Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Man I was hoping Iowa STate would pull that off. Hell of a job to force baylor to a last minute FG, considering how the season started.

BG is poop from a butt made of piss, Dino babers can gently caress right off, holy poo poo he could not recruit at ALL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

drat, Louisville/Clemson owned so loving hard

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

I'm sorry that BG lost, but you have to think about it this way.

Eastern loving Michigan is 4-1

Yeah full credit to Chris Creighton, he's done a great job turning Eastern around so far. They looked a lot better than their traditional dumpster fire status.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

If Chris Peterson hadn't been bound and determined to waste his prime years in Idaho he'd have a natty or two by now coaching as a P5 guy.

You know he "wasted" his years in Boise because at the time they had like the only hospital capable of taking care of one of his son's cancer, right?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

drunk leprechaun posted:

Hustle Belt is the SBNation MAC blog. I don't know any other ones though, or if Hustle Belt is any good.

Underdog Dynasty is also there general G5 blog.

Hustle Belt is alright for what it is but you're really best off just following the local area beat reporters of each team. The MAC isn't exactly going to get anyone too many of those sweet sweet clicks.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Also this is amazing and I want to give Mac a hug.

holy poo poo hahahahaha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oregon throwing it waaaaaaaaay back this week

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Adam Rittenberg posted:

Illinois announces plans for a $132 million stadium renovation project that includes a new football operations center (locker rooms, training area, meeting rooms, recruiting area) in the south end zone of Memorial Stadium. A new grandstand will be built in the south end zone and the east stands will be updated. If approved in 2017, the project would be completed in stages (2019 and 2020).

Illinois finally has that money apparently

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That washington/stanford one rules

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

He had so many loving weird quotes like that at BG too.

E: I get what he's saying in terms of developing the program but god he loves himself some weird rear end metaphors.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Who is the Miami OC anyway?

Thomas Brown, followed Richt from Georgia but he was just RB coach there. Now he's doing that and OC.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Regnevelc posted:

fromer runningback thomas brown?

The same!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Thermos H Christ posted:

Briles will never ever happen.

Y'know you say that....

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pakled posted:

Nebraska, why?

M'lineman

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

What's all that about?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Walmart Wolverines

man do I have some unfortunate news for you if you think that's just limited to Michigan

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Oh I know, but if you're from Northwest Ohio and if none of your family went to Michigan and you didn't ever live in Michigan and you just decide you like Michigan to be a dick then I think it applies.

entirely fair

Also i read through that purdue letter from the former player and holy shiiiiit :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

how many people are you going to say "I'M IN!" to? :v:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah Doak is FSU's stadium.

If they do cancel it I'd be shocked if it wasn't made up somehow, but maybe it just won't be possible.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

knew what that was before I clicked. I love this play

Sucha great job by that WR to sell it by slapping it in frustration

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

STAND BACK, THERE'S A HURRICANE COMIN' THROUGH

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Scarf posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doZzrsDJo-4

Here's a video about the time GT beat Cumberland 222-0.

Two hundred and twenty two... to zero.

love these

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is so good. I had no idea about the baseball precursor

I didn't either, I was laughing like an idiot through most of this.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Penn State AD Sandy Barbour gave Franklin the dreaded vote of confidence

quote:

"We were so fortunate to have coach Paterno for so long," Barbour added. "He helped shape Penn State's values for so long. He was a huge part of it. James Franklin is embodying the same values: the academic piece, the social and cultural parts, the community service. The piece that's a little slow to come is the competitive piece.

:laffo:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

What's hilarious is the full quote doesn't make it any better, and if anything actually makes it worse.

quote:

"We were so fortunate to have coach Paterno for so long," Barbour added. "He helped shape Penn State's values for so long. He was a huge part of it. James Franklin is embodying the same values: the academic piece, the social and cultural parts, the community service. The piece that's a little slow to come is the competitive piece.

"If we were having issues academically or graduation rate-wise or APR or having a lot of student-athletes getting in trouble in community, I'd have the same criticisms and I wouldn't be able to defend it because we control those things."

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

What makes a person want to place a revolver in their mouth more: the FSU chant or rocky top

USC's "Tribute to Troy" is way up there too

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

General Dog posted:

Rocky Top is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CraigK posted:

lol if one of your hobbies wasnt loading up your ncaa football 200x team with 99 overall dudes and recreating the georgia tech-cumberland massacre on your naitonal championship opponent

My man :hfive:

• Locked thread