Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sometimes the spookiest thing isn't death...it's life. And that's the case here

Yep, October 1st, BFG just about here, and this company will see at least one more day. Against all odds

Bound for Glory card:

Lashley defends the world title against EC3!
Decay defend the tag titles against the Broken Hardys in the Great War!
Aron Rex fights Drew GallowayEddie Edwards for the KOTMLegendsTVGlobalGrand championship! (Galloway's hurt)
Moose vs Bennett!
Maria defends the Knockouts title against Gail Kim!
BFG Gauntlet! Tyrus, Robbie E, Godderz, Dax, Grado, Shera, Spud, Sutter, Drake, Baraka! Winner gets a title match of their choice any time they want!
Also Gail Kim inducted in the Hall!
And Cody R!

Will this company ever die? Doubtful! Will people ever be paid on time while the company "survives"? Definitely not!

Some things just can't be deleted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Devil Bird Thing posted:

PWI is reporting Del Rio being in Orlando, possibly being brought in for the show.

He no showed a AAA event :lol:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cubone posted:

lmao He's such a loving dick

Update: he wasn't on the PPV and told AAA this morning he was going to be at their show

So yeah he's just an impressive dick

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

so, how was bound for glory

The Hardys match was perfect in every way

Everything else was bad to meh to ok

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

keevo posted:

Lol why did he no-show a AAA show then?

He knows he can get away with it, is my guess

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

holy poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's no good way of saying you could have sold to WWE but didn't

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Former TNA legend Kid Kash is doing MMA at the hip age of 47

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

They did two big blocks of tapings Monday and Tuesday night

Yeah, they're taping every day through Saturday to fill up the rest of the year. 2016 is the end of TNA, whatever Corgan decides to call it starts next year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MEANWHILE IN TNAMECCA

quote:

If TNA sells the library to WWE I'm done with wrestling. My last love will end that day. I know is very dramatic but I would not handle seeing TNA in the network like other dying companies.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rick posted:

Every time I hear someone talk about something Bobby Lashley did over the past year it sounds really cool. Does it just sound that way or was it actually the case?

At one point he had won every male title in the company one by one, and he walked backstage and stopped near the Knockouts champ who turned around, saw him, and said "Don't even think about it"

That was genuinely one of my favorite televised moments of the year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ahahahahahahahah

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

So why did Miz almost never get heat when Sandow was off screen and why did Sandow's act, meant to be a complete one off end up hijacking the Miz's planned singles push?

It's an easy mistake to make but I think you misheard the "We Want Miz Now" chants, friend

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Someday we will get the dream team matchup of Aron Rex and Baron Dax vs Byron Saxton and Braxton Sutter

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave's going to be upset at how many people submit Matt for wrestler of the year at the year-end awards but I don't care

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't know, it was quiet enough since the tapings that I was starting to think they might have actually pulled off tossing the inevitable a couple feet away yet again to bide time

Glad we might be getting more funny news

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yassssssssssssssssssss

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They literally don't have the money for a lengthy suit. Corgan could end the company

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can wait a week to lol at TNA some more

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Peak TNA would be Corgan winning, getting the company, and having enough money to run it till the very last day of summer 2017 before he goes broke too and has to find a seller

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bix!
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/786730629404717056
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/786732769208565760?s=09

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lmfao dixie

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Missed this little gem of Bix's article

quote:

I have reached out to Dixie Carter’s known email addresses for comment (TNA no longer employs a public relations staffer) and will update this article if she replies

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

I...I think this is acceptance? Somebody hold me.

Yeah, the Corgan lawsuit they could have at least assumed temporarily was a work. AO1's suit added to the mix made them realize stuff was legit

They still don't believe it's the end, just that it's going to be hard to overcome and stand tall in the aftermath of. Which I honestly agree with, at this point you can't and shouldn't believe it's over till the corpse is propped up on display in front of everyone. No way they're totally escaping consequences from all of this though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So how many public talent resignations are we going to see next week? I'm thinking 3-5

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

ending up in hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt

It's gotta be in the millions by now, tbh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dsriggs posted:

Real talk: Is Dixie Carter the biggest loser in the history of the professional wrestling industry? Like, who else could you even compare her to? Herb Abrams never hosed up this hard.

It's hard to gently caress up this hard and this long without having rich parents there to make sure you don't fail out

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sounds like how Trump's gonna go out tbh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It has been such a rollercoaster seeing the outpouring of this and the Trump stuff simultaneously

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I like that TNA's gotten so hosed up even the defenders are just like "well maybe one of the 3 lawsuits isn't real"

The best case is essentially admitting yeah they're being sued but it's not by literally everyone, just almost everyone

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

didn't tna almost get sold a few years ago but dixie hosed it up?

There was one time where it wasn't sold because the buyer refused Dixie's demand to stay as on-screen talent, and there was another time where she said gently caress no to Heyman's offer to buy it and get rid of everything

sportsgenius86 posted:

The dumbest person in all of this is James Storm

Wasn't it something like the month he came back, both EY and Roode left

It was ridiculous timing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It might actually be cheaper to just let her ruin their company instead

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't find it right now but I feel like if the life and death of TNA had to be summed up in one video, it'd either be that or the 10 second clip of a bloody Jarrett looking on in shock at a smiling, unmasking Vince Russo while commentators scream "HOLY poo poo IT'S VINCE RUSSO?!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

My favorite part is when every single person attacks Hogan the exact same way and he counters all of them the exact same way.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RZApublican posted:

Speaking of that, who was it that bought part of TNA's tape library? They can't possibly plan to do anything with it other than sell to WWE.

Fight Network I believe, which helps fill time for their own library

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Future WWE Hall of Famer. Its crazy how this company wasted AJ Styles.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They pay Paul?!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

I've stopped ascribing 'sense' to any decision that involves giving Dixie money.

Yeah, at this point the only sensible thing would be letting it die and starting completely fresh without the baggage

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider says the restraining order granted to Corgan denies TNA/Impact Ventures ability to "take any action without the consent of the Plaintiff obtained in accordance with the process set forth in the Operating Agreement of Impact Ventures and/or applicable law." Neither side can "sell, assign, transfer and/or pledge Impact Ventures, its tape library and/or assets (except for transactions in the ordinary course of business) of Impact Ventures until further order of the Court."

So in addition to the aforementioned stuff said outright in the last sentence, TNA can't sign or renew talent until Corgan agrees to it or the restraining order is removed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also, in the request for expedited discovery, Corgan requested TNA/Impact Ventures/Dixie admit their insolvency and his rights (under the Pledge Agreement) to exercise voting rights associated with equity interest and to remove Impact Ventures' managers. If they don't, he asks they hand over:

All documents related to the insolvency,
All documents sent to or received from WWE or any representatives this year,
All documents sent to or received from any third party regarding potential acquisition of TNA/Impact Ventures/their assets

• Locked thread