy_mcflash posted:

If you replace TNA with the USSR, Third Reich or Khmer Rouge, it's still just as funny

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hogan comes back as the new owner. Introduces 3 sided ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

same reason you're prone to it during puberty. A hormone increase causes you to secrete more oils.

Oh duh

I was overthinking it :downs:

• Locked thread