Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if the PPV happens. That's the joy of TNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

corn in the bible posted:

Actually they do but there are no penalties for a positive test. that's not a joke

As it should be! Though I doubt TNA is doing poo poo for the actual wellness of their employees.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I know Billy's a nonconformist icon of the 90s but what the gently caress are you wearing, Billy?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

"But Dixie said we would be ok!" as ants violently erupt from Abyss's eyes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rare Magic card l00k posted:

He apparently had one fight in 2008. He lost due to being deducted three points, which is like unfathomable levels of not following rules.

Given how MMA reffing goes, this means he had to intentionally dick kick his opponent 18 times.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Baron Corbyn posted:

So they're trying to get as much taped as possible while they temporarily have money?

and beat a hurricane.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

are you people trying to kill Jim Cornette? You're talking about a guy that blacked out from rage and nearly strangled a cab driver to death.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mercury Crusader posted:

I'd love to see a bunch of indie promotions turn into '80s-era NWA territories and fold a month afterward.

ROH hasn't folded, yet.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

When WWE finalizes the TNA deal, I hope we get a Wyatts vs Decay vs Broken Hardys match

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is Dixie going to file for personal bankruptcy?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Billy doesn't appreciate your sexual advances Ms. Carter.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hopefully they'll edit the legal proceedings into the TV episodes to keep everyone up to date.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gavok posted:

TNA's Twitter excitedly announces for weeks that "TNA IS GOING LIVE!"

Turns out to be a swerve and we end up with Ed Kowalczyk singing "I alone own this!"

he pays everyone by tossing rolls of pennies at them.

oh hey, barkeep just flashed the lights, I gotta go. Tip your waitress.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so wait, Billy cut Dixie a personal check to Dixie to keep TNA running? Am I interpreting that right?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I also gotta know if Dixie's mailbox death is related to all this.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Having worked for several dying businesses, when the government comes a knockin, its time to fuckin run. Hopefully the talent's PPA deals won't leave them liable to anything (other than unpaid monies).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

all the talent on twitter appear to be doing Fan Hype stuff. Bennett's talking about a movie deal he has and TNA's retweeting it. Jade(better name than Mia Yim, imo) has been running selfies constantly.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Vince purchases the tape library only to find a bunch of tape boxes containing scraps of paper reading "IOU"

if Dixie fucks with Vince's money, she will die. Literally.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Verne Gagne's still alive so he's got Dixie beat in losing everything.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Like already said much better, not counting poo poo like tiny nobodies at the beginning of wrestling starting to become a 'thing', yes probably. Nearly every great failure story we have to tell in wrestling usually involves poo poo like 'alright Heyman ran the company into the ground yes, but the man knew how to put a fuckin show on even in the worst of it'. Dixie has nothing like that, there's no 'but' after 'she ran her company into the ground', it's just that statement.

We make fun of Vince plenty for being an egomaniac but he at least can run his business and understands despite his ego he's not literally the only person who can make choices in the company.

Dixie snatched failure from the jaws of, at worst, mediocrity. I don't think she could have restarted Monday Night Wars poo poo, but she could have at least been the Pepsi to Vince's Coke. Maybe not the king, but lots of fuckin people like Pepsi, Pepsi makes a poo poo ton of money, you can be Pepsi and still be extremely successful! She had a field cleared for her to develop a genuine legend led roster into someone who WWE has to watch their back around, and she completely hosed up in every single way possible.

We talk poo poo about Vince being an uncontrolled toddler but Dixie is the real greatest example of someone with all the money and chances someone in her position needs to be great completely making GBS threads the bed because no one around her was able to say 'Dixie maybe don't do this stupid thing that will ruin us'.

Its also important to remember WWE's developmental system was pretty much stopped up for a period making TNA a good spot to be. For a while, there were decent enough paydays to keep dudes happy. Then they kept cutting their business lines off by the nuts in stupid bids.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Endorph posted:

Would it be possible for WWE to buy the tapes at that point, or would they be lost forever to big government?

WWE might bother to send an agent to the auctions. Or they may decide its not worth it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Howling Man posted:

I bought VICTORY ROAD 2004 from Dixie

Despite a court order not to, I wouldn't be surprised if Dixie started unloading TNA assets piecemeal and cash only.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he catches the chair with his arm a little but holy poo poo that had to suck.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Revenant Threshold posted:

It always confuses me as to who Dixie thinks doesn't already know she's a moron. I mean, if she doesn't want to look bad in front of wrestling people, they know enough about her to know she's an idiot. And if it's non-wrestling business people, they aren't going think highly of someone going into wrestling.

Dixie's really dumb. The scope of people and entities TNA hasn't paid is so comprehensive she could issue her own currency.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TNA is now up to stiffing state governments and major corporations. Does Dixie have any pets?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

cant believe he paid bram out of his own pocket

so are Ryder and Bram sleeping together? Thats the only thing i can think of as to why TNA is so fond of him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bigass Moth posted:

Like how dumb do you have to be to lend TNA money? Have they ever shown a profitable return on any year? The brand has been toxic basically from the start and it's not like the TV deal is anything worth paying for. I bet there are Indy's that live stream in front of thirty people who make better monetary gains.

I suspect Billy Corgan's lawsuit revolves around Dixie misrepresenting the financial state of TNA.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if TNA hired all dead guys, it'd save them a fortune on appearance fees.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

here's the corp structure of Anthem, in case anyone didn't click the helping links Bix provided:

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/ownership/eng/cht217.pdf

Its interesting because some of these companies look totally fictitious. Goldfarb? Mayhem?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh hey, one of Robert Gibson's kids. Suddenly it makes sense.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Panda's accounting was loving the wrestlers and leaving Dixie to fall, holy poo poo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sid is a nice guy that is very emotional. You combine that with the regime of steroids he consumed, and you get poo poo like stabbing Arn Anderson or trying to do whatever to Pillman with a squeegee.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Basically I'm saying we should have Sid run TNA.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Clearly they didn't have 500K per week to lose because their owners decided not to wait for Bischoff's never ending Fusient nonsense and sold for almost nothing to stop the bleeding. Great, they had more people watching, a lot of good that did them when they managed to lose as much money in one year as TNA lost in 10. The death of WCW also hurt the business more than any single event in wrestling history, so yes, it was a much, much bigger failure.

Dixie getting her poo poo sued off in parts is definitely bad for the business as a whole. Financing wrestling operations is already a deep ask for lenders and having promoters like Dixie gently caress over said lenders make poo poo worse.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dixie, for loving real, figured she could make Corgan the honorary figurehead of TNA and go about running it as she always has. That's impressive.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

This is all part of Billy Corgan's master scheme of playing basketball with Snoop Dogg on national TV.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Nash made millions upon millions in wrestling.

Billy Corgan is in danger of losing probably a million.

Does he even have a mill to throw around?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cracks me up Dixie wore a cocktail dress to court.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jfc, TNA survives again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rare Magic card l00k posted:

It might turn out that Billy Corgan was duped by Dixie Carter. This is funniest.

If only this was all a work...

• Locked thread