Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Siroko Tuuli

The others might need impressive light shows and pyrotechnics to make an impression. When Siroko Tuuli is in the house, you already have all the fireworks you need.

While the others are one-upping each other, Siroko walks in like she owns the place. She kneels down and takes a handful of sand, rubbing it in her palm. Then she stands up, and slaps her hands together, sending up a plume of dust. As her theme music kicks in, she points to where her sisters are sitting in the stands, then throws her fists in the air.

"Enough fooling around - it's time to tear this place up!"

Trash Talking: 1d6 6

Narrative posted:

Name: Siroko Tuuli, the Whirlwind
Background: Brash Young Phenom
Origin: Psionic Warrior
Level: 1

Skills:
AutohypnosisO
Fan Club (Connections)B
MonsterologyB
PsychokinesisO
TacticsB
Trash TalkingB
X-SmarkC
Са́мбоB

Complications:
Lightning Rod: Siroko is really good at creating controversy, whether she intends to or not.
Thick Headed: Siroko is very stubborn, and generally oblivious to subtle social cues.

Tricks:
I Am the Greatest!: Siroko always knows the right taunt to get under her opponent's skin and make them angry.
Mind Over Matter: Siroko can always lift an object or obstacle if anyone can.

Wealth: Poor [1]

Tactical posted:

Class: The Duelist
Role: Leader
Speed: 6
HP: 10

Class Features:
Find An Opening: When you attack the target of your Duel, you may spend any number of points of its Focus. If you hit, increase your damage by 1 per point spent.

Focus: Whenever you start your turn, the target of your Duel takes one Focus. Then for each point of Focus the enemy has, pick one effect from the list below. It has all the Statuses you chose until the end of its next turn.
  • Harried.
  • Cannot benefit from positive effects from its allies’ powers.
  • Cannot take advantage of Opportunities.
  • Cannot benefit from positive effects from its own powers.
  • Cannot use Interrupts or Reactions.
The target may ignore your “Cannots” but it grants you an Opportunity if it does. If you spend a point of Focus on a power, remove one of the accumulated Statuses. If you are Incapacitated, remove all your Focus.

Role Features:

Feat: Super Human
Third Eye: You can ignore Blinded in circumstances where this power would make it appropriate.
Super Leaping: You can leap up to your speed, ignoring Difficult Terrain and only granting Opportunities for moving during the first square of your movement.

Powers posted:

⚔Change Target [At-Will] Make a Basic Attack against a creature. Then change the target of Duel to that creature. The original target loses all points of Focus and associated Statuses. You may only ever have one target of Duel. If you make this attack multiple times at once, choose one target to change your Duel to after resolving the attacks.

⚔Demand Attention [At-Will] [⛏/🎯5] [💥2] Effect: Target takes 1 point of Focus if it's the target of your Duel.

⚔Get Over Here [At-Will] [🎯5] [💥2] Effect: Target is pulled to an adjacent square.

⚔No Escape [At-Will] [⛏] [💥2] Effect: Target is Slowed (save ends).

⚔Melee Basic Attack [At-Will] [⛏] [💥2]

⚔Ranged Basic Attack [At-Will] [🎯5] [💥2]

⚔Charge [At-Will] Move up to your speed to a square adjacent a creature, and make a Melee Basic Attack against it. Each square of movement must bring you closer to the target. You cannot Charge through Difficult Terrain.

⚔Perfect Defense [Encounter] [⛏] [💥3] Effect: Target has Disadvantage to attack you. It makes a Saving Throw against this status each time it hits you with an attack.

👥Assess [At-Will] Roll a die and ask the GM that many questions from the list following. About an enemy: How many hit points does it have? How would you summarize its powers? What are its special traits? Is it carrying anything strange or unique?
About the encounter: Who is really in charge? What can I use against the enemies? What can they use against me? Are there hidden doors or traps? Are there hidden enemies?

👥Heal [Encounter] [🎯5] Target may regain HP equal to half its maximum (rounded down) and pick one of the following options:
  • If the target is Prone, they may stand up.
  • If the target was brought to full health, they may have Advantage on their next attack.
  • Enemies have Disadvantage to attack the target until the end of the target's next turn.
  • The target may make a Saving Throw against one status that allows one.
  • The target may attempt to escape a Grab.

👥Tactics [Encounter] One ally of your choice may spend a Move Action immediately. When you roll a 5 or 6 on an attack, you gain an additional use of this power.

◯Duel [Encounter] Target one creature within 10 squares. Until the end of the encounter, when you attack the target, any 2s on your dice are treated as though they were 4s. Special: This power recharges when its target is Taken Out.

◯Rally [Encounter] No action. You may only use this on your turn, but you may use at any point in your turn, even while Incapacitated, Dominated, or under any other Status. Spend an Action Point. Regain 4 Hit Points and regain the use of one Encounter Power from your Class (not a Role Action) you have expended.

⚡Try Again! [Encounter] Trigger: An ally makes an attack and dislikes the result. Spend an action point. The ally may reroll the attack.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Siroko Tuuli

"Spoiler: it's going to be me," Siroko shouts back at the DJ, then turns her attention towards the gnolls. She punches one fist into the palm of the other hand, and leaps up the stairs. She lands just short of Photine's light show.

Siroko points at the gnoll furthest on the left. "Hey furball!" The gnoll on the left looks her way, growling. "Yeah, you! I've got a bone to pick with you!" She jerks her hand back, and the gnoll is suddenly jerked across the arena towards her.

"Specifically, how my team-mates here are going to shove their boots so far up your rear end you'll be tasting leather for weeks."

Rolled a 3 on Get Over Here, used the effect to pull the gnoll adjacement to me. Commence with the beatings.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Siroko Tuuli

Siroko suddenly finds herself flat on her back, a fair distance from where she started. "Okay, not cool." She kips back up to her feet and points at the gnolls. "You guys are going down!" She indicates that direction with a thumbs down.

"You going to let these losers push you around Phoenix? You going to let them come at the Queen?" Siroko chides her team mate. Phoenix Queen can feel some of Siroko's boundless energy flowing into her.

As she urges her comrades on, Siroko raises her hand, a glowing blade of psionic energy appearing in it. She hurls it at the gnoll nearest - but whiffs. She frowns and shakes it off - at least she has the gnoll's attention.

Rolls done in Roll20.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Siroko Tuuli

Siroko takes a big hit and goes down hard, tumbling in the dirt. For a moment she doesn't move, then slowly pushes herself back up, head still hanging. Then she looks up, bloody and bruised, her expression hard. "I'm not going down like that." She leaps back to her feet, a new blade of psychic energy materializing in her hand.

As she rushes towards the final gnoll, Siroko fakes a move right, the goes left. She kicks off the pillar to get some elevation for her signature move, flipping to perform a headscissors takedown on the gnoll, whipping them over in a somersault to slam down underneath her as she brings her psiblade down for the coup de grâce.

Managed to take down that last gnoll with a crit. Technically I also stood Janine from prone with Tactics, but combat is over anyways.

Also fluffed that as hitting the gnoll with Siroko's finisher, Cloudburst.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Siroko Tuuli

Siroko's response to the DJ consists entirely of a rude gesture roughly translating to 'Up yours!,' which she emphasizes by also giving him the finger.

"I'm fine," Siroko says, somewhat unconvincingly as she tries to hide a bit of a limp. "Second rate dungeon like this isn't going to stop me."

"Speaking of, let's get in there before Photine gets herself ambushed."

Gonna lean into that Thick Headed complication.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Siroko Tuuli

"You guys check out the doors, I'll see about getting Photine back up here." She goes over to the trapdoor and drops down onto the floor so she can reach down towards her team mate.

"Hey Photine! Quit screwing around down there. Is it a way through or do I need to pull you back up?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Siroko Tuuli

Siroko grabs Photine's arm and tries to pull her out.

Got a 3 on roll20.

• Locked thread