Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Hogan was basically broke before the Gawker lawsuit and I think that's still under appeal so he probably doesn't have the cash on hand to help TNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Chromatic posted:

Too bad they didn't end when they were still on Spike so they could have had a Storage Wars crossover auctioning off all of their poo poo during matches

Dave would've been a great heel manager.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

BILLY
CODjCmAN

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

oatgan posted:

I would rather watch Impact Wrestling than Any Given Wednesday

Yeah. I would like to see Simmons try to create the wrestling version of The Wire though and the Patriots being inducted into the TNA hall of fame.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Kid Kash was terrible/cool.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

exploding mummy posted:

The first champion was crowned on Sunday

It replaced (but isn't a continuation of) the Legends/TV/King of the Mountain title after Lashley won the KOTM and through it in a trashcan.

Every time I hear someone talk about something Bobby Lashley did over the past year it sounds really cool. Does it just sound that way or was it actually the case?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

I want to see Road Dogg commentary on the midget masturbating in a trash can, dammit. And Puppet H. Bring back Puppet H.

Road Dogg should have to commentate his time in TNA.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Christian: The only guy so good even TNA couldn't ruin him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Spike went to the trouble to buy local advertising for their events on television stations across the country during WWE shows. That's a lot of legwork, if they didn't care about marketing to TNA they wouldn't have bothered with that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Add AJ, Joe, and Daniels to that list, if not others.

I definitely hated both of them by the time they were out of TNA, it took someone else to rebuild them.

Yeah, that post is really good. And probably pretty close to reality.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

So why did Miz almost never get heat when Sandow was off screen and why did Sandow's act, meant to be a complete one off end up hijacking the Miz's planned singles push?

Since I've started paying regular attention to this place again one of the weirdest developments is the Miz love but I'm the last person to criticize people for liking someone.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

remember when tna was on fox sports

My first TNA show was the episode prior to Candido's death . Or considering the hour that the show was on, might have actually been dead at the time.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Well the fact that they basically have until January apparently to make new TV content means they're just going to skim by again. Not getting my hopes up, their best chance for death was pre BFG.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Thank you to Broken Matt Hardy for getting me to pay attention to TNA again just in time to be entertained by all of this.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

dsriggs posted:

Dave being vindicated after months of being "wrong" about TNA's finances is a welcome bonus.

As a last act of vileness, Dixie forces ownership of the company on Dave . . . little does she know that the what the US wrestling fan is actually looking for is wrestling centered around joshis and the people that they love.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Hell in a Jeff Jarrett Guitar Storage Warehouse

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Benne posted:

I think WWE is just waiting for the inevitable bankruptcy filing so they can get the tape library for pennies in the liquidated assets firesale, maybe sign whatever wrestlers they're interested in (weren't they pursuing Moose a while back?) and otherwise stay away from the whole mess.

The only reason I can think of not to wait is that their offer was standard market price, which probably is what it might end up costing in a bankruptcy auction since at least the fight network would also probably bid on it (but probably would not be able to bid past standard market price).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm picturing Dixie with a "India or Bust" sign with an official TNA logo on it in front of a freeway onramp in Tennessee with like 2-3 wrestlers behind her while "On the Road Again" plays. They think they have a ride but just get dropped off in Indiana.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Hahah, they're so hosed.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

This is America, rich people aren't held accountable for anything no matter how badly they gently caress up

Yeah, she's going to walk away from this with her personal wealth intact almost for sure.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

coconono posted:

here's the corp structure of Anthem, in case anyone didn't click the helping links Bix provided:

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/ownership/eng/cht217.pdf

Its interesting because some of these companies look totally fictitious. Goldfarb? Mayhem?

I don't know a lot about business obviously but this looks like one of those companies that buys a video game IP and then shoves it into a vault never to use it again.

Rick fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 19, 2016

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

For the purposes of Fight Network it's a good tape library.

God bless them if they think they are running a real company and keep funding this poo poo show.

It makes sense to me. The WWE can't afford to put up all the hours of content that they own, and while TNA surely would be a nice thing to have on the service, when they could get it up (which won't be free for them either, they're going to have to pay someone to .. . oh god I'm imagining some poor WWE intern having to carefully watch TNA, sorry Deadliest Catch but TNA tape editor is actually the most dangerous job in America). Fight Network doesn't list what MMA or boxing brands they have deals with, so I can't imagine they aren't that big time. TNA might legitimately be the most important brand they license. Considering they have a global cable network (with a whole one cable network clearance in the US but hey, better than nothing) to program on top of a streaming service, TNA existing is almost a necessity to them.

Woof.

E: I guess when it reaches the point that the juice is no longer worth the squeeze for them, they can always be the ones to sell the tape library to WWE, whenever they decide they need an extra $500K.

Rick fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 20, 2016

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Can someone call The Profit and get Marcus to save TNA or hilariously tell Dixie off (either works for me)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Due to his rage he now has TNA caught in a cage

Nice.

• Locked thread