Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
it's gonna be poo poo and im gonna love hatewatching this show, IM PUMPED :sludgepal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Awww, these are cute.

this version of TWD shows much more promise than the upcoming season does

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I suppose we can post about them in spoiler tags. I wanna hear the spoilers at least and mock anyone who was wrong!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Reivur posted:

But now the first few pages of this is a universal "woot hate its out of ideas like always lol how dis poo poo still on" by some of the same people who were giving it fellatio months ago. I get the finale deflated the season significantly but wut? @ some of the ret-cons of how people were treating the season/show.

i just really enjoy grudgewatching this show, it's gonna take more than one okay half-season to turn around this supertanker of whining that is myself

upcoming season is promising tho, with lots of absurd poo poo that might happen + trevor phillips of gta5 fame

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
p good ep, negan rly cool and interesting
nice to see rick get truly owned and give in, some good acting on his part there and a refreshing change in character

i tabbed out for the gross parts cause i know from experience that i handle that poo poo poorly and lie awake at night (did with comic at this part and that nerdy black kid that got his face pulled off)

the big question is how many terrible filler episodes were gonna between now and the next finale :negative:
hopefully very few

and carl terminally needs a haircut

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

moist turtleneck posted:

Well? Did any of you lose your favorite character? AE is probably to blame. #tbt

bleeped bad words for the innocent

RIP (Start of meltdown): http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745970&userid=99218#post457676183

Jokes on you AE, Negan is my favorite character :smuggo:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

galenanorth posted:

During the All Out War storyline, Dwight kidnaps Eugene to try to make him make bullets for Negan's side. Then he acts as a double-agent for Rick's side by doing things like stalling for time and taking out everybody in a squadron he's leading while Negan's not around, so he can blame Rick's side. Negan's side lobs a grenade and it blows Heath's leg off. Negan returns a kidnapped character as a walker with a hood over her head, and the walker bites Denise's forearm. She decides to use the time to save Heath instead of amputating it.

Maggie takes over Hilltop. After the war, there's a 2-year timeskip of prosperity during which Eugene apparently built a windmill. Alexandria uses bullets as currency, and Michonne found an Oceanside community in North Carolina that supplies their fish. Carl decides to be a blacksmith in Hilltop and Rick bids him farewell like a parent seeing a kid off to college. Soon after, two bullies are jealous of his dad's fame and try to assault Sophia (Enid). Then they throw a brick at his empty eye socket. Carl goes all PTSD and hammers their heads in with shovels real good. Maggie sends Carl goes to jail for long enough to placate a mob. They capture Alpha's daughter (Lydia) and agree to let her go in exchange for peace, but not before Carl falls in love with her.

Gregory tries to poison Maggie incompetently. Rick is talking to Andrea (Michonne) about how he spared Negan because the need to be civilized is greater than ever. It cuts to Maggie hanging Gregory in the public square. There's a fair/carnival being held were a crowd of people from all four communities gather to celebrate the peaceful, prosperous timeskip. Rick finds out about the hanging, and Maggie and Rick have a fist-fight in front of a huge crowd of all four united communities. The Whisperers draw away 12 people from the fair by blending in with the crowd and kill them while no one is looking and use their heads on pikes to demarcate a border, including Rosita's head and Ezekiel's. Carl and Lydia gently caress and she licks his eye socket.

Comic fans highly suspect they're going to give all Dwight's storylines to Daryl.

how to not spoiler tag

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Hobo Clown posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if tonight ends up being a Carol & Morgan episode, and we don't even see Rick or Negan

I would be surprised if this WASN'T the case. It's usually how TWD operates.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
i thought when that goofy black kid got his face pulled apart while we had to watch up close last season was much more horrific than glenns death
that poo poo was hosed up

i really liked him too :negative:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Did anything of consequence happen in the Tara episode? I can't take her character or her face, but i watched the first and last couple of minutes and it seemed like a self-contained episode.

also lol at magically teleporting Jesus

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Lycus posted:

Michonne's storyline for the rest of the season is just be gonna be her going to various locations when Negan's not there.

*Michonne arrives at Alexandria* Take me to Negan.
*Michonne arrives at the Kingdom* Take me to Negan.
*Michonne arrives at the prison* Take me to Negan.
*Michonne arrives at S.T.A.R. Labs via interdimensional portal* Take me to Negan.
Oliver Queen: LISTEN I MICHONNE I NEED TO KEEP A SENSE OF NORMALCY
*Barry Allen is sad about timetravel*

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
It's cool that they made a good character out of the priest, i think he just unceremoniously died or something in the comics if there even was a priest. Also really nice to see The Wire actors get well paid work.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Gortarius posted:

Man, they should just introduce orcs, ninjas, timetravelers, skeletons, anime characters and ghosts and all the rest.

HELLO MY GOOD MAN HAVE YOU HEARD THE WORD OF Z NATION

i wish z nation actually had all that

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Someone new in charge of music it sounds like, corny, but i really liked it. P good opening episode as always with Z Nation inspired grand zombie carnage. Now i await the litany of filler episodes until the next good episode which will be the season finale.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Blazing Ownager posted:

I have to admit every single thing like "How much more can we take!?" is hilarious when you consider that the timeline is pretty much like under two weeks since the start of this poo poo. I mean they JUST noticed Daryl was missing or something.

The passage of time atm in this show is definitely really stupid, but there's so much other dumb stuff to notice that i honestly hadn't even thought about that yet.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Just watching the finale now cause i ran out of good stuff to watch. I also ran out of bad stuff to watch, so now i'm watching TWD LOOOOOOLLLLL

Anyway, what kinda rifle is Darryl using when the tiger, kingdom and etc comes? Triangle shaped looking rifle, looks more like some kinda future rifle from The Expanse, but i'm assuming it's a real weapon.

edit: lol that fight scene was so loving goofy, the music, the choreography, the BATTLE SPEECH and the cgi tiger. episode was okay once i had skipped everything about sasha

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 25, 2017

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

juggalo baby coffin posted:

can we just have negan kill everyone in alexandria except for daryl and carl and then have the show be about those three & eugene going on adventures?

everyone else in the show is some kind of retarded charisma vacuum. Rick's gang has killed at least as many people as negan's, and way more of negan's people than he's killed of their, but they're the good guys because they spend their entire lives crying instead of being entertaining.

Daryl and Carl is just gonna mope for 10 seasons straight tho after that. Negan can kill everyone, and then him, Trevor Phillips and the autistic goon, Eugene can go on adventures loving up survivors all over the place.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I will never understand the love for Negan. Someone being the cool guy and sardonic doesn't make them a good character.

He is loving with and crushing the heads of characters i have been annoyed with for literal years, please kill everyone Negan! Plus actor does a better job than anyone else on the show, and by virtue of being new and relatively untouched by the TWD writers is still interesting. That's why i like Negan a lot.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 26, 2017

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
trailer for next season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ow-nxswazg
looks like there are some fun scenes, but question is always how much filler there is between them
and im gonna nut from complain-posting about that fake beard, loving lol

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
FtWD is actually a good show then suddenly from season 3(?) and onward? Do you have to suffer through the previous seasons to appreciate the show or can i just start where it gets good?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
What happened with (possible upcoming season spoilers) those skinwalking people and Neagan? I stopped reading the comics, but i'm curious.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I loving love hate-watching this show, every god drat monday i get some good food, good drinks and i mercilessly rip into this trash show while howling with laughter until my cats are trying to claw through the walls to escape the never-ending cacophony of pure madness, spit, laughter and tears.

Only pussies quit TWD, real men ARE BORN INTO HATRED

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Oh, man all these negative comments from defeated posters has got me ROCK HARD AND IM GOING IN. Don't worry friends, if you cannot take this non-stop shoveling of feces into your mouths anymore, i will eat it for all of us :nexus:

I loving HATE THIS SHOW

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHH

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
HELL YEAH THAT WAS loving HORRID :barf:

Negan + preacher in the back of the trailer is 110% gonna be an entire episode any moment now.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Orunitier posted:

The zombies rolling down the hill was fun at least.

I laughed a hearty lol at that scene. loving confused extras rolling down a hill like a bunch of children playing, one redshirt just stands there looking at it "w-woah!" and then half a second later a zombie stands up within hugging distance and eats him "HOW COULD I HAVE FORSEEN THIS"

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Glenn died first episode last season tho and nothing happened this seasons first episode.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

moist turtleneck posted:

there's like no tension in these lines

yes, but enough about the script

HEEEEEEEEEEEYOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

warcrimes posted:

since I've sleptwached through the last season and a half,. has it ever been explained why trash peeps talk like the Lost Kids from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome?

How much time has passed since the outbreak anyway? I refuse to believe that enough time has passed for even the most mentally challenged people in the world to develop their own ecosystem and dialect in a trashyard.

I know this because Rick hasn't done it yet :lol:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
If they actually kill Carl that is p lol and stupid of them. Gonna have to re-write so much of the upcoming story then, but thankfully the TWD writers are masters of their craft and can spit out engaging scenes and storylines without even breaking sweat!

Much easier to just cast a older actor in the timeskip anyway. That's why i don't buy it, there's no way the TWD writers sat down and said "lets write our own giant complicated story from now on!" and if they did they need to stop smoking crack :lol:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Astroman posted:

Having a show do such an about face on it's entire premise is rare though, and only a handful have tried. For all it's faults (and inferiority to the should-not-have-been-cancelled-in-it's-place Sarah Connor Chronicles), Dollhouse is one of those.

Can't see Gimple and Kirkman having the balls.

Didn't Dollhouse do that about face because they knew it was gonna be cancelled? So instead of doing another Firefly again they opted to rush to the ending? I really liked Dollhouse, but it's been so long now that i can't really remember.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

FlamingLiberal posted:

Angela Kang (one of the show's writers) is now the new showrunner for TWD. Gimple has been promoted to a position that oversees both TWD and FTWD.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/walking-dead-scott-gimple-angela-kang-showrunner-renewed-season-9-1202624753/

Did she write any of the good episodes? Wait this show has no good episodes :negative:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

BonoMan posted:

I think everything about this leaked photo - from the content in relation to the show and in relation to "you're gonna leak something and this is it?" - says everything you need to know about the current state of TWD.

"o-oh NO NOT THE *gasp* GAZEBO"

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

LadyPictureShow posted:

Putting out the gazebo will take a whole loving episode’ I’m sure.

there will also be a flashback episode to show what the gazebo was like before the outbreak

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
It's so baffling to me that they went with "uhh kill him lol FOR THE LULZ" when the option to swift to a adult actor in the time skip is RIGHT THERE. "its edgy u puss, you dont understand SHOW development :smug:"

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I'm one season behind at this point. I could hatewatch this show up until then, but i think i'm finally broken!

Edit: i read this thread tho and watched the gifs from last season so it's not like im not caught up or anything, maybe it was even a better experience than actually watching the show!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Astroman posted:

So who are you? What is your name?

Up up.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Carl is 100% dead then? I don't wanna watch the show, just wanna read the thread and nobody made a gif of him dying or anything :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

clown shoes posted:

Question for the room: What was the last episode of this dumb show you would consider good or at least that you enjoyed?

I can't remember the episode, but the first half of the season when they discovered/got to Alexandria had some pretty good episodes and then the show never had a good one after that.