Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
What do Georgia fans do if Miami goes undefeated and wins the natty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

TCU has a high profile loss, Gary Patterson whines to the media. Big surprise.
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-baker-mayfield

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

5 games in and I'm pretty sure Willie Fritz is the best Tulane coach since I've been a fan.Take that Chris Scelfo, Bob Toledo, Mark Hutson, and Curtis Johnson.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Warbird posted:

So is it safe to assume a Vols vs Bama rematch for the SEC Championship this year?

Unless good Trevor Knight shows up on a few key dates.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

It's amazing how quickly Charlie Strong went from "we expect to be bad these two seasons, he is cutting bad apples off the team and Mack left the cupboard empty*" to "We are having too many bad seasons, this is Texas we don't have bad seasons"

*Ignores that the empty cupboard at Texas would still be a fully stocked fridge at Iowa State. A team Texas hasn't been able to score on in years.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

It was also easier to see the offensive problems were related to a poor OC, who was being replaced after last season, and the lack of a QB. The new OC seems mostly good so far, and it seems like Buechele is a solid qb, especially as a freshman. But defense is supposed to be Charlie's thing, and there has been 0 evidence of progress so far or any clear reason why it is as bad as it is. Texas has plenty of talented defensive players, the fact that they cannot tackle or force a turnover is a problem. The special teams being a complete shitshow also is a huge problem that the defense mostly has covered up until the PAT disaster. The kick returns and return coverage has been poo poo, they also had a number of special teams gently caress ups last year (see ok st). It was easier to give Strong some time when the biggest problem by far was a lack of offense and QB, and that seemed fixable. It is harder when the problems are every part of the team he is involved in and the only thing mostly working is the offense.

This is the best post on issues with Texas under Strong and I 100% agree with you. Especially on tackling. It's amazing to me how many people were fooled by the Notre Dame game. When you go into the season expecting to be a defensive powerhouse and that happens, you have defensive problems. Especially when the other team's best (or at least most experienced?) WR is knocked out by a dirty hit.

Texas would be wise to fire Strong and snag Herman or go full villain mode and sign Briles. I'd say they should try to steal Patterson but nobody wants to see Texas hire a coach that whines and makes up excuses after every big loss.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 4, 2016

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Thermos H Christ posted:

Only problem is Herman might not choose us over LSU and whoever else opens up, and then what do we do? Probably couldn't get Peterson, which leaves... I dunno, Fedora? Briles will never ever happen.

It's Texas, any good coach out there can be offered more money by them. (With maybe 2-3 exceptions.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

Still can't get over Colorado being ranked. It really is the 90s again

In 2 years, it'll be 1998 again. That means Willie Fritz will lead Tulane to an undefeated season. 2018 Ohio State is going down.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Baylor is going to get owned. http://deadspin.com/baylor-title-ix-coordinator-resigns-two-more-women-joi-1787397645
Their title IX coordinator resigned and refused to sign an NDA. (The NDA part was just mentioned on local news here.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Real Name Grover posted:

At least one game, Tulane @ UCF, has been PPD by Matthew. Will play Nov. 5.

Understandable. Stinks to lose the bye week before Houston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I don't think you know what a Cajun is.

I kind of assume most people that haven't spent time in Louisiana don't.

• Locked thread