Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Dear the Houston Texans,

I have this slightly used Matt "Moxie" McGloin who next season will be available as a free agent...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

November 1st is the trading deadline and as far as I know Torrey Smith is the only player on the block

Supposedly also Joe Staley, but Chip refuted that one.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

LEGO Genetics posted:

Dear the Houston Texans,

I have this slightly used Matt "Moxie" McGloin who next season will be available as a free agent...

Next season? We got 9 more games of this poo poo to slog through. What do you want in trade right now?

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Brock Osweiler would fit in perfectly with the Bills QBs from 1997-2014

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Brock "Rob Johnson" Oswieler
Yes, that one. I thought he looked familiar. Except he seems more durable(a house of cards is also more durable than Rob Johnson).

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

wyoak posted:

Haynesworth is still the worst FA contract ever, but good effort Brock

Haynesworth at least played the position of defensive tackle effectively at some point in his professional career.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

November 1st is the trading deadline and as far as I know Torrey Smith is the only player on the block

Osweiler should be on the block

The executioner's block

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Brockenstein posted:

Osweiler should be on the block

The executioner's block

Only because there isn't a long enough rope to hang him by.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Haynesworth at least played the position of defensive tackle effectively at some point in his professional career.

Yeah it's easy to make fun of Washington/Dan Snyder but Haynesworth was a goddamned monster in his contract year. Brock's most meaningful contribution was getting benched for a quarterback who had a 9/17 TD/INT ratio.

Oh sure a HoF quarterback with that stat but one who had played badly enough to get himself benched by a ridiculously patient coach.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Crossposting

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000727656/article/eagles-49ers-talking-torrey-smith-trade

Please Doug/Howie/Jefferie/Satan/Captain Picard make it so

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hey Bad Moon to answer your question in the week 7 thread we're apparently asking for a first for him so it's not like you guys use those anyway

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Isn't Torrey Smith kinda done

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

a neat cape posted:

Isn't Torrey Smith kinda done

Hes done on a team that cant throw deep balls

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If and when the 49ers trade Torrey their purge of their vaunted 2015 "hey guys we're trying to spend money honest" free agent crop will be complete. Check out these who's who:

Darnell Dockett, Shareece Wright, Torrey Smith, Jarryd Hayne and Erik Pears.

Two of these players never played a down for the 49ers.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
you can't spell Trevor Siemian without "elite"

(don't spellcheck that)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Hey Bad Moon to answer your question in the week 7 thread we're apparently asking for a first for him so it's not like you guys use those anyway

Well we could definitely use a left tackle....

But what happened to Armstead that you guys want to trade him already? :haw:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Depends if you want to believe if Joe Thomas/Staley are on the block.

I have a suspicion that Jamaal Charles might be on the block, but not sure who would trade for him since his ACL recovery doesn't seem to be going well.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 25, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bSSL16a8R8

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Maybe a 1 year OC for the Patriots who Brady yelled at on the sidelines for being a fuckup bitch isn't an offensive mastermind after all?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

As a busybody, it's kind of nice not having football on Monday or Thursday.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Qwijib0 posted:

I was worried preseason about the cards-panthers rematch, but now I just expect Bad Football.

The Panthers are basically down two offensive tackles.

They won't be able to get a play off.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Apparently the Eagles are involved in talks to trade for him which pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/790733573007503360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

oh and Alshon Jeffery too.

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/790738442443452417?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Broncos are cool and good

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

axeil posted:

Apparently the Eagles are involved in talks to trade for him which pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/790733573007503360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/790738442443452417?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

La Canfora is pulling poo poo out of his rear end.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah it's easy to make fun of Washington/Dan Snyder but Haynesworth was a goddamned monster in his contract year. Brock's most meaningful contribution was getting benched for a quarterback who had a 9/17 TD/INT ratio.

Oh sure a HoF quarterback with that stat but one who had played badly enough to get himself benched by a ridiculously patient coach.
Peyton was playing injured before he got benched but your point still stands because lol 2015 Peyton.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

axeil posted:

Yeah if it's only reported by JLC it's him completely speculating

I'm so shocked he has a job. He's like Teflon. Guy gets busted numerous times being a hack thief, being totally wrong, and just comes off like a huge general rear end in a top hat.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Moss is boss

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/790700486907289600

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

wouldn't rule out the dolphins inquiring on me to come play LB

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Randy owns and is Jerry Jones biggest draft mistake ever.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ehud posted:

wouldn't rule out the dolphins inquiring on me to come play LB

yeah but will you be able to pass the physical with your bum foot

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What is Torrey Smith worth right now? A third?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lol if you don't think the Rams are saving goff's debut for two weeks so he can hopefully look good in his first start against a team without corners or defensive ends.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

fsif posted:

no fuckin way, he's an average receiver. his best season was at the lower end of what we consider average production for a #1. especially not on a team like the Eagles, where the line doesn't protect long enough to let him get down the field, which is the only thing he's particularly good at

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Torrey Smith is worth a 6.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Remember when people thought Trent baalke was good lmao

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Moss owns and has always owned. Reminder: he got Belichick to come to his Halloween party dressed as a rollerskating pirate.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Even in a lost season the Bears would have to be really stupid to trade Jeffery so I hope it happens.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

At best they'll get like a conditional 6th that could become a 5. He sucks.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

C-Euro posted:

Even in a lost season the Bears would have to be really stupid to trade Jeffery so I hope it happens.
Ryan Pace strikes me as the kind of GM who would pull such a move

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
N: Packers put Abbrederis on IR, bring up Geronimo Allison.

V: While I will greatly miss Abby, Geronimo is an awesome WR with an awesome name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Torrey Smith is worth a 6.

that's my belief as well. if the Eagles give up a 5 or better I'll be pissed. this isn't a win-now team or a win-now season, there's no reason to waste a mid-round pick on a guy who'll be 30 by the time this team is ready to contend. it'd be a pointless luxury move

• Locked thread