Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

THE PHOENIX QUEEN IS HERE

"People! The star of the show is here!"

As if planned, the Phoenix Queen steps out of the blinding light, wearing a coat of glitter and sequins designed to make it look like she's the source. It's tacky, but X-Crawl is tacky incarnate.

Sotto voce, she mutters to Photine. "A good attempt, but you want people to see you. Not a big ball of light. Consider prismatic costuming next time so we can stay on theme~"

With a wink, she turns back to the crowd. "From light into fire, the Phoenix Queen will demonstrate the most electrifying moves in sports entertainment! Keep your eyes on the throne!"

Stealing the Spotlight: 1d6 6
Bonus: uhhh... all enemies smart enough to understand what just happened are intimidated by moi?

quote:

Background: Opera Star By Day
Skills: Memorization, Disguise, Temptation, Stealing the Limelight, Rich [2]
Complications: Scandal The Phoenix Queen does not say why, but their original identity had to leave the opera world. In a hurry.
Tricks: The Crowd Adores A Star: The Phoenix Queen always knows the best way to exploit an emotional moment for the fans

Origin: Wrestler by Night
Skills: Grappling, Taking a Hit

Personalize
Skill: Deception
Complication: Pursuing A True Self: What's actually under the mask? Even the Phoenix Queen isn't certain. Too many false identities and lies have piled on.
Tricks: Method Acting: The Phoenix Queen can always act the part- whether she can look the part, that's more up to the judges.

Class: Martial Artist

Stances:

Shoot Style
While you are in this stance, add the following effect to all your melee attacks: Grab the target. While you are in this stance, if an attack misses you while you have an enemy Grabbed, the Grabbed enemy takes 2 damage.

Limelight Style
While you are in this stance, add the following effect to all your melee attacks: Target is Distracted (save ends). While you are in this stance, enemies adjacent to you cannot take advantage of Opportunities granted by your allies.

Showboat Style
While you are in this stance, add the following effect to all your melee attacks: Shift 2 squares. While you are in this stance, you may Shift 2 squares as a Move Action.

Focused Attack Encounter Free Action
On your next attack, treat your stances as though they were one tier higher for the effect and add one to the damage line of the attack. Until the start of your next turn, treat all your stances as though they were one tier higher for the passive effect. (e.g. treat Python Style as Greater Python Style) Commentary: If you have multiple uses of Focused Attack, you may use two of them simultaneously in order to further increase your damage and to treat X Style as Supreme X Style.

Role: Defender

Defense Boost:
When you take 3 or more damage, Resist 1. When you roll a 3 to 6 on an attack, regain 1 Hit Point.

Stickiness Boost:
When an enemy grants you an Opportunity, it takes 1 additional damage. You gain the Mark power:
Mark At-Will RNG 5
Target is Marked by you until the end of its next turn. (At level 4, Mark two targets in range. At level 8, three targets.)

No Sell Encounter Interrupt
Trigger: An enemy hits you with an attack. Spend an Action Point. The attack misses instead.

Feat: Wrestler – You have Advantage on escape rolls. Enemies have Disadvantage on rolls to escape your Grabs. When granted an Opportunity by an adjacent enemy, you may forgo dealing damage and it is Grabbed instead.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Hmm, they send us scared dogs as our first foes? How appropriate, OHOHOHOHOHO!"

The Phoenix Queen sheds the outer layer of her gaudy outfit, leaving her in the elegant but simple robes of a master martial artist. "Very well, let us neuter these puppies."

In a flash, the Queen dashes up the steps and while the lead gnoll wavers on making a decision, promptly puts him in a headlock. She winks at the companion to his right. "Come on, puppy. We haven't got all day here!"

Move up to the right of the flag gnoll
Shift into Shoot Stance
Attack him - he takes 2 damage and is Grabbed. Roll in r20.
Mark the spear gnoll to his right.
Init 3 - roll in r20

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

The teeth hurt, but as the gnoll reaches out to trip her the Queen plants her feet, and the spear rebounds as if hitting granite. "I'm afraid you'll have to do much better than that to put me down," she says, patting out the fire on her sleeve from the lightning bolt. "Much, much better. Something more like... this."

As the gnoll comes at her again, she sweeps the spear up, pulls the dog in, and entangles spear and fool in her sleeves. Then, she spins and wallops him with a vicious spinning lariat as the motion pulls him in. "PHOENIX WING!"

She gestures at the crowd. "When things look tough- when only embers remain- THAT IS WHEN PHOENIXES RISE!"

I spend an action point and No Sell the proning attack, ignoring it as if it missed. Siroko grants me healing and an early save.
No movement
I wallop a gnoll for 2 damage and grab him. I mark the other spearman.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

As Photine's ray pierces her opponent, the Phoenix Queen valiantly forges on, ignoring the blood. Privately, she thanks someone up there for the choice of deep red for her color.

As the dazzled gnoll reels toward her, she grasps it in a firm hand and suplexes it into the floor. "PHOENIX DIVE!"

As she rolls back to her feet, her blood stained visage through the burning flames presents a clear message as she points to the remaining gnoll. You're next.

Move to left gnoll,
BACK DROP
Mark other gnoll.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"That girl." The Phoenix Queen shakes her head. "You have to read the flow of the crowd, not just make yourself the brightest."

She sighs. "I suppose I can let her go in ahead this time."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"I did say..."

The Phoenix Queen evaluates the doors quizzically. "Hmm... that looks like ancient mumbles quietly. Based on that, it appears we should... open the chest. The contents will help us open the doors."

She strides up to the chest and begins matching word to action. "Observe! Bravery will win us this day!"

Fake Ancient Languages: 1d6 3
A twist! Also, leaning on Pursuing a True Self to refuse to admit she has no idea what to actually do here except try and take the spotlight again.

• Locked thread