Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

It should cause me extra pain to see Michigan dominate when MSU makes me want to kill myself this year, but loving :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

Is BYU good or do we have have a shot in hell to give State a game next week

If Northwestern's spirit animal is the lowly dung beetle, we may very well be the dung.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lol

https://twitter.com/SBNationCFB/status/784998187119501312

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Yoshifan823 posted:

I am fully on the Bronco train at this point.

Choo Choo Straight to Wherever The gently caress The MAC Championship Game Is

Ford Field. The MAC champion used to be locked into the Motor City Bowl, so if you won you got to go to Detroit twice in like a month!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Holy poo poo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Trast posted:

Michigan stays highly ranked by figuratively beating up a schedule full of pee-wee league teams and one close game with the Badgers. Legacy! Harbaugh! :giant wet fart:

Colorado is pretty good this year

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/SBN_BillC/status/785568887035170816

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I didn't realize before listening to this week's Fullcast that Notre Dame has the worst record in Indiana, but that brings me great joy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

SBNation did a detailed explanation of the 10-second runoff rule. I didn't realize it could be invoked on an injury. Is it a dick move for the opposing coach to choose to enforce the runoff to his advantage on a totally normal, legit injury?

I think in the NFL it's automatic. I remember the Bucs lost a game to it a couple of years ago because Mike Evans got injured on the reception that put them in field goal territory.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

And Michigan also recorded 23 QB hits in this game. Your QB played an amazing/heroic game hanging in to hit deep balls over the middle which was definitely a weakness of Michigan (that honestly hasn't really been tested since or again until the OSU game RIP) but I'm not sure it was really a viable long term strategy injury or no.

It might make you feel better to know that Michigan will be graduating/almost surely losing to early entry NFL draft:

Top 2 RBs
Top 2 WRs
LG, RG, RT (and LT likely will not be healthy from his catastrophic knee injury vs Wisconsin)
FB
TE
Entire starting D-Line
2/3rds of starting LBers (including Peppers)
Top 3 CBs (unless Jeremy Clark gets a 6th year for his destroyed ACL)
Both starting safeties
Kicker/Punter

So by my count that would be 19 out of 22 starters on offense/defense. They'll be returning QB (who is bad), C and an OLB. That's it. Admittedly the backup D-Line are really really good and play a lot but still...there's no way Michigan doesn't take a huge step backward next year unless Harbaugh really turns out to be in a Saban tier of coaching.

I thought Peppers was a true sophomore? Has he really been there three years already?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

pillsburysoldier posted:

This NCSU is cool and boring at the same time

NC State are the most generic program in college football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
54 points at home to a team led by Clayton Thorson. Just forfeit the rest of the year.

• Locked thread