Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Gameday next week should be Eastern at Western

Directional Michigan supremacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

pillsburysoldier posted:

Wait I just realized

Nick Chubb is at FULLBACK here on a fourth and short

And they gave to the incredibly slight, tiny WR who motioned into the position.

This is kinda reminding me of Richt's first season - a team that should have done more than it did. Richt's similar moment was giving the ball to Jasper Sanks near the goal line against Auburn that year and it failing horrendously.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

54 points lol (yowling wildcat sound)

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

[img-SmugAlabamaLogoGrowingLargerAndLarger.gif]

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Kansas is poo poo.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Brad Kaaya earning his canes forum nickname of Brad kaka.

Because his play is poo poo you see.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I'll keep doing this until I get a response. I sent MV a PM.

CannonFodder posted:

gently caress decorum, I'm doing this.

DONATE TO RAINN TO SPITE DONALD TRUMP
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794070&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

People from the Trump thread have been donating, add your posts in here if you donated.

https://donate.rainn.org/

As of 9:31 PM PST, we broke 10k!!!

10/14 3:26 PM: $14,565 :eyepop:

10/14 11:34 PM: $16,046 \o/

10/15 6:44 PM: $17,584.00 :pusheen:

HERE'S THE DEAL.

I WILL MATCH UP TO $2000 OF TFF DONATIONS TO RAINN. POST IN HERE AND IN THAT THREAD WHERE I ALREADY DROPPED $500.

I DONATED $500 IN HONOR OF WHEEZ THE ROUX.

DONATE IN HONOR OF THE BEST TFF POSTER AND I WILL MATCH IT UP TO $2000. AND KEEP DONATING. WE WANT BAMA
[/quote]

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

well michigan state just gave up the most points ever at home to (looks at paper) that danged wildcat?

e: does michigan state still have the angry screaming teddy ruxpin guy radio show?

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Oct 16, 2016

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

lamentable dustman posted:

One does not just expect an easy win in the textile bowl

I love this loving trophy.

Also, who is Brian Kelly going to blame ND's loss on this week?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Scarf posted:

I love this loving trophy.

Also, who is Brian Kelly going to blame ND's loss on this week?

https://twitter.com/CardChronicle/status/787476848942866432/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

I feel like ND's lovely old guard fanbase wouldn't cotton to Les' trickery and magic.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Emron posted:

I hope youre prepared to be knighted.

again

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Emron posted:

I have a serious question for you... as a fan, don't you ever get tired of winning all the time? I mean, part of the fun of watching the game is not knowing whether my team is going to win or lose. But you don't have that, because you know you are going to win every game. Doesn't it get boring after a while?

As a Colorado fan, the only games I know for sure that we are going to win, are against the FCS teams with 3 separate directions in their name. So when CU DOES lose to a team like that, it just really pisses me off. I don't even feel joy when we beat those teams, because that's supposed to happen.

But for Alabama, every team is like an FCS team. I feel like if I were an Alabama fan, I would not enjoy wins, I would just get really mad when they lost, because that means they lost a game they were supposed to win

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Oct 16, 2016

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DrunkPanda posted:

I have a serious question for you... as a fan, don't you ever get tired of winning all the time? I mean, part of the fun of watching the game is not knowing whether my team is going to win or lose. But you don't have that, because you know you are going to win every game. Doesn't it get boring after a while?

Scionix link that disgusting guy who thinks Bama is going to lose every game for me again.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The good: Washington gets a well-deserved bye week and hopefully they come back focused and prepared for the stretch run. The Huskies are still a really young team so I'm anxious to see how they handle this newfound pressure, controlling their destiny for a Playoff spot.

The bad: Some exciting games this week, but no real barnburners and nearly all the favorites won, making for a boring status quo day. NC State should be kicking themselves for letting Clemson off the hook.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Grittybeard posted:

Scionix link that disgusting guy who thinks Bama is going to lose every game for me again.

im not sure what youre talking about sorry

DrunkPanda posted:

As a Colorado fan, the only games I know for sure that we are going to win, are against the FCS teams with 3 separate directions in their name. So when CU DOES lose to a team like that, it just really pisses me off. I don't even feel joy when we beat those teams, because that's supposed to happen.

But for Alabama, every team is like an FCS team. I feel like if I were an Alabama fan, I would not enjoy wins, I would just get really mad when they lost, because that means they lost a game they were supposed to win

winning is always cool and good especially when you do it to your rivals ten years and a row and also shoot their dog

and besides half the fun is watching everyone loving hate you for all time forever and drowning in their angst. when u win you get to laugh and post dumb poo poo and when u lose its a historic moment that everyone remembers forever like that one kick vs Auburn

Scionix fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 16, 2016

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV wins a game they weren't favored in and matches their win total from last year! Hell yeah

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Just got back from Tallahassee after watching FSU beat Wake Forest and having a burrito the size of a folded fitted sheet. It was a strange, joyless game, but at least we won and Miami lost, which means they are right on track to collapse completely after losing to FSU.

FSU is a loving box of chocolates this year, you never know what you're going to get, on any play, from any position. Fantastic catch or mind-boggling drop. Lockdown defense or 10 yards out of position for an easy score. It's maddening. But eh, it's kind of interesting too.

I will say again that Francois is a baller and I'm hopeful that Auden Tate is going to step up and be the guy because he's like 8 feet tall. If the two of them can get a Winston-Benjamin connection going and Dalvin Cook keeps Dalvin Cooking... well, I'd like to see that. I'd like to see that a lot.

FSU has a bye next and then Clemson. I think Clemson is beatable but again, you never know what FSU you're going to get. Hopefully it won't be the one that showed up to play Louisville.

What the gently caress Georgia.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

DrunkPanda posted:

Speaking as an Auburn fan, no.

No, they never get tired of it.

Every win is confirmation that Bear Bryant is smiling in his heaven, and Golden Flake potato chips are served at his right hand. When they lose, it is either because someone on their staff is not pulling their weight, or because the team that beat them cheated. The Alabama Crimson Tide has always been the best at football. The Alabama Crimson Tide will always be the best at football. Roll Tide, Pawl, Amen.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Tricky Ed posted:

Speaking as an Auburn fan, no.

No, they never get tired of it.

Every win is confirmation that Bear Bryant is smiling in his heaven, and Golden Flake potato chips are served at his right hand. When they lose, it is either because someone on their staff is not pulling their weight, or because the team that beat them cheated. The Alabama Crimson Tide has always been the best at football. The Alabama Crimson Tide will always be the best at football. Roll Tide, Pawl, Amen.

see what I mean? also see you in a few weeks fam ima get that rear end

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Dilber posted:

Brad Kaaya earning his canes forum nickname of Brad kaka.

Because his play is poo poo you see.

Took a solid week for both of our teams to turn an amazing matchup for the Coastal into just another Thursday night game between 2 average teams.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Scionix posted:

im not sure what youre talking about sorry

Not lose every game exactly, but about how hard it is to be Alabama and what enormous pressure they're under every week, etc etc. Oh I remembered, I think it's this. Maybe you just linked a particularly insufferable one before some cupcake game.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I finally figured out what Sparty is doing this year.

They are deliberately letting everyone kick their rear end solely to make it that much more painful when Harbaugh comes in all confident and then Michigan loses 17 -16 on a blocked punt for a TD, a fumble return for a TD, and a 67 yard FG, all in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter, and Harbaugh explodes into flames and goes Harbaugh-tier berserk, and throws his hat to the ground so hard that it becomes a super fracking well that poisons the entire Upper Midwest water supply worse than Flint.

Deep down we all know this to be true. :smith:

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Grittybeard posted:

Not lose every game exactly, but about how hard it is to be Alabama and what enormous pressure they're under every week, etc etc. Oh I remembered, I think it's this. Maybe you just linked a particularly insufferable one before some cupcake game.

oh yeah thats one of our sbnation site writers. hes like 60 years old no joke and writes like a loving windbag. he writes one of those every week, bless him.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
Idaho scores over 50 points, for the first time in over 10 years, and WINS! That was bizarre to watch as it was almost totally one sided in favor of the Vandals. I have never seen that happen. :stare: Of course nobody in Moscow cared and the attendance was low, maybe 4 to 5 thousand. But that's to expected for a "Dead Program Walking" and there have been more news articles coming out that the president of the university has been lying more and more about the facts, and reactions, about the drop down to FCS.

If we can make a bowl game in the last two years in FBS, that is a great 'gently caress you' to everything. :unsmith:

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Mizzou will go 2-10 and no one will care because 'Geez lighten up man, it's Odom's first year!!' even though the things we suck at in 2016 are the same things we've sucked at for 3 seasons now. Someone's gotta go. I demand blood.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Well, football is stupid again. Hopefully the Cyclone offensive line is less offensive going forward because that was putrid.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Florida is winning the east lol

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Good News: Texas A&M won against BYE

Bad News: Texas A&M is not likely to be within two scores of Alabama next week.

Oh well.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Turns out no quarterback can save us from being a giant dumpster fire. I knew it would be a down year, but holy poo poo. Giving up 54 points on homecoming sure was a thing. At least I got good pizza at Tony Sacco's in Lansing.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Appreciate Nick Saban, Master of the Dark Arts, while you can because it is going to be a long, long time before we get another coach like him in the sport.

I just don't see anyone keeping up really, enjoy the CFP trip and all but Bama will probably humiliate you for taking the trip. OSU seems vulnerable to Bama's bread and butter, Michigan doesn't have the aerial game to keep up, they'll lock Lamar Jackson down and I can't imagine what they'd do to Clemson. Honestly, I think Washington has the best shot of any team plus don't neglect Chris Peterson's bullshit magic in big games.

I just don't see it going any other way and it's not a slight against any of those teams above, who are all very good but what are you supposed to do except maybe try and get in a shootout and outlast them?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

pillsburysoldier posted:

Wait I just realized

Nick Chubb is at FULLBACK here on a fourth and short

And they gave to the incredibly slight, tiny WR who motioned into the position.

Why would you have the frail sickly WR lead blocking? IDIOT

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Highly important Thoguh Playoff Projections update.

Week 1: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Stanford
Week 2: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Stanford
Week 3: Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville, Stanford
Week 4: Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville, Stanford
Week 5: Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Washington
Week 6 Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Washington
Week 7: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington

Alabama continued to be Alabama. Ohio State won but looked vulnerable to a good defense so I'll slot Michigan in for now though I don't feel all that strongly about one over the other. Clemson almost Clemsoned but there isn't any other team begging to take their place. And Washington held their own against BYE.

Other teams that control their own destiny:
  • Ohio State - win out and they're in instead of Michigan
  • Nebraska - Don't laugh, if they win out they're in over Ohio State/Michigan
  • Texas A&M - Win out and they're in over Alabama
  • Florida - I almost left them off but now that they've rescheduled the LSU game if they win out there's no way the committee leaves an SEC champ out
Teams that don't totally control their own destiny but have legitimate shots without needing anything weird to happen
  • Baylor - Go undefeated and have Washington or Clemson lose and they're probably in. But they might need at least one of the Pac-12 or ACC champs to have 2 losses
  • WVU - same as Baylor
  • Utah - Win out and they are probably in but they might get passed over for an undefeated Baylor or WVU
I almost included Houston in that list but I think they need about five things to happen to get back in to the conversation. And Western Michigan would probably need the ACC, Pac-12, and Big XII champs to all be 2 loss teams plus another Houston loss to be talked about with a straight face.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 16, 2016

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

Florida is winning the east lol

Bama is going to dick us so deeply that Mac will be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LeeMajors posted:

Bama is going to dick us so deeply that Mac will be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

We'll probably lose one more SEC game tho and not make it.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Thoguh posted:

Highly important Thoguh Playoff Projections update.

Week 1: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Stanford
Week 2: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Stanford
Week 3: Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville, Stanford
Week 4: Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville, Stanford
Week 5: Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Washington
Week 6 Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Washington
Week 7: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington

Alabama continued to be Alabama. Ohio State won but looked vulnerable to a good defense so I'll slot Michigan in for now though I don't feel all that strongly about one over the other. Clemson almost Clemsoned but there isn't any other team begging to take their place. And Washington held their own against BYE.

Other teams that control their own destiny:
  • Ohio State - win out and they're in instead of Michigan
  • Nebraska - Don't laugh, if they win out they're in over Ohio State/Michigan
  • Texas A&M - Win out and they're in over Alabama
  • Florida - I almost left them off but now that they've rescheduled the LSU game if they win out there's no way the committee leaves an SEC champ out
Teams that don't totally control their own destiny but have legitimate shots without needing anything weird to happen
  • Baylor - Go undefeated and have Washington or Clemson lose and they're probably in. But they might need at least one of the Pac-12 or ACC champs to have 2 losses
  • WVU - same as Baylor
  • Utah - Win out and they are probably in but they might get passed over for an undefeated Baylor or WVU
I almost included Houston in that list but I think they need about five things to happen to get back in to the conversation. And Western Michigan would probably need the ACC, Pac-12, and Big XII champs to all be 2 loss teams plus another Houston loss to be talked about with a straight face.

OSU beat Wisconsin on the road by the same margin Michigan beat them at home :colbert:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Ehud posted:

We'll probably lose one more SEC game tho and not make it.

I have to really work at not getting my hopes up that this is the year that Arkansas finally gets one over Florida.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Grittybeard posted:

http://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
So is it fair to call my Mountaineers the biggest fraud undefeated team right now? Barely escaping bad teams and still no consistent offense. Basically, I need someone in the Big 12 to step up and make me miserable again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Hey Texas, y'all want Major Applewhite back?

• Locked thread