Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I figured the posters in here would have tried the most apps for playing podcasts, hope this fits.

So my mp3 players died and I'm trying in earnest to use my Galaxy S4 for podcast playback. The default Music app drives me crazy, it forgets where I left off in a podcast.

I searched for one that remembers the position you were at, MortPlayer came up, but that one gives me no audio. A friend recommended Podcast Addict, but that one won't play from a custom folder on the SD card. I don't need it to download the podcasts or anything.

Pretty much just looking for any app that can play an mp3, you can choose which folder to browse, and won't keep forgetting where you left off when you minimize the app. Thanks.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
I believe the current version of VLC will do this.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Thanks there, that's doing the job nicely

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
This is some seriously 2004-era poo poo. What are you doing with folders and mp3s and stuff? Are you not subscribed to rss feeds?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Riptor posted:

This is some seriously 2004-era poo poo. What are you doing with folders and mp3s and stuff? Are you not subscribed to rss feeds?

I hope it never goes out of style myself, I love files and folders babay!

• Locked thread