Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Deathwatch Strike Cruiser Purgation of Hope current location REDACTED.

The Purgation of Hope has been in the possession of the Deathwatch for as long as there are records of the Deathwatch. That the Deathwatch have in the care a strike cruiser is rare enough, as the Deathwatch typically does not contain a large fleet. What is even rarer is the fact that this particular strike cruiser has technology not seen on any other vessel.

Besides the standard facilities such as Thunderhawk launch bays and armories; the ship has other unique archeotech. Bow mounted drop pod launchers allowing the ship to fire pods in a forward arc, a fully functioning manufactorum capable of repairing any number of astartes vehicles, a teleportorium with range that far exceeds any other known device, and other, more bizarre pieces of tech magics.

The ship is able to accomplish this due to most of the interior being given away to these systems, meaning it can carry few space marines. A problem for other chapters, but not for the Deathwatch. You are the Watch members assigned to the Purgation. No ordinary Deathwatch Astartes are assigned to this vessel. The Purgation goes wherever in the Imperium it is needed, as such, the most senior and dedicated members of the watch are assigned to this vessel.

Your mission, is to go where ever the Ordos Xenos deems the most urgent threats in the Imperium. The marines of the Purgation are often the Imperium's last resort, and their missions are typically missions where the killteam succeeds, or the entire team perishes.

Hello, and welcome to an interesting Deathwatch game. Me and other forum member John Dyne had talked about the episodic nature of Deathwatch, and how it would be interesting to run a co-Gmed campaign, and this system seemed a good fit. The plan is for he and I to take turns running scenarios. For example, Dyne may run the first one, and then I would run the next, and so on. So the other one of us isn't doing nothing while the other is running the game, each of us are going to be making our own astartes to play as and swap them out on the fly. Our characters are likely going to be devastators or assault marines so that way we can always compliment the group, but don't take that to mean that you cannot also app those roles. We will be making picks without our characters in mind.

Character creation is as follows:

1. You have 27,000 exp, which should be part way into rank 4
2.You have 25 renown, putting you at respected.

You are no ordinary astartes. You are experienced in the ways of war and have either served with the Deathwatch for a long time, or were of high renown in your own chapters before joining.

Other creation rules:
1. Roll stats (10 sets, drop the lowest), wounds, fate, and anything else. Please use orokos when you do so.
2. Feel free to use the advanced power armor rules and creation from Rites of Battle. You can Adjust the roll for your armor Mark up or down one, same as with your history. You can adjust the 10 back round to 1, and vice versa.
3. Advanced specialties are allowed, except for Dreadnought (you won't have the renown) or First Company Veteran (while distinguished, none of you will have earned the Crux Terminatus yet).
4. Deeds are allowed.
5. Any of the chapters contained in any of the Deathwatch books are allowed. Please no Custom Chapters.
6. We will be using the weapon damages listed in the Errata, found here

Recruit shall be open for as long as dyne and I want I guess.

Werix fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Reserved for Misc stuffs like house rules and the like.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

A veteran of the 1st Tyrannic War, Marcus was a Tactical Marine of the 3rd Company during that engagement, favoring the Flamer as a pointman in the battles against the swarm for control of the polar fortresses. He distinguished himself as well as any Ultramarine did during the Battle of Macragge. While the survivors of his company were formed into task forces for the Cleansing of Espandor, Marcus was seconded to the Deathwatch to pass on the lessons they learned and to learn more about the common enemy. Leadership came naturally to Marcus and he was able to keep his Marines focused on the task at head, regardless of Chapter composition.

He developed a reputation as a ruthless but honorable Kill-Team leader. He would do his best to learn of the customs of the other battle brothers under his command, the issues of honours that must be respected and adhered to, and he would do his best to mediate over all disputes or at least ensure they had an honorable outlet through duels. On a mission though, Marcus would tolerate no insubordination, no petty clashes between battle brothers, especially if the Tyranids were the enemy to be eradicated. All that mattered was how best to accomplish their missions in the name of the Emperor of Mankind.

Eventually his first vigil came to an end and Marcus returned to the Ultramarines, passing on valuable lessons on fighting not just the Tyranids, but the Eldar, the Tau, and of course the Orks. He took his place in one of the squads of Tyrannic War Veterans and quickly became one of the most respected members of his squad, second only to their Sergeant who led them to victory time after time. He spent the years prior to 817.M41 deployed across the galaxy under Chaplain Cassius’s direction, fighting tendrils of the Tyranid Hive Fleets and helping to save systems from being consumed by the Tyranids.

Recently he was recalled straight from the battlefield by an urgent astropathic message, calling for all veterans of the Deathwatch to return to Watch Station Erioch to stem the tide against the Tyranids in the Orpheus Salient. Marcus bid his brethren farewell and hopped aboard the black Thunderhawk that would take him to its mothership, the Purgation of Hope. Marcus can rest easy knowing that his brother Ultramarines are purging the Hive wherever they see it in the galaxy. They can continue the fight without him. He now returns to stand the vigil, until every last Tyranid is purged from this galaxy.

pre:
Name: Marcus
Chapter: Ultramarines
Specialty: Deathwatch Tactical Marine
Advanced Specialty: Tyrannic War Veteran
Solo Mode: Favored Son
Special Abilities: Tactical Expertise, The Scars of Experience
Personal Demeanour: Calculating
Chapter Demeanour: Honour the Codex
Chapter Past: Tyrannic War Veteran

Characteristics:
WS  44 (39 + 5[Chapter])
BS  44 (44)
S   42[62] (42)
T   42 (42)
Ag  44 (44)
Int 42 (37 + 5[Advances])
Per 44 (44) 
WP  50 (45 + 5[Advances]) 
Fel 61 (46 + 5[Chapter] + 10[Advances)
Wounds: 23
Fate: 3
Renown: 32 (Respected)
Insanity: 0
Corruption: 0

Experience: 27,000/27,000

Advances:
Rank 0 Deathwatch Tactical Marine (12,000-12,999)
Simple Fel Advance (200)
Intermediate Fel Advance (500)
Simple Int Advance (500)

Rank 1 Deathwatch Tactical Marine (13,000-16,999)
Advanced Specialty: Tyrannic War Veteran (1,000)
Acrobatics (500)
Air of Authority (500)
Awareness +10 (300)
Command +10 (400)
Double Team (200)
Rapid Reload (200)
Resistance (Poisons) (500) [Scars of Experience]
Simple WP Advance (200)

Rank 2 Deathwatch Tactical Marine (17,000-20,999)
Campaign Deed: Return to Duty (400)
Command +20 (400)
Fearless (1,000) [Scars of Experience]
Hip Shooting (500)
Hunter of Aliens (800) [Scars of Experience]
Mighty Shot (500)
Talented (Command) (500)

Rank 3 Deathwatch Tactical Marine (21,000-24,999)
Cleanse and Purify (400)
Duty Unto Death (800)
Iron Discipline (600)
Rapid Reaction (500)
Simple WP Advance (200)
Tactics (Defensive Doctrine) (400)
Tyrannic War Stratagem: Cleansing Flame (1,000) [Scars of Experience]

Rank 4 Deathwatch Tactical Marine (25,000-29,999)
Tyrannic War Stratagem: Grenadier (1,000) [Scars of Experience]
Tyrannic War Stratagem: Slaughter the Swarm (1,000) [Scars of Experience]

Skills:
Acrobatics
Awareness +10
Ciphers (Chapter Runes)
Climb
Command +20
Dodge
Common Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Deathwatch, Imperium, War)
Concealment 
Drive (Ground Vehicles)
Forbidden Lore (Deathwatch, Inquisition, Xenos)
Intimidate
Literacy
Navigation (Surface) 
Scholastic Lore (Codex Astartes)
Silent Move 
Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic)
Tactics (Assault Doctrine, Defensive Doctrine) 
Tracking

Talents:
Air of Authority
Ambidextrous
Astartes Weapons Training 
Bulging Biceps
Cleanse and Purify
Deathwatch Training
Double Team
Duty Unto Death
Exemplar of Honour
Fearless
Hatred (Tyranids)
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Hip Shooting
Hunter of Aliens
Iron Discipline
Killing Strike
Mighty Shot
Nerves of Steel
Peer (Deathwatch)
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Poisons, Psychic Powers)
Talented (Command, FL: Xenos)
Tyrannic War Stratagem (Cleansing Flame, Grenadier, Slaughter the Swarm)
True Grit
Unarmed Master  

Traits
Unnatural Strength/Toughness x2

Gear
Astartes Mk. 7 Aquila Power Armour
Core: Death is Joy 
Astartes Bolter
- Fire Selector
- One clip of special issue ammo (max 25 Req)
Astartes Bolt Pistol
Astartes Chainsword
Astartes Combat Knife
3 Astartes Frag Grenades
3 Astartes Krak Grenades
Repair cement
Chapter Trapping: Heraldry Scroll

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 17, 2016

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Krim gazed out across the Chogoris steppes. The last time he'd seen them he was still mortal, and so he saw them now as if for the very first time. How had it come to this? Krim knew. He could hear the arguments as if the old man himself were there. Doubtless even now he was speaking them to the Chief Apothecary. "He was too young, they'd rushed his ascension based on talent alone, ignoring temperament. Had he still been mortal he would still be in the prime of life, it was only natural that his blood ran hot." Altan was always lecturing and explaining and pontificating. How his early achievements had swelled his ego, and denied him the virtue of patience. Which Krim thought was a tad unfair, given his record against the Eldar as a scout. You did not hunt down those witches without a kind of patience. Great hunters, as the White Scars themselves were, there was surely no greater foe in the Imperium. But there was a difference between spending a week lying in wait under a rock, and spending a century doing routine gene histories and telling neophytes to look up and cough. That was the patience Altan claimed he lacked.

Even when Krim had laid him out, feeling the bones in Apothecary Altansarnai's face shatter beneath his blows, the old medic had laughed as if Krim had only proved his point. When Krim had complained that all of the Apothecaries assigned to brotherhoods for field work all had so many service studs they looked like they'd taken autocannon fire to the face, Altan had told him he should work his frustrations out through his poetry. How would poetry help deal with the centuries it would take before Krim got to serve in battle once more. No one had stopped him when he reduced Altan's face to burger. No one had stopped him as he stormed out. No one had followed him on his trek through the mountains to the plains or to the river upon which he now camped. Krim tried to take the old mans advice now, scratching calligraphy into a rock with a scalpel he'd absentmindedly taken with him. He examined his latest verse:

I will have my spirits high and be cool inside,
O will crumble stones; nothing can stop me on my way,
I won’t cast a glance anywhere else; my soul will not take joy,
Altansarnai, the elder of Chogoris will have his say.

Krim grimaced. It was ok. Doubtless when he presented it to Altan he'd label it narcissistic. He supposed he had to go back now. He'd kneel at his masters feet and atone for his crimes in whatever way he saw fit.
When he made it back to Quan Zhou Altan was waiting for him outside the gates, his face still misshapen and discolored.
"You've ruined your silks. Our chapter serfs work many hours to make even a single yard. Wasteful."
"Forgive me."
Krim placed the poem at Altan's feet. The old apothecary took it and read while Krim waited, head bowed. Every once and again the Apothecary would smile at a verse. Suddenly he threw the stone off the mountain, shattering it on the cliffs below.
"Can you think of nothing but yourself? Your feelings, your honor, your strength? Fool."
"Forgive me."
"Shut up. You've done nothing to deserve forgiveness. But even so, you will finally have the fighting you seek. But you will not find it here, with your brothers. You will go take your armor, and have it painted black. You will not speak to me again, until you have returned from Talasa. If you return."
Krim stood and left for his quarters, mind ablaze with questions. Was this an honor? Or an exile. Before he entered the fortress he heard Altansarnai's voice call out: "And don't ever say I never did anything for you, ungrateful whelp!"

pre:
Name: Krim the Youngblood
Chapter: White Scars
Speciality: Apothecary
Demeanour: Son of the Steppes
Past: The Hunt
Chapter Trappings: Torandor Pelt (+2 to Toughness Tests)
Characteristics:

WS:   43 (+13 
BS:   38 (+8
S:    46 (+16
T:    47 (+17
Agi:  54 (+19 +5
Int:  61 (+11 +20
Per:  43 (+13
WP:   46 (+11 +5
Fel:  40 (+10

Wounds: 20
FP: 3

Skills:
Awareness
Ciphers (Chapter Runes)
Climb
Dodge
Common Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Imperium, War)
Concealment
Drive (Ground Vehicles) +10
Intimidate
Literacy+20
Medicae
Navigation (Surface) +20
Silent Move
Survival +20
Tactics (Assault)
Tactics (Stealth and Recon)
Tracking
Trade (Remembrancer) +20

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Berserk Charge
Born in the Saddle
Bulging Biceps
Foresight
Hatred (Dark Eldar)
Hipshooting
Killing Strike
Nerves of Steel
Polyglot
Quick Draw
Resistance (Psychic Powers)
Lore: Scholastic (Beasts)
Sprint
Talented Drive
True Grit
Unarmed Master
Wisdom of the Ancients

Traits/Other:

Unnatural Strength (+2)
Unnatural Toughness (+2)

Gear:

XP Spent       27000/27000

Navigation (Surface) +10 500
Navigation (Surface) +20 500
Survival 200
Survival +10 300
Survival +20 400
Tactics (Assault) 300

Berserk Charge 600
Born in the Saddle 1000
Foresight 500
Hatred (Dark Eldar) 500
Hipshooting 500
Sprint 600
Talented Drive 500
Wisdom of the Ancients 1500
INT 1 200
INT 2 500
INT 3 1000
INT 4 1500
Trade (Remembrancer) 600
Literacy +10 200
Trade +10 400
Literacy +20 200
Trade +20 400
Drive +10 800
Polyglot 500
Lore: Scholastic (Beasts) 200

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 16, 2016

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

1. Why did you join Deathwatch?
The Emperors Tarot said it was time second a Librarian to the Deathwatch. Lord Tyberos selected me. I am here to serve both as a warrior and a mystic.

2. Have you just joined or have you been here awhile? If the latter, why have you stayed ?
“I’ve been here around five years. I will likely remain for quite some time, until I die, or I am picked up. It’s alright, here, I suppose. You get to kill new and exotic forms of xenos.
But I can’t say I’ve made too many friends, though. I’ve sensed that other Marines are “perturbed” by me. But really, it’s just inter-chapter cultural differences. Space Wolves drink alcohol, Imperial Fists self-flagellate, I sleepwalk, and sometimes I like to sneak up on people and scare them. Or I’ll flense skulls and then carve them. Some imperial fists have complimented my handiwork actually. It was quite flattering.

3. Which of the major xenos species do you think poses the greatest threat for humanity, and why?
Instead of answering your question properly I will say that Chaos is the biggest threat.

pre:
Name: Amity
Chapter: Space Sharks
Speciality: Librarian
Renown: 25 (respected)
Chapter Demeanour: WATCHFUL FOR WEAKNESS
Chapter Past: Member of the Red Brethren
Personal Demeanor: Pious

Characteristics:
WS: 73 (30+18)(+5 chapter)(+5 armor)(+15 advance)
BS:  47 (30+12)(+5 armor)
S:    72 (30+12)(+30 armor) (SB=11)
T:    42 (30+12)    (TB=8)
Agi:  43 (30+13)
Int:  50 (30+15)(+5 advance)
Per:  41 (30+11)
WP:   69 (30+19)(+5 chapter)(+15 advance)
Fel:  39 (30+9)

19, 18, 15, 13, 12, 12, 12, 11, 9, 7 

Armor: 7/9
Dmg threshold: 16/17

Movement: Half: 5 Full: 9 Charge: 13 Run: 25

Wounds:  23/23
FP: 4/4

Skills:
Awareness
Ciphers (Chapter Runes)
Climb
Concealment
Drive (Ground Vehicles)
Dodge
Intimidate
Literacy
Navigation (Surface)
Silent Move
Speak Language (High Gothic+10, Low Gothic)
Tactics (Choose One)
Tracking
Psyniscience

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Deathwatch Training
Killing Strike
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
True Grit
Unarmed Master

Psychic Powers: 
Iron Arm
Avenger
Smite

Traits/Other:
Psy Rating: 6
Fear (1)
Unnatural Strength(x2)
Unnatural Toughness(x2)

Solo Mode Abilities:
Carnage

Squad Mode Abilities:
Attack Pattern: Savage Finish

Defensive Pattern:
Bleed Them Dry

Gear:
•Mk 4 “Maximus” Power Armour 
—+10 Awareness, +20 Str, +15 FEL w/ Space Marines
—Thy Strength be Legend: +10 str
—A Heroes Shame: +5 WS, +5 BS, -10 Command
—Blood of the Enemy: Fear (1)
•Astartes Force Axe
•Astartes Bolter
—Fire Selector
•Astartes Bolt Pistol
•3 Astartes Frag Grenades
•3 Astartes Krak Grenades
•Astartes combat knife
•Repair Cement
•Scrimshaw Talismans (+5 resist psychic powers)

Total XP: 13,000/27,000
XP Spent:0 
[g]XP Left:[/b] 14,000

Purchases:

1000: Power, Rending Maw
500: Psy Rating 5
1000: Psy Rating 6

Total XP: 27000
XP Spent:  27000/27000
XP Left: 0/2700

--Rank 1: 13000-17000
500: Deed No Quarter Given
100: Operate (personal)
200: Adv Int +5
200: Adv WS +5
500: Adv WS: +5
200: Adv WP +5
500: Adv WP +5
400: Rite of Sanctioning: Bloody Tears
400: Invocation
400: FL: The Warp
400: FL: Xenos

--Rank 2: 17000-21000  
500: Psy Rating 4
400: Invocation+10
400: Psyniscience+10
500: Augery
500: Demonology
200:Ciphers (Xenos Markings)
1000: Hunter of Aliens
1000: Adv WP +5

--Rank 3: 21000-25000
1000: Power, Rending Maw
500: Psy Rating 5
400: Invocation +20
700: Swift Attack
400: Psyniscience+20
500: Psychometry
100: Swim

--Rank 4: 25000-30000  
1000: Psy Rating 6
1000: Adv WS +5

Attributes: http://orokos.com/roll/444113: 19,18,15,13,12,12,12,11,9, 7
Wounds: http://orokos.com/roll/444121: 23
Fate Points: http://orokos.com/roll/444124 9(=4)
Armor Roll: http://orokos.com/roll/444135 2 (-1=1)
History Tables: http://orokos.com/roll/444139: 1, 3, 2: core rulebook, legends of war, battle scars
History Rolls: http://orokos.com/roll/444141: 6, 3, 3total

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Oct 16, 2016

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Hey, any chance I can use one of these and just fluff it as a successor chapter or something? There's some pretty cool stuff in there and it doesn't seem too horribly broken, though admittedly my knowledge of DW is novice at best.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2b-KRdbOmU5VUszWlBQWDN1enM/view

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Chaplain Gerharrt

1. Why did you join the Deathwatch?

It was after the Feast of Blades, where Brother Mordecai of the Imperial Fists broke my jaw in 3 places and cracked my orbital bone in the final round. By the Primarch, that hurt. But I gave back just as much as I received, and he had to cut me with the gladius to put me down once and for all. There was no shame in losing to such a consummate warrior, and I was glad to see the Dornsblade in such worthy hands, but my failure still weighed on me. I had impressed him enough that he approached me for several sparring matches afterwards. I never beat him then either, but I came close. I was hoping to face him again at the next Feast. I was certain I could beat him.

It was not to be. The Dornsblade returned to the Feast without him. Mordecai had fallen fighting the Eldar just prior to the Feast. He died in a blast of unholy lightning, his sword plunged through the heart of the Farseer witch that had unleashed it. A mighty hero and warrior to the end. I could not redeem myself against him, so I have sought redemption in battle ever since. I will not accept defeat; death or victory are the only options. I have honed my hate into my sharpest blade, and I will not rest until I am dead or every last abomination has been wiped from this galaxy. When I was told that I was to be sent to the Deathwatch, I was honored beyond words. This is the very edge of the Imperial Crusade, after all. We face the worst the galaxy has to offer.

2. Have you just joined or have you been here awhile? If the latter, why have you stayed?

I have elected to remain with the Deathwatch indefinitely to serve as a Chaplain. Chaplain Androsius recognized the purity of my zeal and took me on as his apprentice. Reconciling and bolstering battle-brothers drawn from hundreds of Chapters is a struggle, but it is a weight I will bear gladly for the rest of my days. We represent one of the most important bulwarks between the Imperium and the countless xenos horrors that would see it destroyed. Our mission is sacred and it must succeed, no matter the cost. I will shed every last drop of my own blood to ensure my brothers keep their faith and complete the mission, regardless of their home Chapter. We are all sons of the Primarchs and the Emperor, no matter how different our beliefs, and we must live up to their example.

3. Which of the major xenos species do you think poses the greatest threat for humanity, and why?

I loathe all xenos, but I save my deepest hatred for the vile Eldar, in all their forms. They are not as numerous as the Tyranid and Ork hordes, but their duplicity exceeds any other race. Indeed, I regard the craftworld kin as even more dangerous than the slavers of Commorragh. At least the raiders are not led by witches and sorcerers who try to manipulate the future to their own ends. Their honeyed words and alien grace conceal cold and calculating minds; they can never be trusted, no matter what they claim. They would gladly see ten thousand human worlds destroyed if it would benefit them in the slightest. The ideal choice is to kill them before they can speak their lies.

pre:
Name: Chaplain Gerharrt
Chapter: Black Templars
Speciality: Assault Marine/Chaplain
Demeanours: Proud, Zealous

Characteristics: 9 10 5 19 11 14 15 14 6 5

WS:   57 (+14 +5 Chapter +3 Deed +5 Advance)
BS:   36 (+9 -3 Deed)
S:    40 (+10)
T:    50 (+15 +5 Advance)
Agi:  49 (+14 +5 Advance)
Int:  35 (+5)
Per:  36 (+6)
WP:   49 (+14 +5 Chapter)
Fel:  54 (+19 +5 Advance)

Wounds: 21 (20 +1 SC)
Renown: 25 (Respected)

Skills:

Awareness
Charm
Ciphers (Chapter Runes)
Climb
Command
Concealment
Drive (Ground Vehicles)
Dodge
Intimidate
Literacy
Navigation (Surface)
Pilot (Personal)
Silent Move
Tactics (Assault Doctrine)
Tracking

Talents:

Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Catfall
Counter Attack
Deathwatch Training
Double Team
Fearless
Hatred (Eldar, Heretics, Orks, Tyranids, Tau)
Icon of Duty
Inspire Wrath
Iron Jaw
Killing Strike
Lightning Attack
Lightning Reflexes
Litany of Hate
Nerves of Steel
Peer (Astartes)
Quick Draw
Scourge of Heretics
Swift Attack
True Grit
Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee, Ballistic)
Unarmed Master
Wall of Steel

Traits/Other:

Unnatural Strength (x2)
Unnatural Toughness (x2)

Righteous Zeal
No Respite, No Forgiveness
Wrathful Descent
Holy Vengeance
Armour of Faith

Gear:

Astartes Power Armour
-Mk 6 Corvus
-Gauntlets of Xirion (AP 7, +10 WS, +5 Fel with any loyal Imperial)
-Death is Joy (+2 to Critical damage, +1 to Magnitude damage)
Crozius Arcanum
Astartes Chainsword
Astartes Bolt Pistol
3 Astartes Frag Grenades
3 Astartes Krak Grenades
Astartes Combat Knife
Astartes Jump Pack
Skull Helm
Rosarius
Repair Cement
Ornamental Tabard (+2 to Fellowship tests)

XP Spent       27000/27000

Rank 1-3600

Pre-Creation Costs-12000
Feast of Blades Participant-300
Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee)-500
Two-Weapon Wielder (Ballistic)-500
Double Team-200
Catfall-200
Hatred (Heretics)-500
Scourge of Heretics-500
Toughness +5-500
Weapon Skill +5-200
Agility +5-200

Rank 2-3900

Pilot (Personal) +10-500
Crushing Blow-600
Lightning Reflexes-500
Lightning Attack-500
Hatred (Tyranids)-500
Charm-800
Sound Constitution-500

Rank 3-3200

Hatred (Eldar)-500
Hatred (Orks)-500
Inspire Wrath-1000
Fellowship +5-500
Wall of Steel-700

Rank 4-4300

Chaplain-3000
Command-200
Peer (Astartes)-500
Counter Attack-600

Power Armor Mark: 1d10 6, adjusted to 5
Power Armor History Tables: 4 4
Table #2 Reroll: 4 :mad:
Table #2 Re-reroll: 5
SotA, Base Table: 2#1d10 7 4

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 12, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Vicissitude posted:

Hey, any chance I can use one of these and just fluff it as a successor chapter or something? There's some pretty cool stuff in there and it doesn't seem too horribly broken, though admittedly my knowledge of DW is novice at best.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2b-KRdbOmU5VUszWlBQWDN1enM/view

Werix posted:

5. Any of the chapters contained in any of the Deathwatch books are allowed. Please no Custom Chapters.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Yep. Yeeeeeeeeeeeep.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Tormagoden, the Eviscerator

Good old Tormagoden in his tactical days

Let's rip and tear as much as superhumanly possible. You're a Xenos, that means you have alien guts!

Now, the above is not a rare position for a Flesh Tearer, but Tormagoden is better than most at keeping himself pointed in the general direction of the enemy. Usually. Well, sometimes. At any rate, he hasn't killed any humans that he remembers.

quote:

While he's excelled in a long litany of close assault missions, Tormagoden has yet to show any potential to advance past the role of assault sergeant. He's shown no signs of succumbing to the chapter curse, but no signs of even attempting to resist it either. In a chapter that desperately needs level headed leaders, this is considered unacceptable. Utterly lacking in ambition, Tormagoden was sent to the Deathwatch in the hopes that he'll actually find some leadership potential to live up to. If he doesn't, the Flesh Tearers have at least fulfilled their obligations by sending one of 4th company's best close combat experts.

quote:

2. Have you just joined or have you been here awhile? If the later, why have you stayed ?

Tormagoden has been with the deathwatch for about 5 years -- he's not really sure. He doesn't pay much attention to that sort of thing at the best of times, and all the warp travel is messing him up. Still, there's lots of new and exciting things to kill, so he's not going anywhere soon.

quote:

Tormagoden learned a harsh lesson when 4th company had their first encounter with the Necrons. Their usual tactics proved ineffective -- chainswords don't go through heavy armor well, and necrons like to grab your leg or get back up when you disembowel them. It was almost rude, really.

What did work was the excavation drill he ripped off a nearby mining servitor, and thus a 4th company tradition was born. When he found out that the Deathwatch had drills with power fields, he was off to the armory.

The gist here is that Tormagoden actually kind of sucks at anything but killing xenos, and the Flesh Tearers have an excess of people who are good at killing xenos. He was sent to learn from the example of better chapters, but we'll see if he actually lives up to it.

pre:
Name: TORMAGODEN THE EVISCERATOR
Chapter: Flesh Tearers
Speciality: Assault Marine
Demeanour: UNQUENCHABLE! THIIIIIIIIIIRST!

Characteristics:
total = base +roll +creation +advances +gear
WS:     76 = 30 + 18 + 08 + 20 + 
BS:     41 = 30 + 11 +    +    + 05
S: [14] 60 = 30 + 15 +    + 15 + 20
T: [10] 50 = 30 + 15 +    + 05 + 
Agi:    67 = 30 + 17 + 05 + 15 + 
Int:    39 = 30 + 09 +    +    + 
Per:    45 = 30 + 15 +    +    + 
WP:     41 = 30 + 11 +    +    + 
Fel:    24 = 30 + 09 - 15 +    + 

Wounds: 20
Renown: 25 (respected)
Move: 13/26/39/52 with jetpack

Skills:
 Awareness
 Ciphers (Chapter Runes)
 Climb
 Concealment
 Drive (Ground Vehicles)
 Dodge
 Intimidate
 Literacy
 Navigation (Surface)
 Silent Move
 Tactics (Close Assault)
 Tracking
 Pilot (Personal)

Talents:
 Ambidextrous
 Bulging Biceps
 Deathwatch Training
 Killing Strike
 Nerves of Steel
 Quick Draw
 True Grit
 Unarmed Master
 Flesh Render
 Swift Attack
 Lightning Attack
 Crushing Blow
 Counter-Attack
 Double Team
 Wall of Steel
 Frenzy
 Battle Rage

Abilities:
 Specialty: Wings of Angels
 Codex: Burst of Speed, Feat of Strength, Renewed Vigor
 Solo: A taste for blood 
 Squad Offense: Reckless Assault
 Squad Defense: Feast of Flesh

Traits/Other:
 Unnatural Strength (x2)
 Unnatural Toughness (x2)

Gear
 Astartes Power Armor
  helm of mordicus (+5 BS, +10 Command, +5 Fel w/ astartes, only +5 autosenses)
 Astartes Bolt Pistol
 3 Astartes Frag Grenades
 3 Astartes Krak Grenades
 Astartes combat knife
 Repair Cement
 1 Chapter Trapping, Grisly Trophies, +10 WP to resist being crazy
 Astartes Chainsword
 Astartes Jump Pack
 EXCEPTIONAL CRAFTSMANSHIP BREACHING AUGUR (+5 WS, +1 Dmg)
  Master effect: +10 to attacks with this weapon 

XP Spent:   26600/27000
13000 For being an astartes
 --Rank 1: 13000-17000--
 Deed: No Quarter Given     500
 Simple WS                  200
 Int WS                     500
 Trained WS                 1000
 Expert WS                  1500
 Double Team                200
 Simple Str                 200     

--Rank 2: 17000-21000--    
 TWW Melee                  500
 Int Str                    500
 Simple Ag                  200
 Int Ag                     500
 Lightning Attack           600
 Crushing Blow              600
 Frenzy                     400
 Battle Rage                500
 Sig Wargear (Augur)        500

--Rank 3: 21000-25000--       
 Trained Ag                 1000
 Wall of Steel              700
 Master Sig Wargear (Augur) 1000
 Whirlwind of Death         1000    

--Rank 4: 25000-30000      
 Trained Str                1000
 Simple Tgh                 500

Combat Block:

76	41   [14]60  [10]50	67	39	45	41	24
WS	BS	S	T	AG	INT	PER	WP	FEL

Killing Strike
Crushing Blow
Lightning Attack
Flesh Render
Wall of Steel, Counter Attack
Frenzy, Battle Rage

Exceptional Breaching Augur 2d10+26 R Pen7 Tearing, Unwieldy, Power Field, +5 WS
 +10 to attacks
Chainsword                  1d10+17 R Pen3 Balanced, Tearing

Initiative: 1d10+6
Wounds: X/20
FP: X/3
characteristics: 10#2d10 15 9 15 15 17 8 18 11 9 11
wounds: 1d5+18 20
fate: 1d10 3
armor mark: 1d10 7
history category: 1d5 5 pick one, artificer
armor history: 1d10 10 helm of mordicus

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 11, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

wiegieman posted:

Will make a flesh tearer. Do you want the usual acolyte characteristic rolling style of 10 2d10 drop lowest?

Yes.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

The greatest threat to the Imperium is that of the alien. Others may be more insidious but it is the alien who outnumbers even the untold billions of human souls. We are under siege and most do not even realize it until the xenos hordes run rampant across their planet. The Deathwatch stands counter to them in all things. We fight, we defend, we attack. We conquer.

2. Have you just joined or have you been here awhile? If the latter, why have you stayed?

I have been with the Deathwatch for just over a decade, I believe. I have stayed because it is my duty to serve the Emperor and I have been blessed with desired talents. The Deathwatch stands vigilant to meet the enemy without at every turn. I serve as I am needed, and right now I am needed here.

The vile hive mind of the tyranids. They do not simply attack the Imperium. They turn its people and even its planets into fuel for their vast war machine. They exemplify the dangers that beset us at all time and must be destroyed wherever they take root. Filthy genestealer cults must be cleansed before they can bring the might of the hive down upon a world.

pre:
Name: Brother Marvolo
Chapter: Iron Hands
Speciality: Techmarine -> Forge Master
Demeanour: Iron and Hate

Characteristics: 10#2d10 10 8 5 10 16 11 8 9 13 14

WS:   48 = 30 + 13 [+5 Advance]
BS:   54 = 30 + 14 [+5 Chapter] [+5 Advance]
S:    70 = 30 + 10 [+10 Advance] [+20 Equipment]
T:    50 = 30 + 10 [+10 Advance]
Ag:   39 = 30 +  9
Int:  61 = 30 + 16 [+5 Chapter] [+10 Advance]
Per:  48 = 30 +  8 [+5 Advance]
WP:   31 = 30 + 11
Fel:  38 = 30 +  8

Wounds: 22/22
FP     : 3/3
Renown: 25

Skills:
Awareness
Ciphers (Chapter RUnes)
Climb
Dodge
Common Lore (Astartes)
Common Lore (Deathwatch)
Common Lore (Imperium)
Common Lore (War)
Concealment
Drive (Ground Vehicle)
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus) +10
Forbidden Lore (Archeotech)
Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
Intimidate
Literacy
Navigation (Surface)
Security +10
Silent Move
Speak Language (High Gothic)
Speak Language (Low Gothic)
Speak Language (Techna Lingua) +10
Tactics (Siege)
Tech Use +20
Tracking

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Astartes Weapon Training
Autosanguine
Bulging Biceps
Deathwatch Training
Electro-Graft Use
Ferric Lure
Infused Knowledge
Killing Strike
Logis Implant
Luminen Charge
Mechadendrite Use (Servo-Arm)
Nerves of Steel
Peer (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Quick Draw
Resistance (Heat, Psychic Powers)
The Flesh is Weak 3
True Grit
Unarmed Master
Weapon-Tech

Traits:
Blessed by the Omnissiah
Improve Cover
Unnatural Strength x2
Unnatural Toughness x2

Gear:

Bolter
 - Fire Selector
Artificer armor
 - Servo Harness
 - Bring Death From Afar
 - Unknown Provenance
 - MIU
Heart of Iron
Exceptional Bionic Hand
Power Axe
Bolt Pistol
3 Frag
3 Krak
Combat Knife
Repair cement

XP:                        27,000/27,000

Rank 1                       13000-16999
----------------------------------------
Forbidden Lore (Mechanicus)          300
Intelligence +5                      200
Strenth +5                           200
Toughness +5                         200
The Flesh is Weak 1                  500
The Flesh is Weak 2                  500
Tech Use +10                         400
Weapon SKill +5                      500
Security                             400
Resistance (Heat)                    300
Autosanguine                         500

Rank 2                       17000-20999
Forbidden Lore (Archeotech)          400
Forbidden Lore (Mechanicus) +10      400
Peer (Mechanicus)                    500
Logis Implant                        500
Luminen Charge                       500
Ferric Lure                          500
Intelligence +5                      500
Strength +5                          500
Toughness +5                         500
Ballistic Skill +5                   500

Rank 3                       21000-24999
Infused Knowledge                   1000
Security +10                         400
Tech Use +20                         500
The Flesh is Weak 3                  500
Weapon Tech                          600
Perception +5                        500
Speak Language (Techna Lingua) +10   200

Rank 4                       25000-29999
Forge Master                        2000

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 19, 2016

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Corsan - Raptor Sniper

The 10th squad of the Raptors is unique. Unlike most of the Chapters of the codex, the Raptors use their 10th squad more. Before an initiate joins the other Battle-Brothers, usually still as a Scout Marine, he will serve in the 10th squad under command of a Sergeant who will monitor his progress with the rifle and with the flexibility of objectives the Raptors enjoy. Corsan is one such Sergeant. After his time in the 1st squad as a Scout Marine he was given a choice. Take the armor of a Battle-Brother, or lead the recruits as a Sergeant. He chose instead the rifle, his favorite weapon. And he was good with it. Out of the superior marksman of the Raptors, Corsan is one of the best. He has more kills than the majority of the Squads as a whole. As the Sergeant in charge of training initiates, he is unparalleled at teaching them to move silently, to stalk, to strike quietly, and to gather intelligence. All traits that the Raptor's depend on in their engagements. Since his placement as Sergeant for the 10th squad, the Raptors initiates have shown a vast improvement in their long-range marksmanship and ability to stalk and observe targets quietly.

After his first secondment to Deathwatch, he was assigned to a Kill-Team and continued the role as the long-range support and scout operations. He has had several engagements under the command of Lexicanium Raphael in a group of Kill-Teams, and also travelled alone behind enemy lines to scout and gather intel to support Raphael in his assault of the Forces of Chaos on the planet of Goln. After Deathwatch's withdrawal from Goln, Corsan was shaken from the fight. He had not expected the brutal forces of Chaos to prove to be such a challenge to the Deathwatch, the best of the Astartes. This deadly combination of Space Marine and Chaos infection show that the Forces of Chaos represent the largest threat to humanity as a whole. The wars with the xenos are simply wars of attrition, and eventually humanity will win. But Chaos... chaos is always out there, always waiting for the chance to corrupt. How do you fight against the nature of Chaos itself?

Because of his superior scouting efforts for Lexicanium Raphael, Corsan was given a choice: return to the Raptors, or stay and provide his unique scout talents to the Deathwatch. His fight with the questions about Chaos, and his need to kill more of the Forces of the daemons, have led him to stay. He and his rifle now strive to kill all of the Forces of Chaos he can find, and he will continue to fight in any way he can.

quote:

Name: Corsan
Chapter: Raptors
Specialty: Tactical Marine
Adv Specialty: Kill-Marine
Demeanor: A History of Pragmatism

Characteristics:
pre:
Weapon Skill:   	39 (+39)
Ballistic Skill:	54 (+44+5(S)+5(I))
Strength:		37 (+37)
Toughness:		38 (+38+5(S))
Agility:		47 (+42+5(c))
Intelligence:		37 (+37)
Perception:		48 (+43+5(c))
Willpower:		39 (+39)
Fellowship:		48 (+38+5(S))
Wounds: 23
Initiative:

Skills:

Acrobatics
Awareness +10
Ciphers (Chapter Runes,Deathwatch)
Climb
Command
Concealment +10
Drive (Ground Vehicles)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
Intimidate
Literacy
Navigation (Surface)
Pilot (Personal)
Pilot (Space Craft)
Silent Move +30
Tactics (Recon and Stealth) +10
Tracking

Talents:

Ambidextrous Use either hand equally well
Astartes Weapons Specialization When using the specified type of weapon, the Battle-Brother never suffers a penalty greater than –30 when using the weapon: Exotic (Basic)
Bolter Mastery +10 BS Test and +2 dmg when firing Bolt Weapon. Solo Mode only
Bulging Biceps Remove bracing requirement for certain weapons.
Combat Sense Use Per Bonus instead of Ag Bonus for Initiative
Deadeye Shot Called Shots are at –10 penalty
Deathwatch Training The Space Marine gains bonuses when fighting aliens.
Heightened Senses Gain +10 bonus to particular sense: (Hearing, Sight)
Killing Strike Spend a Fate Point to make your melee attack impossible to parry or dodge.
Marksman No penalties for firing at long or extreme range
Mighty Shot Deal +2 Damage with ranged attacks
Nerves of Steel Re-roll failed tests to avoid pinning.
Quick Draw Ready as a Free Action.
Rapid Reload Reduce reload time.
Rapid Reaction Test Agility to Negate Surprise
Resistance Gain +10 bonus to Resistance Tests: (Psychic Powers)
Signature Wargear Talent (Mk.IX Ultra-Pattern Sharpshooter’s Rifle) One item up to 20 Requisition becomes standard issue.
Signature Wargear Talent (Master) (Mk.IX Ultra-Pattern Sharpshooter’s Rifle) One item up to 40 Requisition becomes standard issue and gain an additional benefit.
Target Selection Shoot into melee without penalty
True Grit Reduce Critical Damage the character takes.
Unarmed Master Attacks do 1d10+SB Damage and lack the Primitive trait.

Traits/Other:

Unnatural Strength (+2)
Unnatural Toughness (+2)

Tactics

Solo Mode:
Marksman's Honour When firing single shots from a ranged weapon at Long and Extreme ranges, the Battle-Brother reduces the range penalty by 10.

Squad Mode(s):
Bolter Assault Those in Support Range may make an immediate Charge Move and a Semi/Full Auto Bursts with a bolter. Alternatively, they may use their Standard Attack to throw a grenade.
Dig in The Battle-Brother and those in Support Range of him can double the Armour Points provided by any cover they are currently using.
Fire for Effect The Kill-team may use their Reactions to make a Standard Attack, Semi Auto Bursts or Full Auto Bursts with a ranged weapon.
Furious Charge The Battle-Brother and those in Support Range of him may make an immediate Charge Move and a Standard Attack with a melee weapon. In addition, such is the fury of such an attack that all Battle-Brothers involved may re-roll Damage for their attacks.
Regroup The Battle-Brother may allow himself and those in Support Range of him to move up to twice their Agility Bonus in any direction, just as if they had made a Full Move Action. In addition, Battle-Brothers may reload any weapon they are currently carrying. Regroup move does not trigger enemy Overwatch or Suppression Fire.

Gear:

Deathwatch Scout Armour
AP: 6
kg: 15

- Astartes Jump Pack (15)
- Camo-Cloak (20)

Mk.IX Ultra-Pattern Sharpshooter’s Rifle
Range: 250m
RoF: S
Dmg: 1d10+6 R
Pen: 6
Clip: 5
Weight: 4
Special:
Accurate This provides a +10 bonus to hit against targets when taking single shots.
Felling (1) Ingores benefits of Unnatural Toughness (x2)
Toxic Anyone that takes Damage from a Toxic weapon after reduction for Armour and Toughness Bonus must make a Toughness Test with a –5 Penalty for every Point of Damage suffered. Success indicates no further effect from the weapon. Failure, however, deals an immediate 1d10 points of Impact Damage to the target with no reduction from Armour or Toughness Bonus.
Upgrades:
Silencer Awareness Tests to hear shots made with a silenced weapon suffer an additional –20 penalty and can only be attempted at half the normal distance.
Marksman Combat Sight
- Laser Tracer This provides a +10 bonus to hit against targets when taking single shots.
- Focal Targeter This sight increases the weapons Penetration value by an amount equal to the firers Perception Bonus.
Signature Weargear (Master) You know how to wield the weapon to maximum effect. Gain +10 to Attack Tests made with this weapon.

Total BS Bonus: +30

Astartes Bolt Pistol
- Fire Selector
- Stalker Rounds

3 Astartes Frag Grenades
3 Astartes Krak Grenades
Astartes Chainsword
Repair Cement
Trappings: Marksman Combat Sight
Characteristics: 9#2d10+30 34 39 42 39 38 37 37 38 43
Reroll (34): 2d10+30 44
Wounds: 1d5+18 23
Fate: 1d10 1

quote:

Advances:

Rank 1: (13000-16999)
Ciphers (Deathwatch) (200)
Signature Wargear (500)
Sleight of Hand (400)
Acrobatics (100)
Concealment (100)
BS Simple (500)
BS Intermediate (1000)
Astartes Weapons Specialization (1000)
Rapid Reload (200)

Rank 2: (17000-20999)
Fellowship Simple (500)
Mighty Shot (500)
Toughness Simple (500)
Agility Simple (500)
Kill-Marine (1000)
Death from Above (400)
Concealment +10 (200)
Silent Move +10 (200)
Tactics (Recon and Stealth) +10 (200)

Rank 3: (21000-24999)
Awareness (200)
Awareness +10 (300)
Marksman (600)
Pilot (Personal) (800)
Pilot (Space Craft) (800)
Signature Wargear (Master) (1000)
Silent Move +20 (300)

Tac Marine Rank 4: (25000-29999)
Deadeye Shot (500)
Target Selection (800)
Canis Salient: Stealth Operations (300)
Rapid Reaction (500)

XP Spent 27,000/27,000

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 13, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Considering putting in for either a Blood Angels Librarian or some form of shotgun scout since we have the sniper covered, maybe Dark Angels.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
To everyone apping: We dont expect epic tales in our genetically enhanced shoot mans but please provide some background, namely answer the following questions:

2. Have you just joined or have you been here awhile? If the later, why have you stayed ?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah sorry, didn't get enough time to flesh out a background last night. I'll do that soonish.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Brother Odyerus - Marines Errant Squad Sergeant

++++RECORDING CLEARANCE: OMEGA.E++++
Scribe's Notes: What follows is a transcript of a conversation between Brother Odyerus and an unnamed scion of the Rogue Trader House Ecale
--RECORDING START--

You're serious, Odyerus? You've been called to the Deathwatch and now you're going to accept?

Our oaths are our bond. You of all people should know that.

Yes, and that's precisely why you're here. We both know the oaths that bind your Chapter to my house. Doesn't that take priority?

Normally, yes. But this is the Apocryphon Oath we're talking about. This goes beyond my Chapter and all the way back to the founding days of the Imperium. It's an oath that binds all of us.

But why you? I can assure you that you're needed here more than anywhere, especially with the increase in Eldar piracy and Tau presence in this sector. Moreover, your other brothers look to your leadership to guide them and help us fight against the constant barrage of troublemakers...

...*sigh* There's rumors floating about. Something about a new ship. They need someone who's capable of more than just navigating and directing the ship. They need someone to command. As a brother of the Marines Errant, few chapters are as skilled at void combat as we. This is a duty which is well within my abilities to excel at, and I intend to do so.

But I need you to command right here! I've managed to increase profit in this sector by a margin of 237% thanks to the secure in-system routes and security protocols you've established...

This is not a bargain, young Master. When the Deathwatch calls for one of us to serve, there is nothing that you can barter in exchange for service. It is done. I will fulfill my duties and take the Apocryphon Oath. After which, either upon my death or when my vigil is complete, I may return to House Ecale to finish my term of service to your family. Until then, I shall serve them.

...Fine then. In the hopes that you shall return, House Ecale will present you with mighty gifts. One is a suit of ancient Mark V Power Armor that we've scavenged and... improved over the years. I think you'll find that it suits your ability and desire to command quite well, in fact.

And the other?

I think you'll enjoy it. I like to call it the 'Welcoming Committee'. I've had the liberty of tasking my Explorators with improving the basic design of an assault shotgun for someone of your stature. I believe you'll find it more than adequate in short ranged battles, such as welcoming any contingent of foul xenos who might happen to board your ship rather... unexpectedly.

I have no doubt that your parting gifts will help me greet them warmly, young Master. The Marines Errant thank you for these gifts - they shall never go to waste.

--RECORDING END--

pre:
Name: Brother Odyerus
Chapter: Marines Errant
Specialty: Tactical Marine
Adv Speciality: N/A
Demeanor: Shepherd of Assets, Gregarious
Past: Deck Officer

Stats: 9, 7, 11, 4, 16, 18, 10, 5, 19, 10

WS: 45 (30+10+5 Advance)
BS: 51 (30+16+5 Advance)
St: 40 (30+5+5 Chapter)
T: 40 (30+10)
Ag: 47 (30+7+5 Chapter+5 Advance)
Int: 41 (30+11)
Per: 39 (30+9)
WP: 58 (30+18+10 Advance)
Fel: 64 (30+19+15 Advance)
Wounds: 22
Fate: 3

Specialty Ability: Tactical Expertise (You can all use my Chapter Squad Mode abilities if I make a (+0) Command test)

Skills:
Awareness
Ciphers (Chapter Runes)
Ciphers (Deathwatch)
Climb
Dodge
Common Lore (Adeptus Astartes)
Common Lore (Imperium)
Common Lore (Lore)
Common Lore (Imperial Navy)
Concealment
Drive (Ground Vehicles)
Intimidate
Literacy
Navigation (Surface)
Navigation (Stellar)+10
Silent Move
Speak Language (High Gothic)
Speak Language (Low Gothic)
Tactics (Void Combat)
Tracking
Common Lore (Deathwatch)
Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
Command+20
Pilot (Space Craft)+20
Speak Language (Tau)+20

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Astartes Weapon Training
Bulging Biceps
Killing Strike
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
True Grit
Unarmed Master
Deathwatch Training
Peer: Imperial Navy
Good Reputation: Imperial Navy
Talented (Pilot)
Signature Wargear: Master
Hunter of Aliens
Double Team
Air of Authority
Rapid Reload
Mighty Shot
Hip Shooting
Iron Discipline
Marksman
Storm of Iron
Target Selection

Traits:
Unnatural Strength (x2)
Unnatural Toughness (x2)

Tactics:
Baseline Cohesion - 11 (6 Fel Bonus, +1 Rank 4, +3 Command, +1 Armor)

Wargear:
Bolt Pistol
Frag Grenade x3
Krak Grenade x3
Combat Knife
Repair Cement
Crusader Medallions - Damocles Gulf Crusade
Naval Bolter w/fire selector (exchanged for bolter w/fire selector at character creation)
Power Armor: Mark V Heresy Armor (AP 11 Body, AP 8 Else)
 * Auto-senses bonus reduced to +5
 * +10 Fellowship bonus with other Space Marines
 * -10 Fellowship malus with Inquisition and their agents
 * History #1: Skill of the Artificer, Mark 8 Elements. Component = Chest Plating (AP 11)
 * History #2: Legends of War, The Emperor's Finest. +5 to Pinning, Fear, and Command tests.
 * History #3: Deathwatch Core,  Lead from the Front : +1 Cohesion.

Signature Wargear: Welcoming Committee (Exceptional Craftsmanship Astartes Assault Shotgun)
 * Basic, Range 30m, Damage: 1d10+11 I, Pen 4, S/3/5, Reliable + Scatter
 * Upgrades: Motion Predictor (+10 BS to Semi/Full-auto), Fire Selector, Mono Weapon Attachment
 * Master Bonus: +10 to attack tests with this weapon

XP Spend (26,900/27,000):

Rank 1 (12,000 - 16,999)
Command +10 (Marines Errant, 200)
Command +20 (Marines Errant, 300)
Hunter of Aliens (1000)
Ciphers (Deathwatch, 200)
Double Team (200)
Air of Authority (500)
Rapid Reload (200)
Fellowship (Simple, Intermediate) (700)
Willpower (Simple, Intermediate) (700)
Ballistic Skill (Simple) (500)
Signature Wargear (500)

Rank 2 (17,000 - 20,999)
Peer (Imperial Navy) (Marines Errant, 300)
Good Reputation (Imperial Navy) (Marines Errant, 300)
Navigation (Stellar) (Marines Errant, 100)
Navigation (Stellar)+10 (Marines Errant, 200)
Pilot (Space Craft) (Marines Errant, 100)
Pilot (Space Craft)+10 (Marines Errant, 200)
Mighty Shot (500)
Hip Shooting (500)
Pilot (Space Craft)+20 (Marines Errant, 300)
Talented (Pilot) (Marines Errant, 500)
Agility  (Simple) (500)
Weapon Skill (Simple) (500)

Rank 3 (21,000 - 24,999)
Iron Discipline (600)
Marksman (600)
Signature Wargear (Master) (1000)
Fellowship (Trained) (1000)
Speak Language (Tau) (Trained, +10, +20) (600)
Common Lore (Imperial Navy) (200)

Rank 4 (25,000 - )
Storm of Iron (800)
Target Selection (800)
Battle Damage (300)

Werix posted:

To everyone apping: We dont expect epic tales in our genetically enhanced shoot mans but please provide some background, namely answer the following questions:

In brief, if it's not clear from the backstory:

1. Joined out of duty. He came to the Deathwatch's attention during a mission in the Koronus Expanse with House Ecale that saw a Kill-marine request passage aboard his vessel. This Kill-marine, a Black Shield named Brother Solitude, witnessed him during a Dark Eldar raid on their vessel. Together they took an Assault Shuttle and led the boarding party straight to the heart of the Dark Eldar's flagship. Brother Solitude bore witness to his leadership and his ability to coordinate with the Kill-marine, enabling them to slay the Haemonculus and his 'retinue' of strange and bizarre creatures. Upon returning to the Watch Fortress and hearing about the new Strike Cruiser, Brother Solitude recommended him for the Deathwatch. Seeking ever-greater challenges, Odyerus took the Apocryphon Oath.

Fun fact: After serving with House Ecale without the company of most of his brothers, he's not so keen on the Codex Astartes anymore - it's great for Marines, but doesn't really cater to commanding IG/IN personnel and he saw many of the strategies fail against the Tau during the Damocles Gulf Crusade. The Chapter has noticed this and, being an Ultramarines successor, decided that the best way to do away with a troublemaker is to send him somewhere else. Unbeknownst to Odyerus, they asked the Deathwatch to take him over other brothers.

2. Just joined very recently. This is his first vigil, and he'll basically be a recent arrival on the strike cruiser. The only other Deathwatch marine he might be familiar with is his unexpected ally, Brother Solitude.

3. The Tau. Having served in the Damocles Gulf Crusade, he saw first-hand the power of their technology and their insidious philosophy. Though the Imperium suffered heavy losses, his time as a Deck Officer on the bridge of the Gothic-class Cruiser The Greater Good (renamed after its exploits against the Tau in strange fit of humor by the captain) left him with solid connections in the Imperial Navy and the skills to navigate, fly, and command in the void. They're the greatest threat to humanity because they not only possess the means to make serious war on the Imperium with their technology, but their philosophy is infectious and turns humans away from the Light of the Emperor and against their own brethren and finds them consorting with foul Xenos. At least Chaos is obvious in their evil, and even they have standards when it comes to conspiring with the alien.

Edits: Let's make him less of a Space Marine Marty Stu.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 5, 2016

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Werix posted:

To everyone apping: We dont expect epic tales in our genetically enhanced shoot mans

I do. I expect rampant plagiarism where somehow your Marine's backstory sounds oddly like the plot to Gone With The Wind but with orks.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The Space Marines marched in their sleep, too tired to think for the most part. But when they did think, they trusted Kantor. They knew they were retreating but they knew they had not been beaten. They just didn’t have enough men to hold their entrenchments and defeat the Snagrod’s flanking movements, too. They could and did lick the Orks every time the Orks would stand and fight. What would be the end of this retreat, they did not know.

But Kantor knew what he was doing and that was enough for them. He had conducted the retreat in masterly fashion, for they had lost few men and the Yankees killed and captured ran high. They hadn’t lost a skyhopper and only four dreadnaughts. And they hadn’t lost the fleet at their back, either. Snagrod hadn’t laid a finger on it for all his frontal attacks, Boarboy dashes and flank movements.

The armory. It was still theirs, that slender landing field winding through the sunny valley toward Caltara. Men lay down to sleep where they could see the ships gleaming faintly in the starlight. Men lay down to die, and the last sight that met their puzzled eyes was the ships shining in the merciless sun, heat shimmering along them.

As they fell back down the valley, an army of refugees fell back before them. Peasants and Laborers, rich and poor, slaves and servitors, women and children, the old, the dying, the crippled, the wounded, the women far gone in pregnancy, crowded the road to the landing fields on trains, afoot, on horseback, in flyers and GVs piled high with trunks and household goods. Five miles ahead of the retreating army went the refugees, halting at Redonda, at Orostino, at Blackreef City, hoping at each stop to hear that the Orks had been driven back so they could return to their homes. But there was no retracing that sunny road. The gray troops passed by empty mansions, deserted farms, lonely cabins with doors ajar. Here and there some lone woman remained with a few frightened slaves, and they came to the road to cheer the soldiers, to bring buckets of well water for the thirsty men, to bind up the wounds and bury the dead in their own family burying grounds. But for the most part the sunny valley was abandoned and desolate and the untended crops stood in parching fields.

Flanked again at Blackreef City, Kantor fell back to Nycario, where there was sharp skirmishing, then to Sagarro, then south of Davaris. And the enemy had now advanced fifty-five miles from Caltara. At The Arx Tyrannus, miles farther along the hotly fought way, the gray ranks dug in for a determined stand. On came the blue lines, relentlessly, like a monster serpent, coiling, striking venomously, drawing its injured lengths back, but always striking again. There was desperate fighting at The Arx Tyrannus, eleven days of continuous fighting, with every Ork assault bloodily repulsed. Then Kantor, flanked again, withdrew his thinning lines a few miles farther.

The Space Marine dead and wounded at The Arx Tyrannus ran high. The wounded flooded Caltara in loads and the town was appalled. Never, even after the Great Crusade, had the city seen so many wounded. The hospitals overflowed and wounded lay on the floors of empty stores and upon cotton bales in the warehouses. Every hotel, boarding house and private residence was crowded with sufferers. Aunt Pitty had her share, although she protested that it was most unbecoming to have strange men in the house when Melanie was in a delicate condition and when gruesome sights might bring on premature birth. But Melanie reefed up her top hoop a little higher to hide her thickening figure and the wounded invaded the brick house.

There was endless cooking and lifting and turning and fanning, endless hours of washing and rerolling bandages and picking lint, and endless warm nights made sleepless by the babbling delirium of men in the next room. Finally the choked city could take care of no more and the overflow of wounded was sent on to the hospitals at New Rynn City and Davaris.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Frankly, boss, I don't give a zog.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Making a tech-priest from a water-world based chapter called the Aqua Marines. They specialize in amphibious transports and underwater/amphibious operations.

Their icon is a rubber duck.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

chin up everything sucks posted:

Making a tech-priest from a water-world based chapter called the Aqua Marines. They specialize in amphibious transports and underwater/amphibious operations.

Their icon is a rubber duck.

Werix posted:

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

<- Werix every time someone posts a custom chapter question

To make it loud and clear:

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Salamanders Tech-Marine

Werix posted:

1)To prove Humanity's primacy by barbecuing and eating as many Xenos species as possible.
2)He has served for a while, long enough that his experiences in the Deathwatch have inspired him to begin authoring the Codex Alimentarius Xenos, an ambitious guide to the preparation and consumption of Xenos species across the Galaxy. He intends to continue service until he collects enough material to write To Serve Man, a companion work designed to assist the common human of the Imperium with the Xenos threat.
3)Necrons, without a doubt. A chewy, tasteless chore to eat. The correct combination of herbs and spices to prepare palatable Necrons is a secret lost to the Dark Age of Technology.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Rockopolis posted:

Salamanders Tech-Marine

1)To prove Humanity's primacy by barbecuing and eating as many Xenos species as possible.
2)He has served for a while, long enough that his experiences in the Deathwatch have inspired him to begin authoring the Codex Alimentarius Xenos, an ambitious guide to the preparation and consumption of Xenos species across the Galaxy. He intends to continue service until he collects enough material to write To Serve Man, a companion work designed to assist the common human of the Imperium with the Xenos threat.
3)Necrons, without a doubt. A chewy, tasteless chore to eat. The correct combination of herbs and spices to prepare palatable Necrons is a secret lost to the Dark Age of Technology.

I feel like this was covered in a Black Crusade splatbook somewhere...

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
The official doctrine of the Imperium is Human Supremacy. Taking this to the extreme and interpreting this to include trophic levels strikes me as a very 40K thing to do.

LuiCypher posted:

I feel like this was covered in a Black Crusade splatbook somewhere...
Sweetmeats? The best drug ever?
They're spiced and roasted progenoid glands, and they don't really have an effect, but I think you do get an infamy point for eating them in front of an Astartes because of how ludicrously wastefully decadent you're being.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Rockopolis posted:

The official doctrine of the Imperium is Human Supremacy. Taking this to the extreme and interpreting this to include trophic levels strikes me as a very 40K thing to do.

Sweetmeats? The best drug ever?
They're spiced and roasted progenoid glands, and they don't really have an effect, but I think you do get an infamy point for eating them in front of an Astartes because of how ludicrously wastefully decadent you're being.

That and one of the major Chaos oriented 40k books features a marine that ascends to daemonhood by breaking into a geneseed warehouse and eating them all. Probably a reference to that.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Eating/sacrificing geneseed in general is a good way to earn a big daemony promotion, since that means you're destroying one of mankind's greatest warriors. Also I put some backstory up for Tormagoden.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

John Dyne posted:

<- Werix every time someone posts a custom chapter question

To make it loud and clear:

hey can i make a character a from a custom chapter

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Viva Miriya posted:

hey can i make a character a from a custom chapter

great now we're all gonna be scruntmarines

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Vicissitude posted:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Now we know why they try to keep the II and XI Legions a secret.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

LuiCypher posted:

Now we know why they try to keep the II and XI Legions a secret.

A legion of marines that learned how to weaponize farts and swearing into an anti-armor weapon.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Oh, you mean the Angry Marines?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

'Hated by their mother' Marines

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Techmarine Pyriel, Salamanders

Because it is an ideal crucible into which the Imperium pours the best materials. Like wargear, a Marine must be forged and honed.
An opportunity to face the greatest challenges, alongside the very best the Imperium has to offer? It is exactly like reforging the sundered armor of Mordicus in the Chalice of Fire. Before I could join the Deathwatch, I had to prove I could use the newest armor to rejoin the fragments of an ancient relic.

I have not had the privilege of serving long.
My first project in the Deathwatch was a parting gift from a departing Forge Master, an Imperial Fist of surpassing wisdom. To me he gifted a shattered breaching augur - my treasured Misericorde, the spear that pierces without fail. To me, he is the exemplar of a Forge Master, able to give so fine a gift in such a humble guise.

Necrons. Arcane in the extreme, mighty, and there's something about them attracts foolish radical Techpriests like Xenos attract radical Inquisitors.

Techmarine Pyriel posted:

Chapter Salamanders
Speciality Techmarine
Demeanour
Chapter Promethean Cult
Personal Gregarious
History By Thine Own Hands
Trapping Promethean Sigils (Tools of the Forge)
25 Renown, Respected
Rank 4, XP 1500

BS 38 (3) 33+5Armor
WS 49 (4) 44+5Adv
ST 40x2+2(10) 40+20Armor
TO 40x2 (8) 35+5Chap
AG 43 (4) 43
IN 54 (5) 44+5Chap+5Adv
PE 39 (3) 39
WP 42 (4) 42
FE 62 (4) 42+20Armor(Astartes)

Wounds 21
Insanity 0
Corruption 0
Fate 3/3

Skills
42 Carouse +42 FE
64 Security +54INT+10Adv
77 Tech-Use +54INT+10Adv+10Talent+3Trap
64 Common Lore (Tech) +54INT+10Infused
54 Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus, Archaeotech) +54INT
54 Speak Language (Techna-Lingua) +54INT

Talents & Traits
Ambidextrous
Autosanguine
Bulging Biceps
Cleanse and Purify
Electro-Graft Use
Hammer Blow
Infused Knowledge
Killing Strike
Logis Implant
Luminen Charge
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Signature Wargear x2, Master x1, Artificer
*Master Breaching Augur, +10 Attack, Promethean Blessing
The Flesh is Weak II
Total Recall
True Grit
Unarmed Master
Weapon Tech
Mechadendrite Use (Servo-Arm)
Talented (Tech-Use)
Weapons Training (Astartes)
Traits
Fear (1) in Melee
Fire-Born
*Add Proven (2) or Remove Unreliable or Unbalanced or Unwieldy
Mechanicus Implants
Unnatural Strength (+2)
Unnatural Toughness (+2)

Gear
MK IV Maximus Armor, Cannibalized, Helm of Mordicus, Terror be Thy Friend
*7 Head, 11 Body, 9 Rest
*6 Pain Suppressants
*+20 ST, +5 BS, +20 FE with Astartes, +5 Awareness, +10 Command
*Fear (1) in Melee

"Misericorde" Signature Master-Crafted Breaching Augur, with Promethean Blessing
*69 Melee 2d10+11+10+2R Pen7 Flaming, Power Field, Tearing, +10WS, +10 Hit, +2Damage, Doubles Righteous Fury, Unwieldy

Bolter with Fire Selector
3 Frag Grenades
3 Krak Grenades
Bolt Pistol
Combat Knife
Repair Cement
Augmetics
Servo-Arm
*1.5m, ST 75, USTx2
*2d10+14 Pen10
Common Bionic Heart
*+1 TB to Body
Exceptional Bionic Right Arm
*+10 delicate Manipulation, +10 ST

Banking XP towards Forge Master
I'm guessing that the Bionic Arm strength bonus shouldn't apply to the Breaching Augur since it's such a bulky weapon.

Stats: 10#(2d10+30) 32 42 42 39 35 43 44 44 40 33
Wounds, Fate: 18+1d5 21 1d10 2
Armor: 1d10 1 1d5 4 1d10 2
Cannibalized Armor, Helmet and Torso: 2#1d5+3 8 8
Cannibalized Armor, Helmet and Torso: 2#1d5+3 8 8

Omnissiah’s Calling 500XP
Talented (Tech-Use)
Exceptional Bionic (Not Servo, MIU, or Augur) Bionic Arm
1 13000-16999
13500 500 Signature Wargear Breaching Augur
14000 500 Autosanguine
14800 800 The Flesh is Weak I
15300 500 Hammer Blow
15800 500 WS+5
16200 400 Security
16600 400 Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus)
17000 400 Cleanse and Purify
2 17000-20999
18000 1000 Signature Wargear (Master) Exceptional Breaching Augur +10 to Attack
18800 800 Artificer Master Breaching Augur
19300 500 Signature Wargear Promethean’s Blessing
19800 500 Luminen Charge
20300 500 Logis Implant
20700 400 Lore Forbidden (Archeotech)
20900 200 Lore Common (Tech)
21100 200 Intelligence Simple
3 21000-24999
22100 1000 Infused Knowledge
22900 800 The Flesh is Weak 2
23500 600 Weapon Tech
23900 400 Tech-Use+10
24300 400 Security+10
24500 200 Carouse
25000 500 Total Recall
4 25000-26500 (29999)
26500 1500 Banked XP

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, we're getting a good number of apps, so John Dyne and I will be making picks sometime on Sunday. So if you've been trying to figure out what to make, you might want to decide, and if you're someone who has posted in this thread, you need to at least answer the three questions referenced earlier for your app to be considered complete for consideration.

I think we're going to come up with some convoluted system where we each pick who we want, each of us gets one strike against a player, and each of us can also nominate one player from our list who can't be stricken.

Or we'll just assign you all numbers and pick randomly. We have like a 50% chance at a tactical anyway.

Once we have picked dyne and I will post our own characters we are going to play when not running an adventure, and Dyne will be running the first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Edit: Nevermind

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 14, 2016

• Locked thread