Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Photine, the Lady of Light

Sauntering forward with a grin on her face, Photine soaks up the attention even as she raises her arms and spins around so that her dress flutters in the air and starts to glow. "MY NAMES PHOTINE, I'M THE LADY O' LIGHT. I'M BRIGHT AS A STAR AND I'M READY TO FIGHT." Even as she shouts to the crowd, the light shining off of her grows brighter and brighter, until even the outdoor light pales in comparison.

Light Emittance skill: 1d6 1
Welp, my attempt to show off my light is going to backfire terribly.

quote:

Name: Photine, the Lady of Light
Background: Performer
Origin: Demi-Elemental of Light
Level: 1
Class: Magician
Role: Blaster

Skills:
Entertainment Industry (Connections), Performance, Sleight-of-Hand, Flatter, Intimidate , Light Emittance, Witty Repartee

Wealth: Rich [2]

Complications:
Drama Queen
Literally Glowing

Tricks:
Can always play a crowd and keep them entertained.
Can always create scandal and drama

Feats:
Beam Blaster

Class Stuff:
Star Magic
Each Encounter Spell, once used, may not be used again in the following two combats. You may use at most 2 Encounter Spells in any given combat.
You gain your Reserve spell when you Rally.

Role stuff:
Multitarget Beam Blaster
When you attack, choose one of these benefits:
When you roll a 3-4 on a ranged or melee attack, deal 2 damage to one additional target within range. When you roll a 5-6 on a ranged or melee attack, deal either the power's effect or 2 damage to one additional target within range. You may use your existing squares of movement during the resolution of a Melee attack to acquire new targets. The movement grants Opportunities as usual.
Make a power with range X into a beam attack 5 squares long within X targeting all creatures in the zone. This still grants Opportunities as though it was Range X. Or, make a melee attack into a beam attack 5 squares long targeting all creatures in the zone. You may move the start of the beam one square for each square of reach you have.
Make a power with range X into a Burst 1 centered within X targeting all creatures in the zone. This still grants Opportunities as though it was Range X. Or, make a melee attack into a Burst 1 targeting all creatures in the zone. You may move the center of the zone one square for each square of reach you have.
You never hit yourself with Burst or beam attacks.

When a creature is included in the same effect multiple times from the same power, it only suffers once.

When making a Burst or beam attack, only the first attack roll may generate a Strike or lead to a Miss Trigger. You must roll your attack against the most powerful enemy first.

Powers:

Precision - At-Will
Your next Burst attack may target one additional creature adjacent to the zone, if that creature is within range 5.

Melee Basic Attack - At-Will
Range 0 Damage 2 (Roll)
No effect.

Ranged Basic Attack - At-Will
Range 10 Damage 2 (Roll)
No effect.

Charge - At-Will
Move up to your speed to a square adjacent a creature, and make a Melee Basic Attack against it. Each square of movement must bring you closer to the target. You cannot Charge through Difficult Terrain.

Margul's Toxic Missile Sunburn - At-Will
Range 10 Damage 2 (Roll)
Effect: On a failed save, the target is Vulnerable 1 until the end of the encounter.

The Excellent Prismatic Spray Vicious Rainbows - At-Will
Range 10 (No Roll)
Deal 2 damage to the target with no attack roll. You may gain the benefit of your Boosts as though you had rolled a 5 on the attack.

The Instant Repulsion Photonic Shove - At-Will
Damage 2 (Roll)
Effect: The target and each creature adjacent to you are pushed 3 squares.

Assess - At-Will
Roll a die and ask the GM that many questions from the list below.
About an enemy:

How many hit points does it have?
How would you summarize its powers?
What are its special traits?
Is it carrying anything strange or unique?
About the encounter:

Who is really in charge?
What can I use against the enemies?
What can they use against me?
Are there hidden doors or traps?
Are there hidden enemies?

Mudge's Localized Inferno Incandescent Dance Floor - Encounter
Create a 7x7 zone centered within 10 squares. Each creature in the zone takes 3 damage.

Radiant Motes of the Overworld Solar Flare - Encounter
Range 10 Damage 3 (Roll)
Effect: Target is Blinded until the end of its next turn.

Practical Dome of Preservation Bent Light - Encounter
Use this power when a creature hits with an attack against you. The creature instead misses.

Rally - Encounter
No action. You may only use this on your turn, but you may use at any point in your turn, even while Incapacitated, Dominated, or under any other Status. Spend an Action Point. Regain 4 Hit Points and gain the use of your Reserve Spell.

Consistent Attack - Encounter
Trigger: You miss an enemy with an attack.
Spend an Action Point. Apply 2 damage and the attack's Effect to another enemy in range.

Reserve Spell
Mudge's Localized Inferno Incandescent Dance Floor - Encounter
Create a 7x7 zone centered within 10 squares. Each creature in the zone takes 3 damage.

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Photine

Glaring daggers at the Phoenix Queen, Photines hand is raised to strike the older woman in the back when the Gnolls move into view. A sneer crosses her face as she gestures across the room, a wave of light leavimg her hand and somehow sticking to the floor under the gnolls feet. "Alright people, lets see if these beasts can DANCE! Don't throw a hip here hag."

Incandescent Dance Floor centered under the closest of the Gnolls. It's a 7x7 zone.

Incandescent Dance Floor - Encounter

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 25, 2016

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Photine

"HEY! FUR-HEADS! SHOWY MAGICS ARE MY SCHTICK, GET YOUR OWN!" A rainbow streams out of Photines outstretched hands and towards the three Gnolls at the back, passing just over Janines head before suddenly splitting into separate beams of color, each beam reaching out to spear the nearby gnolls. The red beam just barely avoids the Phoenix Queen as it rams itself through her opponents head and out the other side, but the superheated blood and brains that spew out of the wounds still manage to spray across the wrestlers costume. A brief laugh and a "Ooops, sorry about that" hints that it might not have been totally accidental.

Rolled 'cover opponent in blood' unskilled (and got a 4) after using Vicious Rainbows to harm the two mage gnolls and kill the grappled spear-gnoll with a Burst 1 attack.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Photine

"Oh no! Siroco! I've got you!" Photine shouts as she dramatically raises her hands again, this time shooting a rainbow out of each of her hands. One impales the speargnoll standing over the poor innocent tryhard, while the other one lanced out towards the Gnoll in the Phoenix Queens grip.

Vicious Rainbows with MultiBeam Targeting Boost, dealing 2 damage to the spear gnoll and another 2 to the gnoll in the PQ's hands. Attempted to 'cover opponent in blood' again and rolled a Twist.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Photine

Photine finds one of her immaculately shaped eyebrows twitching after the replace, a strained smile covering her face as she strides into the next part of the dungeon. "They had to show the people who got hurt. That was the failure camera, I didn't want to be on it anyways. Not all screentime is good screentime, not all screentime is good screentime..." she can be heard muttering under her breath as she walks into the antechamber and turns her glow up so that everyone can see.

Going to use my complication Literally Glowing here, she's going into the antechamber in front of everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Photine

Standing up and brushing off her dress, Photine gives a cursory look around with her nose scrunched up cutely. "Ugh, it's some kind of tunnel and it smells terrible! Get me out of here!"

Will use Siroko's assistance to climb out

Climb (disadvantage): 2d6 keep lowest 3

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 7, 2016

• Locked thread