Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Love TNA's spontaneous vibe where you don't know if the scoreboard will work or if the lights will stay on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

looks like the surface of the moon

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/782783508762628096?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I always wondered where my grandmother's coat went when we donated it to goodwill

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

Carter was also asked about rumors that WWE was about to buy the promotion. Carter, we are told, acknowledged that WWE did want to purchase but stated that she would not let that happen, although she could have.

What the hell? What a terrible thing to say.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It seems like holding it over their heads, like "I could've sold this thing to WWE, but see, darlin, I'm just a mom."

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it comes off as self-serving.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Marmaduke! posted:

I think it's a bit much to infer tone from someone's paraphrasing of what was actually said.

I guess you'd have to look at context and prior statements to determine if she deserves the benefit of the do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn13PwaRQ6s

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The best part is ol' thin skinned rear end Josh must've been loving livid about it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

I get the feeling Josh isn't exactly beloved by the talent either. On the other hand Dixie loves him and he's in her inner circle so I fully expect Borash to get fired in retaliation.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Baron Dax

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Someday we will get the dream team matchup of Aron Rex and Baron Dax vs Byron Saxton and Braxton Sutter

Special guest referee Nia Jax

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maria was on the same season as Goldberg, Bret Michaels, Cyndi Lauper, and Sinbad

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Now that's how you "get worked by a sloppy angle"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave's going to be upset at how many people submit Matt for wrestler of the year at the year-end awards but I don't care

If your Observer ballot isn't for the express purpose of upsetting Dave, what are you even doing?

A hot meal in every home and a Lex Luger on every HOF ballot.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is dope a.f (and all credit to rovert for calling it) but in reality, this lawsuit won't see trial for probably years, right?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

MORE ON CORGAN VS. TNA
By Mike Johnson on 2016-10-13 14:58:00
Court records reveal a bit more information about movements made in the lawsuit TNA President Billy Corgan filed against Impact Wrestling, it's parent company Impact Ventures, Dixie Carter, her husband Seg Salinas, and TNA Chief Financial Officer Dean Broadhead yesterday.

Based on the documents, a temporary restraining order was approved and Corgan filed a bond to support it today. A hearing has been set for a temporary injunction on Thursday 10/20 at 11:30 AM.

Court documents reveal that Corgan has also requested a six person jury to decide the case.

As noted, PWInsider.com is working on additional details, but court documents note that filings for the lawsuit have been sealed "until further notice." Requests for comment from Corgan's attorney and TNA PR have not yet been returned.

I'd be interested to know to whom the restraining order applies.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is Billy gonna wear that grandma coat to court

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

can't believe the Harris Twins are having the last laugh

2016 has been a pretty bangin year for facism

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I love this stupid company and its dimwit fans

quote:

The Miami Wrangler • 2 minutes ago
Does MVP still own half of TNA?

Chris James 2 posted:

Peak TNA would be Corgan winning, getting the company, and having enough money to run it till the very last day of summer 2017 before he goes broke too and has to find a seller

Then he sells it to Scott Weiland, who then runs out of money and sells it to the dude from Everclear. Just a never-ending carousel of 90's bands owning TNA.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

I have some bad news

oh phew, Scott Weiland's dead. For a minute I thought something happened to the Everclear guy.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

I really want a TNA T-Shirt now. You know, as a memento of this failed stupid retarded company.

But I am worried, with it dying will they be liquidating all stock and as such I could get one cheap, or more likely, they are too incompetent to even sell me a shirt and ship it to me, (I live outside North America).

My dude,
http://shoptna.com/jeff-jarrett-autographed-laser-engraved-guitar.aspx

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

dsriggs posted:

Mecca's moved onto the denial stage

I...I think this is acceptance? Somebody hold me.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so wait MCC acquisitions (whoever they are) paid for the tapings?

Nobody knows except that it wasn't Billy Pumpkins. It could've been Aroluxe, Fight Network/MCC, some combination of the two, or another entity entirely. I think it was probably Aroluxe, based on nothing really. I don't see any reason FN would throw her that kind of cash, though they might be the only ones who could make any money with it besides Vince since they could use it for content on the FN channel and their app.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Regrettable posted:

Yes, fear not, the talented one is dead.

No we established that the Everclear guy was still alive

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Meltzer said he is aware of a number of TNA talents who are going to declare a breach of contract if they don't get paid by next week. Meaning they would be free agents.

Aryan Sandex, too good for this world

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

man I kind of liked sandow and cody but leaving WWE and then going to TNA to prove some kind of point is loving moronic. not even Ryback, who is dumb as gently caress, beelined to TNA

At least Cody always maintained he was there for one set of tapings, and I believe he went over Bennett without any receipt before peacing out. Sandow's stuck in it, and holds their nonsensical MMA title.

Gotta think that the people not being paid (or least promptly) are the ones that hardly get used. Mandrews, Tyrus, etc.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

exploding mummy posted:

Sandow lost the title to Moose.

I guess that was later in the tapings? I stand corrected! Moose might be another one to peace out if he's not paid. I wonder if Bennett/Maria would be in the same boat? Maria's quietly been throwing shade on Dixie on Twitter lately.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

loving BOOM

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bruce is the stupidest TNA fan in existence. Really let that sink in.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Unpaid bills, piled high

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Vince purchases the tape library only to find a bunch of tape boxes containing scraps of paper reading "IOU"

It's a bunch of matches filmed with, and stored on, hundreds of burner Nokia phones.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Regrettable posted:

What we've established is your terrible taste in music.

Tell me more about how some junkie is more talented than the genius who penned the seminal 90's anthem Santa Monica.

Speaking of watching the world die, it's Debt City: Population Dixie.

e: omfg also according to dave, Dixie sold an unspecified portion of the tape library to Fight Network, that's how she funded the last tapings.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 15, 2016

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Don't you wonder why?
We never talk about the future
We never talk about the past anymore
We never ask ourselves the questions to the answers that nobody even wants to know
I guess the honeymoon is over
So much for the afterglow

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

All the wrestlers are going to be gone from this dead husk of a company by the time this all shakes out. All except Bram.

Kind of sad/hilarious that Davey Richards and Drew Galloway got injured when they did and will never get a proper sendoff from the company. And Eddie Edwards will be the last champion.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I can't even contort my mind enough to pretend it's a work. Whomever tweeted that is officially more deluded than TNA Mecca, who have resigned themselves to the fact that all of this is true.

The endgame? There is no bloody endgame. The episode of the show that aired at the height (or depth) of all this was one of their lowest rates shows ever. A second plane has hit the Impact Zone. The company is finished outside of a footnote on AJ Styles and Billy Corgan's wikipedia entries.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

Perhaps in hindsight wasting all that money on castles wasn't such a good idea.

Most recently it was a safari. This was during a set of tapings IIRC.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sony Six is airing WWE as well now so a cool way to twist the knife would be if WWE goes all 'us or them' and Sony Six is forced to drop Impact. We'd lose all those hilarious comics though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

I assume holding on to January means fulfilling all obligations, such as making the India tour and getting more tapings done since they only have enough to last until sometime in November?

They're definitely not going to India this year but Sony Six may have relaxed that requirement.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pol Pot

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

:kingsley: :kingsley: THEY'RE DOING MORE TAPINGS :kingsley: :kingsley:

quote:

TNA SETS TAPING DATES FOR 2017
By Mike Johnson on 2016-10-19 12:45:00
With all the talk surrounding the future of TNA, it should be noted that the company has reserved dates to film Impact Wrestling and One Night Only PPVs in January 2017.

PWInsider.com can confirm that there are dates on the Universal Studios Orlando calendar for the company to film at the Impact Zone from 1/4/17 through 1/10/17.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/105466/tna-sets-taping-dates-for-2017.html?p=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

Does it cost any money to reserve dates for tapes? If it does not I would guess that nobody funds it yet and they just reserved the dates in case they managed to find someone.

In order for them to advertise the tapings, they either had to put down the deposit or the full amount (I forget which, but TNA struggled to put together this sum a couple times this year, causing them not to advertise the tapings until the last minute) for the building. It's not a ton of money and it's possible that any of the entities involved in this mess ponied up the relatively small sum to have the building reserved in case they end up with ownership at the end and can scramble to tape something to maintain continuity on the show.

• Locked thread