Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Seriously, don't bother watching college football anymore this year, because Alabama is going to win again, and there is nothing we can do about it.

OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
-The ACC eats itself, as unranked North Carolina and Syracuse beat Miami (FL) and Virginia Tech, respectively (Clemson did not do this)
-Nebraska barely beats Indiana
-Baylor and West Virginia roll, OU slightly less
-Sparty...bad??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao VTech

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Michigan State's implosion is almost as fun to watch as Notre Dame's. I wish I could go back to that game and tell everyone both of those teams suck eggs instead of being an exciting matchup.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

lmao VTech

I knew these posts were a bad idea.

Crotch Bat posted:

VT is probably legit. Like super legit. Like they just played in a hurricane and beat a ranked team by 31 and terrorized an elite QB legit.

If you ever sat there and said "man, if VT had an O to match Bud Foster's D they'd be amazing" then have I got news for you.

Crotch Bat posted:

VT posted their worst D ever under Foster last year.

This year through 5 games:

#1 pass efficiency D
#2 pass D
#17 rushing D
#3 total D
#10 scoring D
#1 1st down D
#2 3rd down D

The last time VT's D posted a historically bad year(2003, then the worst under Foster), he retooled his approach and VT went 5 or 6 years a row in the top 10. He's so ridiculously good at adapting to the game around him and now he has an O around him that takes advantage of the gifts his D presents. It must feel like a dream to him.

Crotch Bat posted:

They've been putting Fuente's pre-game and post-game speeches from the past two weeks up on Twitter. Here's the UNC one.

https://twitter.com/HokiesFB/status/785266577889497088

It's really easy to see how his time at TCU and Memphis formed that chip on the shoulder attitude and it's done wonders already in Blacksburg.

It's only 5 games but it seems like such a great hire. Like just beyond the winning, he seems to get "it" at VT.

Crotch Bat posted:

It's 2016 and the ACC is the best conference in the country. What a world.

I do this out of love Crotch Bat, you should know better than to feel hope. It's like when I thought Missouri's offense might be something other than a steaming pile of poo poo this year and posted hopeful things about it.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

alabamagames.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hughxJ-ffAg

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I love my broken, unprotected QB

~Ten Years Ago~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAih_TnqPkw

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://twitter.com/SBNationGIF/status/787492308384034816

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I do this out of love Crotch Bat, you should know better than to feel hope. It's like when I thought Missouri's offense might be something other than a steaming pile of poo poo this year and posted hopeful things about it.

I was totally gonna quote those and rub it in but it felt cruel.

But then I remembered it's Crotch Bat so

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Alaois posted:

I was totally gonna quote those and rub it in but it felt cruel.

But then I remembered it's Crotch Bat so

He was totally right about the ACC part tho :colbert:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I have the sads

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

first time nebraska has been 6-0 since 2001...

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

gently caress it yo im gonna allow myself to get excited for the huskers. Already a better record then last year.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
GT won and UGA lost so it's a good weekend of football in my book.

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
Michigan State will probably be the only FBS school in Michigan to miss a bowl this year. I expected a down year, but this is pretty baffling.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
gently caress decorum, I'm doing this.

DONATE TO RAINN TO SPITE DONALD TRUMP
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794070&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Lemming posted:

Trump is a horrible loving monster, donate to RAINN because it's a good thing to do

RAINN is the Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network

Thanks to Colonel Corazon for taking the initiative:

Colonel Corazon posted:

I'm just gonna post this link periodically, someone wanna quote a RAINN link here and there too?

Help make the world less poo poo and consider donating:

Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN)

People from the Trump thread have been donating, add your posts in here if you donated.

https://donate.rainn.org/

As of 9:31 PM PST, we broke 10k!!!

10/14 3:26 PM: $14,565 :eyepop:

10/14 11:34 PM: $16,046 \o/

10/15 6:44 PM: $17,584.00 :pusheen:

HERE'S THE DEAL.

I WILL MATCH UP TO $2000 OF TFF DONATIONS TO RAINN. POST IN HERE AND IN THAT THREAD WHERE I ALREADY DROPPED $500.

I DONATED $500 IN HONOR OF WHEEZ THE ROUX.

DONATE IN HONOR OF THE BEST TFF POSTER AND I WILL MATCH IT UP TO $2000. AND KEEP DONATING. WE WANT BAMA

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
The concept of Mizzou Football should be brutally murdered with thousands of rounds fired from legally purchased assault rifles.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Florida scored 40 points today. On the other hand,

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

ur in my world now posted:

The concept of Mizzou Football should be brutally murdered with thousands of rounds fired from legally purchased assault rifles.

Ah, the James Franklin approach

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

NickRoweFillea posted:

Ah, the James Franklin approach

Nah he just destroyed his body and couldn't play a bunch because he wouldn't take an aspirin.

(come back James, we didn't appreciate you)

LLCoolJD posted:

Florida scored 40 points today. On the other hand,

It would have been so much worse if Mizzou DBs could catch too. Florida played about as bad as it's possible to play with attempting to turn the ball over and penalties and it did not matter at all. Missouri's O Line was getting dominated all day aside from one drive to start the second half and after Florida's backups came in. The D Line did a little better (not a lot) but was gassed for the whole second half from being on the field so much.

Also one of Florida's pick 6's came when the WR to that side of the field ran a hitch and the tight end was thrown to on an out route directly in front of the receiver. I mean that must have been a missed sign/busted route but the receiver was standing about a yard behind where the out route was headed and it was still maddening.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 16, 2016

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Pakled posted:

:same:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
make this into a long avatar for me

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Grittybeard posted:

Nah he just destroyed his body and couldn't play a bunch because he wouldn't take an aspirin.

(come back James, we didn't appreciate you)

He means the rapey one.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Grittybeard posted:

Same, OP

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ur in my world now posted:

He means the rapey one.

I know, I mainly wanted to say I didn't realize how good we had it when the other one was around.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I mean the Penn State one whom I believe should be domed in his big bald noggin with thousands of legally purchased rounds of ammunition fired from legally purchased assault rifles

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Not 100% sure why we've been plagued by the same exact problems for like 3-4 years now but I feel pretty comfortably in saying that someone, probably several someones, should be fired. Getting real sick of the same horrendously retarded QB play and receivers that can't catch worth a poo poo every loving year.

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo

Pakled posted:

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/787374975615242241

Also, Notre Dame lost again :woop:

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Grittybeard posted:

I know, I mainly wanted to say I didn't realize how good we had it when the other one was around.

I fondly remember bitching about him being too fragile for the SEC and swearing up and down that this Mauk kid was the real deal, man.

Lmao

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

CaptainYesterday posted:

OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
-Nebraska barely beats Indiana

B1G road teams were 6-0 today* :smug:

Tommy Favrestrong Jr. doing just enough YOLOing + the D coming up when it needed to was enough to get us out of Bloomington with a W in a game a lot of people figured we'd drop for weeks.

Whatever, though. Beat Purdue next week and just don't get absolutely embarrassed in Madison and Columbus, and I'll be happy

* Northwestern hung 54 on State in East Lansing; what in the gently caress happened to Sparty

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 16, 2016

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Directional U are all winners, Broncos improve to 7-0, MAC East continues to look like garbage. I'd like to extend a personal thanks to UNC and Syracuse for maybe helping my team move up the rankings (if Colorado State wants to get in on this and do me a real solid, that would be great, thanks)

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Virginia Tech lost to Syracuse by a worse margin than UConn! Maybe the Huskies could hang in the ACC after all!

But seriously, I don't know how to feel about UConn's season. Hypothetically, all of our losses are "good" losses in the sense that all we've lost to are the two division leaders in the American (Navy/USF), Syracuse (which is looking better all the time) and Houston. Obviously no upsets there, but that puts the Huskies within a close margin of repeating a bowl game. Hopefully they get some help from a Boston College that decides to roll over and give up on a lame duck Addazio.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The prospect of going undefeated is really exciting and awesome, and BYE was no match for us.

But man it kinda stinks knowing even if we did we'll just lose by at least 4 TDs to Alabama

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Kirby... Dumb??

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Ohio State wins in OT, can confirm realness of Satan

Wish Sparty was doing better this year, my dad's going through some health stuff and it would be nice if they could pep him up :smith:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

One does not just expect an easy win in the textile bowl

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 16, 2016

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

lamentable dustman posted:

One does not just expect an easy win in the textile bowl

My high school plays a game against the in-county rival called the UNIFI bowl, and UNIFI is basically one of the last textile companies around because they turn recycled plastic bottles into polyester.

Donate to RAINN

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
News: We apparently won a game. I dunno I didn't get to watch it or any game.

Views: Working Saturday afternoons sucks rear end.

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp
hey everyone

Iowa won go Hawks baby

and as always, gently caress ohio state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Wait I just realized

Nick Chubb is at FULLBACK here on a fourth and short

And they gave to the incredibly slight, tiny WR who motioned into the position.

• Locked thread