Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Mahou Shoujou Ikusei Keikaku - TN Note: Keikaku means project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Command Ant posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if the selection process wasn't random. I still suspect that Cranberry is pulling some strings in the background.

yes, you can clearly see that Cranberry is pulling strings very often in the background, ohohohohoho (i swear to god if that's actually the joke)

drat tho. swim swim struck me as obvious cannon fodder but no. do not gently caress with swim swim. the setup of the show had me worried a lot of characters would just, be there, mostly to get killed early, especially Ruler's followers but just like with Mayoiga i was wrong. i was actually thinking the direction they were taking with Ruler was 'she actually genuinely cares about her followers but her own mistakes cause some of them to die and she has to deal with that', i didn't think she'd be offed like that, I was sure it was going to be La Pucelle doing a noble sacrifice and that's what'd bring Snow White to partner up with Ripple like all the main promo art and OP clearly points to. particularly since La Pucelle reminds me a lot of Mami even though this show isn't actually as blatantly 'i wish i was Madoka' as I thought it might be

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Silver2195 posted:

La Pucelle seems more like Sayaka than Mami to me.

hmm. for whatever reason, i dunno. i think it's probably rooted a lot in the color scheme and styling but also a bit in how she's kind of the big sister mentor figure. she's not quite as hotheaded as Sayaka but I can see she's not perfectly put together either with how she charged in at the angel twins like that.

i think we can all stand in agreement that Ripple is pretty goddamn Homura though. certainly not in actual motive, at least i hope not, but definitely in attitude

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Condiv posted:

swim swim betraying ruler was foreshadowed so hard i'm surprised people were blindsided by it

i figured it would happen, i just didn't expect it relatively soon

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
well then.

also jesus gently caress going into this show i wasn't expecting swim swim to be the looming harbinger of doom but i guess i should've seen it coming since that's literally her with the scythe in the op. do NOT gently caress with swim swim

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
well. that happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Also speaking of Nemurin, for whatever reason she's one of the most popularly drawn characters in fanart. I've seen more of her than I've seen of Ripple, Cranberry, or Swim Swim, and on a few places even more than Snow White and Alice

she of course doesn't hold a candle to La Pucelle, aka both best boy and best girl, so good to see the internet has good opinions sometimes

• Locked thread