Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluffieDuckie

we will make a thing

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Vanisher's got mad baking skillz

FluffieDuckie

:siren: today is baking day :siren:

FluffieDuckie

alnilam posted:

this was 90% the work of my housemate but i helped! because it was mostly not my doing, I dont' intend for this to be considered an entry contest-wise but i still wanted to contribute for funzo

spooky dirt pudding graveyard

the trick? it's vegan :twisted::evilbuddy:

it's adorable :love:

FluffieDuckie

current baking situation: stalled out. sent a party out in the rain in search of missing ingredient. haven't heard from them. outlook is uncertain.

FluffieDuckie

yeah well the baking is still going on and there have been 3 trips to the grocery so far. the duck family is famous for getting all enthusiastic about holiday baking and then crashing and burning

FluffieDuckie

ok i've now rage quit the kitchen. this is what we wound up with

now i'm sure you're thinking, gosh duckie that's a treat but where's the trick?

the trick is that we were trying to make something complicated using white chocolate covered pretzels to make little skeleton bodies and we failed miserably. i would show you failure pictures but i'm not going back in there

the second trick was that at some point during the day the fam decided they would rather have pumpkin bread so i had to halt everything and do this

and of course my standard pumpkin seed roasting.

i literally just stormed out of the kitchen with mr duck standing there with a mangled skeleton body in his hand. he's like "um what am i supposed to do with this"

FluffieDuckie

ok i just went back in there to rescue mr duck and he had hobbled this together

the trick on that one is not only can you not touch it because it will disintegrate, but 3 seconds after i took the picture it slid off the top of the cupcake

FluffieDuckie

vanisher posted:

Those are some neat cupped cakes, are those decorated marshmallows? They look delish.

yep they're marshmallow heads. they were supposed to have pretzel bodies :cry:

FluffieDuckie

Manifisto posted:

so I mentioned I had another project in the works

the world is divided into those who like candy corn and those who have taste buds. ok ok different strokes for different folks but seriously that stuff is nasty. so I wondered, could I make something that looks like candy corn but is actually tasty?

here's my attempt at that.

I wanted to try tropical flavors: mango, papaya, and coconut. since I'd always wanted to try making gummy candy I thought this might be a good way to tackle the matter. I basically adapted this recipe, using sugar instead of stevia, no lemon juice, and using coconut cream, papaya juice, and mango juice as the flavors.

so I think the candy turned out pretty well flavorwise, but I think if I were to do it again I'd increase the amount of gelatin (real gummy bears/gummy candy is firmer than what I ended up with), I'd use more sugar (I hoped the sweetness of the juice would cut out the need for lots of sweetener, but I think you really need it), and I'd probably try the lemon juice or some citric acid powder for brightness

anyway, happy halloween byob, if you happen to like traditional candy corn I guess this is your night!

:stwoon:

FluffieDuckie

social vegan posted:

i really like candy corn and am happy these haters exist cuz they push down the price so I can buy low and eat high

FluffieDuckie

i'd insist i shouldn't have won but i personally ate THREE of those things and they were indeed delicious or maybe i could have stopped at 2 like a sane person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

here's the thing with me and sweets. i can eat zero. and i often eat zero. but once i eat one, i eat them all.

i guess that's typical addict behavior tho so i might not be alone

• Locked thread